KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - REFURBISHED CDGs on E-Bay... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:36 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
Talk about blatant...... And we don't even have James Harrington on the forum anymore to report this to (not like anything would have happened anyway). I ESPECIALLY LOVED the condition being described as REFURBISHED (like that adds legitimacy to the item).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sound-Choice-S ... SwjyhaPWEy

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sound-Choice-K ... 0005.m1851

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SC-8586-SOUND- ... 2999544431

BUT... I did report it to e-bay. e-Bay will probably see the report in 3 days and then remove it (if it hasn't sold by then).

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:23 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 130 times
Oh my... I can't decide whether to laugh or cry.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 224 times
Maybe show them this one too: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Karaoke-Harddr ... 0005.m1851

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:27 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 242 times
This kind of shyte really pisses me off. eBay knows better but they allow this crap on their auction site.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:50 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Reported as well, but like Cue said it will take a few days before they even look at it i'm sure.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:12 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Lonman wrote:
Reported as well, but like Cue said it will take a few days before they even look at it i'm sure.

reported this one too: https://www.ebay.com/itm/KARAOKE-LIBRAR ... Sw5VtaNosU

and this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional-K ... Swc2FZcKO-

This one even added a note: BE AWARE!!! The list is complying to eBay and VeRO policy! As well I will provide any legal paper related to the list if needed! :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:49 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Brian A wrote:
Lonman wrote:

reported this one too: https://www.ebay.com/itm/KARAOKE-LIBRAR ... Sw5VtaNosU

and this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional-K ... Swc2FZcKO-

This one even added a note: BE AWARE!!! The list is complying to eBay and VeRO policy! As well I will provide any legal paper related to the list if needed! :roll:

Umm my understanding is that if everything that is on the drive were downloads that that piece of paper isn't even worth the paper it's printed on because you can't sell the downloads because ownership is not transferable.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 224 times
EBay is so large and does so many transactions an hour, they can probably sell quite a few before they get reported/noticed. And once they are caught and taken down, I'm going to bet there is no reporting to the legal authorities. It's like a game to see how many they can sell before they are shut down.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:19 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 50 times
Gee that's pretty blatant.. It would be one thing if it were a "Refurbished" disk (copy) and it came with the original scratched up SC disk as well. Somebody get this clown!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:32 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Well all 3 are now listed as no longer available, whether they were sold or ebay put a stop to it remains to be seen.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:31 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I don't see why eBay doesn't vet these items before allowing them to be put on their website. I'm no programmer but on the surface it wouldn't seem to be all that difficult to verify these items prior to displaying them. Unfortunately eBay is so big that it would be nearly impossible for any company of a lesser size to file suit against them for a contributory infringement. You'd need an endless cash reserve to even get past discovery. They'd outspend you into obscurity. I refuse to believe that they don't know what's going on with these items.

From the labels standpoint, it's difficult to take them down under Vero because the sellers don't usually advertise the brand names included on their drives so unless it can be proven that your product is included on those drives, then eBay will tell you to take a hike. So the label is left with the decision to purchase a drive for a few hundred bucks then contact eBay's Vero program and by that time the seller already has another ad somewhere else. I guess the only practical way of doing it if you're a label is to take matters into your own hands by purchasing one of these drives, send it to a company that specializes in making forensic copies of the drive, then wait for the copied drive to come back and have someone read the drive to look for your files, and then file suit against the seller. Of course then you have to find their real address, and then serve them. It ain't easy. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:53 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Bastiat wrote:
... and then file suit against the seller. Of course then you have to find their real address, and then serve them. It ain't easy. :(

What about the old saying, "Follow the money."? Most of these transactions now-a-days are being done through PayPal. You need to have a valid account in PayPal in order to use it. In the case of the Seller, that means there's a bank account listed in there somewhere. Can't someone get an order to freeze those assets, and then continue from there?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:02 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Lonman wrote:
Well all 3 are now listed as no longer available, whether they were sold or ebay put a stop to it remains to be seen.

The auction says it was removed by the seller because the item was no longer available. That probably means he sold it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:04 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 26 times
cueball wrote:
Can't someone get an order to freeze those assets, and then continue from there?

Its the willingness of the law enforcement agencies to take these steps, and I just don't think karaoke is high enough on their radar. I don't know how you would go about compelling paypal to release that sort of information in a civil case either.

All comes down to who has deeper pockets and can afford the fight.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:36 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

PayPal records can be subpoena'd and in fact we've already done that in cases where we've filed suit or planned to file suit. It doesn't help with the eBay thing however.