KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - What NEW Releases is everyone singing at your shows? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions New Music - Request & Released Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 226 times
Doesn't have to be spankin' Brand New, but within the last 6 months or so, what are the more popular newer songs performed in your venues? All genres if you're able. Thanks!

..i've kinda been outta the loop with "new" music other than BEP and Bruno Marrs...and they're getting old fast. :lol:

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:05 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Florence and the Machine, Katy B, BEPs (The Time Dirty Bit), Eminem & Rihanna (I love How You Lie). Bruno Mars. Pink's new stuff (F'n Perfect) More but can't think of them off the top of my head.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:45 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

the eminem song would be "love the way you lie"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:03 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

hhb119fist @ Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:45 pm wrote:
the eminem song would be "love the way you lie"
right -- not sure how I got that wrong. Bit busy these days, about 1/8" tall spread so think. Love the way You live.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:07 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
The cleaned up version: Cee-Lo Green's "Forget You"

I love Karaoke Kurrents' version.

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:08 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Love Letter - R. Kelly
Forget You (clean) - Cee-Lo Green
Stuck Like Glue - Sugarland
Just The Way You Are - Bruno Mars

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:37 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 294 times
Anything by Miranda Lambert. "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz has been getting alot of play, mostly because we can Autotune it. We need to expand a bit, there.

We didn't put "Forget You" in our books but when someone requested it we told her we had it and she could do it if she made sure to say "Forget." Of course the audience screamed out the other word. May not fly in that venue.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:34 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

As far as the "Forget You" version - I have it but even then I reserve it for the later times in a show when the older, perhaps more easily offended, people are gone. Believe it, the younger (under 50) crowd loves it. Look around the room and everyone is singing along, even the "F You" part. Not like everybody hasn't heard the word before. A young female singer at my show does it, changes the gender, and the fact that she is an amazing singer may have something to do with it. She is the one who also sings a lot of FLorence and the Machine songs.

I also have "F'n Perfect" by Pink -- another great young female singer does it. Pink is very popular in general.

Adele's songs all get sung at my shows, too. Stuck like Glue is losing its sheen a little. Of course all of Taylor Swift's new songs are done at my once-a-month kids' show. (which reminds me, have to replace the 'bad' one that doesn't show lyrics)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:39 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
leopard lizard @ Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:37 am wrote:
Anything by Miranda Lambert. "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz has been getting alot of play, mostly because we can Autotune it. We need to expand a bit, there.

We didn't put "Forget You" in our books but when someone requested it we told her we had it and she could do it if she made sure to say "Forget." Of course the audience screamed out the other word. May not fly in that venue.

I didn’t put that song “F*** You” by PopHits in our books either because like any other songs with blip lyrics they tend to say it anyway, & we can’t have that in a family restaurant/club.

I have the clean Sunfly version from SelectATrack customs, the words appear on the screen as “forget you”. I ordered two versions for male lead & female lead; replaced him to her/boyfriend to girlfriend vice versa.

By the way, Leopard L - what brand autotune are you using? A friend is selling me his like new Antares for $150.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:00 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

We have the Antares. We got to play with both an Antares and a Helicon and the Helicon has more voice options (you can make a woman sound like a man, etc) but the Antares does the "Cher effect" and has a "Telephone" voice we use on Smooth so if it is that cheap, you will probably have fun with it. Has a bit of a learning curve and you have to know the key that each song is in but once the boyfriend got it down, it has been pretty smooth and as the 70's Guy mentioned, the young kids love it.

Speaking of which, hey 70s Guy, what new songs do you like to use it on? We have about ODed on "Dynamite" and "Fireflies."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:24 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
:D You do have to give a bit. She is a girlie.
She did happen to mention she has the AVP-1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:54 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Quit smirking.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:17 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 226 times
Mahalo (thanks) for all the replies!

I downloaded the Florence & the Machine songs, Pink's F-king Perfect (clean version) and a Katy B song from Tricerasoft's website. Buying a giftcard for $90 gets you 75 songs which is a great deal! Buy them a la carte and they're like $2.49-$2.99 each.

The Giftcard doesn't expire and at $1.20 per song for NEW songs, i love it!

