KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - So long, farewell... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: So long, farewell...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:18 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
Today is my last day with Phoenix Entertainment Partners. I stepped back from my day-to-day responsibilities with the company back in August, but I have stayed on doing some behind-the-scenes work and managing my caseload. I will continue to serve as counsel in my existing cases until they are finished, but I will no longer be monitoring this board or social media, nor will I be taking questions about Phoenix via email.

I have served as counsel, in one capacity or another, for Phoenix and its predecessor since 2009. I've enjoyed my work for the company, and I've especially enjoyed being immersed in the karaoke culture. Music is one of the great interests of my life, so being a part of this in even a small way has been fulfilling in ways I never would have guessed when I walked into Kurt's office more than 8 years ago. But all good things must eventually come to an end, and it's time for me to move on to something else.

If you have questions or comments for Phoenix, I would encourage you to send them to customercare@phxep.com, where they will be handled in a timely manner by the fine staff there.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: So long, farewell...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:16 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
Don't be a stranger Jim. If you ever visit Niagara Falls, Ontario Please drop by for complimentary beverages.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:08 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) Not even worth your time anymore, right Jim? Have a Happy New Year and try not to lose too many cases, it's bad for business.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 204 times
:confused:

It's regrettable that the only clear, attributable voice that could or would officially state PEP policy will go silent.

Whatever side of the myriad issues one may find themselves on, it seems clear to me that Mr. Harrington was an effective representative of his client's interests.

Who will take his place? How will this effect PEP's future concerns?

Farewell JimHarrington. We can hope the sun shines bright on the path you choose.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 226 times
Good Luck to you Jim!
Thanks for the many years of interesting dialogue, fact finding, and popcorn-worthy debates.

Happy 2018 and take care! :biggrinthumb: :party:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:45 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Some things just "happen"..

Quote:
In a tale almost too ironic to be true, a defense attorney in Florida had his pants catch on fire as he was presenting his closing argument in an arson trial!

Moments after he began addressing the jurors, lawyer Stephen Gutierrez suddenly noticed smoke billowing out of his pocket and ran out of the courtroom in fright.

He would later claim, after the jury had been removed from the room, that his e-cigarette had spontaneously burst into flames and what just happened to be an incredible coincidental moment.

The circumstances of the odd incident are even more curious because Gutierrez's argument in the trial is that his client did not intentionally set fire to his car and was, in fact, a victim of spontaneous combustion.

Although one might suspect that the scene was orchestrated by Gutierrez to demonstrate the possibility for such a scenario, the attorney assured the court that he had not planned the fire.

Regardless of whether it was genuine or an attempt at courtroom theatrics, the weird event apparently did not sway the jury, who found his client guilty.

Then again, there may be grounds for appeal if any of the jurors rendered their verdict based on the old adage "liar, liar, pants on fire."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:47 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

MtnKaraoke wrote:
:confused:

It's regrettable that the only clear, attributable voice that could or would officially state PEP policy will go silent.

Whatever side of the myriad issues one may find themselves on, it seems clear to me that Mr. Harrington was an effective representative of his client's interests.

Who will take his place? How will this effect PEP's future concerns?

Farewell JimHarrington. We can hope the sun shines bright on the path you choose.

8) The only regrettable thing I can see is it took so long for Jim to see the light. That there is no future in trying to beat a dead horse. It has been apparent for some time that the whole SC/PEP legal dog and pony show has been a huge failure. That there are now more illegal hosts out there competing with what few legal hosts are still in the business. There is no need for anyone to take his place, since the impact of what he was trying to do was having no tangible results. His efforts did not effect my business when I was hosting, and now that I have been semi-retired, even less than nothing. It has all been a waste of time and energy, and I for one won't miss the drama.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:07 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
Apparently, he's moved on to Bass Clef Holdings, LLC. Does that mean he's completely divorced from PEP, or did he move to a larger firm more equipped to handle PEP's trademark trolling workload?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:57 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
djdon wrote:
Apparently, he's moved on to Bass Clef Holdings, LLC. Does that mean he's completely divorced from PEP, or did he move to a larger firm more equipped to handle PEP's trademark trolling workload?

Bass Clef Holdings is Harrington's own company... started in Texas at the end of september 2017.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:13 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
c. staley wrote:
djdon wrote:

Bass Clef Holdings is Harrington's own company... started in Texas at the end of september 2017.

how soon before we see BCH buying trademarks or assuming the SC & CB trademarks?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:13 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 242 times
One thing that seems apparent is that Chip reminds me of this little chihuahua my mom had. Once it latched on to your pant leg, it never let go. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just sayin' :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:34 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Bastiat wrote:
One thing that seems apparent is that Chip reminds me of this little chihuahua my mom had. Once it latched on to your pant leg, it never let go. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just sayin' :lol:

'ya know.... it works the other way too.... Once a friend, always a friend with the same fierce, chihuahua-like fervor....

But keep in mind that it was Toto that exposed the Wizard for who he really was...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:04 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 242 times
Like I said it's not necessarily a bad thing ... it wasn't a criticism. I can't help but wonder however what you're going to do with all this free time on your hands now that your main nemesis has rode off into the sunset or at least it appears that way. Oh well, I guess there are other pant legs to latch on to. Just give me the heads up if you choose to sink your canines into my trousers. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:21 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Bastiat wrote:
Like I said it's not necessarily a bad thing ... it wasn't a criticism. I can't help but wonder however what you're going to do with all this free time on your hands now that your main nemesis has rode off into the sunset or at least it appears that way. Oh well, I guess there are other pant legs to latch on to. Just give me the heads up if you choose to sink your canines into my trousers. :wink:

Your pantlegs have always been safe.

I never have free time.... it's just so easy to catch them it doesn't take long at all.

And I don't believe he's ridden off into the sunset at all. It's just another disguise, like wearing a very bad toupee.... and based on their past history, it couldn't look more fake if it had a chinstrap....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:16 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 45 times
Looks like Jim got off the Island and,
The S.S.Karaoke is still besieged by
Dastardly Pirates!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:49 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

8) It is now up to every captain to protect his own ship, which really for the most part it has always been practically speaking, "same as it ever was".

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:02 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
Warrenkel16 wrote:
Dastardly Pirates!

He was never interested in getting them off his ship. He was more interested in converting them into "paying" pirates..... kind of like converting illegal aliens into tax payers and voters.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:35 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 197 times
mrmarog wrote:
Warrenkel16 wrote:
Dastardly Pirates!

He was never interested in getting them off his ship. He was more interested in converting them into "paying" pirates..... kind of like converting illegal aliens into tax payers and voters.

HA! I like that analogy!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:47 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

8) Why buy the cow, when you can get the milk for free?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:17 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
8) Why buy the cow, when you can get the milk for free?

Old Bull and Young Bull, sitting on top of a hill looking down at herd of cows.

Young Bull says, let's run down there and screw one of those cows.

Old Bull says, lets walk down there and screw them all.. :mrgreen: