KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Slep-tone's TM Claims Die in 9th Circuit Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:56 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
I have always been critical of HOW SC/PEP has managed the lawsuits. But I don't take it to the point of branding them as the scourge of the industry as you and others have.

Of course you haven't... because you can't. You are contractually (several times) barred against doing so:
GEM license agreement wrote:
...you will not disparage, mutilate, or otherwise modify the Marks in any public place; that you will not use the Marks in any advertising except as part of song listings; that you will not undertake any action that brings the Marks or US into disrepute;...

You must say only nice things..... You are a "controlled licensee" and this is just part of that "control." (How does it feel?)

I haven't because I have no need to. I am not pissed off at them (you are). I am not upset with them (you are). I am using what I invested in (you can't).

It's obvious to everyone here but you that I am quite content with the business arrangements I have with SC/PEP. You are the angry one. Not me.

But you go right on with you "controlled licensee" attack. It's fascinating.

c. staley made up - 'You do "treat them like chattles.'

hehehe well if anyone knows a chattle chip, it would be you....

Attachment:
schlapoop.png
schlapoop.png [ 48.08 KiB | Viewed 33007 times ]

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:38 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) Is that what you got for Christmas in your sock from PEP Chris?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:45 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
chrisavis wrote:

Once again, Avis jumps in to Harrington's defense..... ("Good boy! have a cookie!") Except he failed to read the thread and/or actually understand what he is reading because he is having too much fun with his infantile "poop jokes."

I doubt that he even noticed that his buddy used the legal term "chattle" before I did, but he apparently doesn't bother to read any of that stuff because he's got one goal in life: Protect his licensor at any costs and kiss up at every turn.

Yeah, I "made up" chattle? Guess again genius....
Quote:
Definition of Chattel

1 : an item of tangible movable or immovable property except real estate and things (as buildings) connected with real property

2 : slave, bondman <slaveholders who were determined to hold on to their human chattel>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:25 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

c. staley wrote:
chrisavis wrote:

Once again, Avis jumps in to Harrington's defense..... ("Good boy! have a cookie!") Except he failed to read the thread and/or actually understand what he is reading because he is having too much fun with his infantile "poop jokes."

I doubt that he even noticed that his buddy used the legal term "chattle" before I did, but he apparently doesn't bother to read any of that stuff because he's got one goal in life: Protect his licensor at any costs and kiss up at every turn.

Yeah, I "made up" chattle? Guess again genius....
Quote:
Definition of Chattel

1 : an item of tangible movable or immovable property except real estate and things (as buildings) connected with real property

2 : slave, bondman <slaveholders who were determined to hold on to their human chattel>

There is legal concept called "trespass to chattels" that Microsoft and other tech companies have used to defend there intellectual property against botherders and other criminals. I had a discussion about this legal concept with the CISO of T-Mobile just this past week. That coincidence made me smile and thus, the combination of chattel, Chip, and the over-arching poop theme (something you are intimately familiar with).

Speaking of poop, I think you and this guy would be great friends....

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/videos/sasquatch-poop/

What you didn't grok was my reference to how you are making up how you think PEP supporters feel. Which one of us told you that we feel like chattel? I sure didn't. It's just another case of you imposing what you feel and how you think we should feel on people that disagree with you.

I know it angers you that people like me not only embraced SC/PEP, but have thrived. It's why you stomp your feet every time there is any news about PEP good or bad. It must pain you to no end to watch me doing what you used to be able to do, but now can't. You hide in the shadows, cowardly doing what ever you can to cover your (@$%&#!). I operate in full view without any fear of reprisal.

But please......continue with your temper tantrums. Seriously! DO NOT STOP! Your tirades have become something of a running joke to many people I know.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 259 times
My anger is not focused on Slep. My anger is focused on the never ending pay to play business model that has evolved that forces consumers into a lifetime of payments with zero equity accruing.
We are literally being forced to "rent" every facet of our lives while owning nothing.

We see massive amounts of money spent on advertising while development funds shrink to nothing.
Why should a company spend money enhancing their products when they don't have to come up with the next great thing to survive their next product release?
Instead we get advertising BS where we now get great new features every month instead of having to wait 2 years for the next version.(Oooh . . . changed a font and the color of a button) Meanwhile, we pay and pay and pay for smoke and mirrors.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:58 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
Why... oh why Chris Avis, do you think I care what you say, think or feel? You are really nothing more than pep's propaganda minister, I get it.

