KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - What happened to PEP? Getting annoyed! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:09 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
cousinvinnie wrote:
I called Pep customer care and spoke with Bryan. Pep/SoundChoice is looking good in 2018 with new products available in Spring.

#GetExcited!

No offence, but they've been promising the same thing for the past 7 years with no results. So i will say what i unforunately always say now, i'll believe it when i see it.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:11 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
MrBoo wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:
Are future Zoom tracks or Music Mr. Entertainer tracks even available in North America? Probably not after the crap they just went through.

I believe in the Pep/SoundChoice company. "They sold their soul, so we can continue to Rock and Roll"

Sound Choice went through several similar battles as the recent litigation. I doubt it really changes much from a track availability standpoint. Probably the bigger question is will those over seas suppliers do what it takes to sell in the States? Sunfly is working toward it. Karaoke Version has never wavered. Zoom is still available through 3rd party purchases. All are provide much more to get excited about than more frail, empty comments in a phone call to PEP. None of the other options, by the way, ask me to sell my soul which I find refreshing.

I'll not rain on your enthusiasm further. But Peps practices and empty promises are worth mentioning on occasion just in case there are new readers.
Sound Choice never had hundreds of millions levied against them though. SBI alone had a judgement of almost $225 million alone. Zoom was close to 100 mil. According to Michael the collection laws over there once enforced are brutal if they aren't being paid up.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:22 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
jclaydon wrote:
cousinvinnie wrote:
I called Pep customer care and spoke with Bryan. Pep/SoundChoice is looking good in 2018 with new products available in Spring.

#GetExcited!

No offence, but they've been promising the same thing for the past 7 years with no results. So i will say what I unfortunately = always say now, I'll believe it when i see it.

@ jclaydon...
Actually, that's not quite true. Every time they (Sound Choice (relayed through James Harrington, ESQ)) made an announcement to look for new exciting changes and news from Sound Choice/PEP, it ended up being a new way for them (Sound Choice/PEP) to charge more money to KJs just for using their product that they purchased years ago.

YUP!!!! That was EXCITING NEWS for THEM (Sound Choice/PEP).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:45 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
All we are saying is do NOT get your hopes up!! They haven't come through on ANY news of new songs!!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:02 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
Quote:
New music (the "carrot") will be released to HELP and GEM Licensees and Certified hosts. Phoenix will also be able to redirect its energy and resources to ramp up its litigation efforts (the "stick") in more areas.

It's never been a "carrot and a stick." It's closer to "bait & entrapment."

After all these years of nothing more than one lie after another and failed "product/service", anyone who would actually send them money "in advance" would be a complete idiot in my book.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6