I prefer the SBI versions first, then Sunfly, Zoom, then Abraxa. Music on all 4 manus are very good with new songs, but swipes on the Abraxa sometimes are way off and their words and spelling are quite funky. Sunfly has the occasional swipe delay but not nearly as bad. I believe sunfly & Abraxa have the same music just different graphics.

The other mentioned songs (thanks again) i already have and use. The Way You Lie, Meet Me Halfway, Empire State Of Mind, and a few Lady Antebellum songs get done nightly, as well as BEP and Eminem. Most of my singers at show #1 range from 21-35 years old.

PLEASE Keep them suggestions coming! I still have 30 credits left and would like to order the songs that are actually being sung and forgo the wasted monthlies. Aloha!! -john

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:16 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
johnreynolds @ Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:17 pm wrote:
I prefer the SBI versions first, then Sunfly, Zoom, then Abraxa. Music on all 4 manus are very good with new songs, but swipes on the Abraxa sometimes are way off and their words and spelling are quite funky. Sunfly has the occasional swipe delay but not nearly as bad. I believe sunfly & Abraxa have the same music just different graphics.

Funny thing is i've noticed is quite often (at least on the songs i've researched) is that the SBI, Sunfly & Abraxa (and even a couple of the others at Selectatrack) all use the same music track - almost like they share the track and add their own graphics.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:30 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 160 times
Lonman @ March 3rd 2011, 5:16 am wrote:
johnreynolds @ Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:17 pm wrote:

Funny thing is i've noticed is quite often (at least on the songs i've researched) is that the SBI, Sunfly & Abraxa (and even a couple of the others at Selectatrack) all use the same music track - almost like they share the track and add their own graphics.

Hmmmm??? The manufacturers are file sharing??? LOL That's awesome!

Maybe Sound Choice will file a law suit against them for unfair competition practices? :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:36 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 10 times
Sunfly are now using SBI backing tracks for their music, they have been for about 6 months.
Mr. Entertainer which is a UK brand also use SBI tracks and has from the first disc they made, so we now have less choice to find the best versions of tracks here in the UK.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:27 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 160 times
Gnome Karaoke @ March 3rd 2011, 8:36 am wrote:
Sunfly are now using SBI backing tracks for their music, they have been for about 6 months.
Mr. Entertainer which is a UK brand also use SBI tracks and has from the first disc they made, so we now have less choice to find the best versions of tracks here in the UK.

Yeah, but you can make your own Gnomey, right?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:57 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

I suspect there are some SC tracks in that UK mix, also. "Symphony of Destruction" put out by Xtreme Karaoke has graphics that look exactly like SC and I always wondered about some of SBIs but didn't have the original SC to compare them to--but for the longest time I was frustated that I couldn't get "Snoopy's Christmas" or "Sink the Bismarck" anymore from SC and suddenly they both appeared on SBI--as well as that Christmas donkey song that Serenity and J. Reverb promised to duet for us. Again, I didn't compare but it just seems too coincidental.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Jamey Johnson-High Cost Of Living is going GREAT! This guy sings it so awesome at our show! Also Pretty Good At Drinkin Beer,Who Are You When I'm Not Looking,What Do You Want..Lots of country

I myself have been dying to learn a few but my "woman cave" is not yet finished,all my stuff is in my dining room right now. I get my 12x24 cave this week Cant wait to practice w/out the family yelling "turn it down!" LOL..Anyways I want to learn Little White Church and an older new one called Cheater Cheater and I got my hands on a few classic pioneer discs chok full of some awesome older songs! Im soo ready to start singing & recording again!

[shadow=black][scroll]You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself....KD Lang[/scroll][/shadow]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:46 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Karen K @ Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:05 am wrote:
Florence and the Machine, Katy B, BEPs (The Time Dirty Bit), Eminem & Rihanna (I love How You Lie). Bruno Mars. Pink's new stuff (F'n Perfect) More but can't think of them off the top of my head.

Eminem & Rihanna (I love the way You Lie).
I WISH someone would sing this at our shows! I love the song!

[shadow=black][scroll]You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself....KD Lang[/scroll][/shadow]