I can only make the observational guess that you're so obsessed with poop because you've been living up Harrington's rear end for so long it's all you have left.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:14 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

c. staley wrote:
Why... oh why Chris Avis, do you think I care what you say, think or feel? You are really nothing more than pep's propaganda minister, I get it.

I can only make the observational guess that you're so obsessed with poop because you've been living up Harrington's rear end for so long it's all you have left.

Because you respond to practically everything I post?

My poop warnings are to help other people avoid stepping in your word (@$%&#!).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:16 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

8) What are you saying Chip? Chris has become the new Insane KJ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:32 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:

As opposed to you just being the same old you? :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:24 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

chrisavis wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:

As opposed to you just being the same old you? :)

8) I don't have a problem with that, just seems you do.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:32 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:

he's got you there Chip

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:33 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:

nope, chris can think on his own and has pushed back against PEP and Jim on more than one thread and issue.
Insane is either Kurt or has been unable to remove his nose from Kurts rectum ever.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:13 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:

nope, chris can think on his own and has pushed back against PEP and Jim on more than one thread and issue.
Insane is either Kurt or has been unable to remove his nose from Kurts rectum ever.

8) Oh you think insane looks like Kurt in makeup also?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 224 times
Have you tried to buy an Adobe product lately? No, it's because you can't. I had to scrounge and find an earlier version of Adobe in design because c all their products are now in the cloud. You pay a monthly fee and you have access to all the updates and improvements and they have brought piracy to a screeching halt.

Owning any software is about to be in your rear view mirror it seems.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 92 times
djdon wrote:
JimHarrington wrote:
RaokeBoy wrote:
JimHarrington wrote:
Gosh, it's a good thing we have those service mark registrations. Those weren't at issue in this case, and we've already moved forward with asserting those.

So James, precisely how are you distinguishing the "service mark" theory from the trademark theory that pushed PEP off the building in the 9th Circuit? Do you really think that it will be applied differently? Maybe some will seek reimbursement of attorneys' fees for this distinction without a difference?

If you don't understand the difference between karaoke media and karaoke entertainment services, I'm not sure that any amount of explaining will result in your enlightenment.

Who, in their right mind, would knowingly misrepresent themselves by calling themselves "Sound Choice Entertainment" or whatever your service mark is? Simply displaying the logo, again, will not cause any confusion to someone who views the trademark, especially if they (the host) already have their own, established service mark.

A cwrtain KJ I know who registered the words Sound Choice as a component of his business name in a certain state before Sound Choice did and has already won a lawsuit upholding his right to do so ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:31 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:
Why... oh why Chris Avis, do you think I care what you say, think or feel? .

he's got you there Chip

Hey Chris... That works both ways! For that matter, every so often, you seem to have the uncontrolled urge to bring up Chip in your posts (and that is when he hasn't posted in a while).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:12 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

cueball wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:
Why... oh why Chris Avis, do you think I care what you say, think or feel? .

he's got you there Chip

Hey Chris... That works both ways! For that matter, every so often, you seem to have the uncontrolled urge to bring up Chip in your posts (and that is when he hasn't posted in a while).

Don't mistake my trolling for me caring :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:37 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 99 times
rickgood wrote:
Have you tried to buy an Adobe product lately? No, it's because you can't. I had to scrounge and find an earlier version of Adobe in design because c all their products are now in the cloud. You pay a monthly fee and you have access to all the updates and improvements and they have brought piracy to a screeching halt.

Owning any software is about to be in your rear view mirror it seems.

This seems to be the trend for software that has a massive user base, but for smaller stuff like the software we use for DJ and Karaoke, I don't think you'll see that shift for some time.

Also, cloud based stuff does make sense for some things. I've bought a lot of movies on iTunes and I'm actually glad it's not represented by hundreds of physical DVDs on a shelf and how I could be anywhere and watch any one of them on my phone or tablet. The one thing that hasn't happened yet, and it eventually will, is a literal shutdown of the internet. One good magnetic pulse from the sun and the internet could be down for days. It hasn't happened yet, but when it does, people are going to get a real quick lesson on where their data actually is. It's one of the reasons I'd never subscribe to any cloud based service for my karaoke music. If the internet goes down and I don't have access to my iTunes movie collection, that's just an inconvenience, but if I relied on the internet for my karaoke gigs, that would hurt me financially if it went down.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:40 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 99 times
chrisavis wrote:

I'll believe that when you change your company name to "Feel Numb" productions :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:34 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
chrisavis wrote:

Isn't "Trolling" against the rules of this forum?????????????????

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next