KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - So Sound Choice Gem Series is already pirated? How's that? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:43 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 46 times
MtnKaraoke wrote:
They don't deserve to have their investment devalued or their competition given an illegal/unfair advantage any more than you do.

Then SC should actually DO something about it, instead of turning pirates into "legit" competition!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:38 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
MtnKaraoke wrote:
I'm well aware that you don't care. Specifically as it relates to piracy and its effect on SC.

Would you be so gracious as to substantiate your claim without directly naming the host/KJ's that you've SEEN in possession of or using pirated GEM series tracks? How about just the town or the venues in which you witnessed this? Just a little info to go on so that your claim can be verified without any overt action on your part?

Why should he play SC cop just to please you and SC? If you don't believe Joe, then just tell him you think he's not telling the truth or that he could be mistaken... You simply want him to be your rat-puppet by claiming he should "substantiate his claim?" Either you believe him or you don't and that should be the end of it.

MtnKaraoke wrote:
Or does your bias allow you to justify standing idly by as others in your own area (I'm assuming) do more damage to the industry and subsequently to the honest, hard working people like you and me and anyone else who has a legitimate stake?

You are really reaching to try to lay more guilt on Joe for not being your informer than my Jewish mother-in-law. And SC has done plenty to "damage to the industry and subsequently to the honest, hard working people" like Joe and other KJ's all by themselves. They certainly don't need Joe's help.

MtnKaraoke wrote:
You do realize that GEM series have been sold to more than just the handful of people that communicate on the internet forums, right? What you are claiming here could have a damaging effect on many, many more people who are struggling to get by, and not just within your circle of influence. They don't deserve to have their investment devalued or their competition given an illegal/unfair advantage any more than you do.

Guilt, guilt, guilt..... this is truly pathetic. Joe's not a 6-year-old.

MtnKaraoke wrote:
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Burke

Flag-waving....

Let SC's "investigators" find them.... that's what they are paid to do.... You wouldn't want to be responsible for putting an investigator out of work would you?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:46 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
Bazza wrote:
JoeChartreuse wrote:
That being said, I have SEEN at least three hosts with pirated Gem sets.

So Joe, who are they? IF these mystery hosts truly have & are using pirated GEM sets, it's cut & dried they they are 100% stolen & illegal. There is no grey area here.

You are against piracy, right? :wink:

Correct on all counts. Stolen by pirates, and yes, I'm against piracy. If you were hoping for an arguement, I'm sorry. No gray area-....

Now- point me to an agency that won't allow them to pay protection money to stay in business, and I will happily report them.

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:08 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
JoeChartreuse wrote:
Now- point me to an agency that won't allow them to pay protection money to stay in business, and I will happily report them.

I would think that since a pirated GEM would be a slam dunk theft, the local authorities could be contacted then do their own investigation as to who the pirates are by questioning witnesses.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:16 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Wall Of Sound wrote:
I would think that since a pirated GEM would be a slam dunk theft, the local authorities could be contacted then do their own investigation as to who the pirates are by questioning witnesses.

All the others are "slam dunk thefts" as well.
What makes you think that they will care any more about this theft than they have about all the rest?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:40 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

diafel wrote:
Wall Of Sound wrote:

What makes you think that they will care any more about this theft than they have about all the rest?

Because each particular GEM can be traced back to the original license holder. If that license holder had anything to do with copying the content, it is criminal theft. No need for copyright/trademark issues which apparently are mainly civil issues.

So since it would be considered criminal theft, the police would have to at least file a report which would probably involve questioning any witnesses.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:52 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Wall Of Sound wrote:
diafel wrote:
Wall Of Sound wrote:

Because each particular GEM can be traced back to the original license holder. If that license holder had anything to do with copying the content, it is criminal theft. No need for copyright/trademark issues which apparently are mainly civil issues.

So since it would be considered criminal theft, the police would have to at least file a report which would probably involve questioning any witnesses.

Good luck with that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
JoeChartreuse wrote:
That being said, I have SEEN at least three hosts with pirated Gem sets.
Really? What leads you to believe the GEM sets are pirated? Just askin'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:11 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Wall Of Sound wrote:
diafel wrote:
Wall Of Sound wrote:

Unless the computer was stolen that contained the files. Didn't DannyG have a computer stolen with the GEM set put on the hard drive?

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Lonman wrote:
Wall Of Sound wrote:
diafel wrote:
Wall Of Sound wrote:

Unless the computer was stolen that contained the files. Didn't DannyG have a computer stolen with the GEM set put on the hard drive?

That is a great argument Lonman. Making this case even more important to find out who the alleged pirates are that Joe has witnessed. If someone had a computer stolen with the GEMs on it, I would think the original licensee would have reported it. Knowing who the alleged pirates are that were witnessed by Joe, could help in recovering the stolen computer which even makes the case more criminal.

I can't speak for Danny as to what was stolen from him. I'll let him respond. However, I did state in my previous post, "If that license holder had anything to do with copying the content, it is criminal theft." ~ If a computer was stolen, then the licensee had nothing to do with copying the content.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:48 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Wall Of Sound wrote:
That is a great argument Lonman. Making this case even more important to find out who the alleged pirates are that Joe has witnessed. If someone had a computer stolen with the GEMs on it, I would think the original licensee would have reported it. Knowing who the alleged pirates are that were witnessed by Joe, could help in recovering the stolen computer which even makes the case more criminal.

Terrific.... I would think that SC should get right on that.... otherwise what is Joe's incentive to be involved? He's not an investigator... and he's not getting paid.. and he gets nothing in return. The satisfaction of "feeling good" and "helping the industry for his fellow hosts" just wouldn't cut it in my book.

The worse would be to find out that the pirated (if they are) products be the ones stolen from DannyG.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

But Joe may have, by his own admission, witnessed criminal activity. If true, this criminal activity should be investigated by local authorities if a complaint is filed. If a complaint is filed, authorities are most likely to question witnesses.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:06 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Wall Of Sound wrote:
But Joe may have, by his own admission, witnessed criminal activity. If true, this criminal activity should be investigated by local authorities if a complaint is filed. If a complaint is filed, authorities are most likely to question witnesses.

It's a civil matter.. remember? SC is free to file "the complaint" you're talking about and Joe is under no obligation to do anything....

It's "hearsay" and MurrayC hates hearsay.... so do the cops.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

c. staley wrote:

It's a civil matter.. remember? SC is free to file "the complaint" you're talking about and Joe is under no obligation to do anything....

I disagree that it is a civil matter, I believe it can be viewed as criminal since SC can trace back every licensee of the GEM Series out there.

c. staley wrote:

This I can agree on.

So you agree that Joe's statement is merely hearsay then with no proof to back up his statement that the GEM Series has been pirated.

So I would suggest to all who are reading this forum topic that Joe Chartreuse's statement should not be taken as fact regarding this subject.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:28 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Wall Of Sound wrote:
c. staley wrote:

I disagree that it is a civil matter, I believe it can be viewed as criminal since SC can trace back every licensee of the GEM Series out there.

Then it's entirely up to SC to "protect their product" isn't it? They need to get off their buns and get busy.

Wall Of Sound wrote:
c. staley wrote:

This I can agree on.

So you agree that Joe's statement is merely hearsay then with no proof to back up his statement that the GEM Series has been pirated.

So I would suggest to all who are reading this forum topic that Joe Chartreuse's statement should not be taken as fact regarding this subject.

I do not agree to anything you say that I should agree to... I can do that myself depending on the issue. I don't speak for you and you don't speak for me remember?

You are welcome to suggest all you want and call everyone who refuses to give you proof a liar and/or fabricator, I have a much better opinion of Joe's reliability regarding his statements. Besides, what's his incentive to lie?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:46 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Whatever Chief....

You say it's hearsay, so do I.

Again, more hearsay by Joe Chartreuse.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:36 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
Question is "Does SC sell the Gem Series World Wide?"

They say they only sell to KJ's so does this mean that they only sell to U.S. KJ's? and just how do they determine you are a host? By making you sign a piece of paper under threat of a law suit swearing you are a KJ?

If they sell overseas then that could be where the pirated copies come from.

Just how far can SC reach?
Good luck if the torrent comes from Russia, China or other places the U.S. can't touch.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:51 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Lonman is correct that hard drives with GEM series content were stolen from me although I don't remember actually stating so in a forum. I do remember stating that I bought the GEM series to replace the 700+ SC discs that were previously stolen from me and a laptop that was stolen but that was before I got the GEM series.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:58 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 307 times

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:21 am viewtopic.php?f=26&t=22012&p=307090&hilit=+gem#p307090

DannyG2006 wrote:
There has been theft of the GEMS in CT. I have had two hard drives stolen in the past year that contained the GEM series. I have since moved away from the thieves. SC has the serial numbers that were linked to both drives.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:20 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
earthling12357 wrote:

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:21 am viewtopic.php?f=26&t=22012&p=307090&hilit=+gem#p307090

DannyG2006 wrote:
There has been theft of the GEMS in CT. I have had two hard drives stolen in the past year that contained the GEM series. I have since moved away from the thieves. SC has the serial numbers that were linked to both drives.

Thank you for reminding me. I don't always remember every post I make.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next