KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Buykaraokedownloads............. Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 92 times
I don't view any of my singers as rednecks OR the n word, but it's certainly none of my concern what anyone else chooses to list in their books.

I happen to think there are a lot of great David Allan Coe songs that don't include the n word.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:15 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
I have over 60K songs (24K unique) listed in my books, and they are all from cd's. There is no rap, no profanity, none over 5 minutes in length. If you can't find something to sing without requesting something not in my books.... too bad!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:29 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

mrmarog wrote:
I have over 60K songs (24K unique) listed in my books, and they are all from cd's. There is no rap, no profanity, none over 5 minutes in length. If you can't find something to sing without requesting something not in my books.... too bad!

Wow! Fantastic collection!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:06 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

BigJer wrote:
mrmarog wrote:

Wow! Fantastic collection!

I know their are plenty of members that have very large collections, but I am still very proud of mine, and I have no problem showing it. These are only the ChartBusters. I was preparing for something and decided against it :wink: I have added even more since this picture was taken.

I still continue to look for CDG's but large collections are getting harder to acquire. Chris seems to find them, but I bet he is having trouble now as well. Since downloads are the way to go for new music, most hosts are focusing on that source. I am located in the heart of "Boomer Country" and oldies will rule for a very long time.

Attachments:
CHARTBUSTER CDS.jpg
CHARTBUSTER CDS.jpg [ 1.82 MiB | Viewed 35960 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:55 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
mrmarog wrote:
I still continue to look for CDG's but large collections are getting harder to acquire. Chris seems to find them, but I bet he is having trouble now as well.

I don't search for them very often any longer. I get contacted now and then because of the wide net I cast when I started ramping up, but I have so much that I still have not fully inventoried, it doesn't make sense to keep piling on.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:09 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
mrmarog wrote:
I know their are plenty of members that have very large collections, but I am still very proud of mine,

it's not the size that counts, a smaller collection can be just as pleasing as a larger one if used correctly :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:16 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
mrmarog wrote:
I know their are plenty of members that have very large collections, but I am still very proud of mine,

it's not the size that counts, a smaller collection can be just as pleasing as a larger one if used correctly :shock: :lol:

I don't get it :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:29 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
mrmarog wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
mrmarog wrote:

I don't get it :lol: :lol: :lol:

I get that a lot.. :shock: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:22 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
mrmarog wrote:

Key words: :lol: "if used correctly".

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:58 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
mrmarog wrote:

No rap?? I couldn't do that. I have quite a few rappers at my shows. None of my places are upscale, and do not have language restrictions. I DO restrict people when I do the Veterans' clubs. My rule is that if it has a lot of swearing, it is a "last hour" song. By then, anyone who may get offended has left. As for songs over five minutes, I am fine with them, if it is a slow night. When it is busy, I will discourage the few that sing the longer stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I had a really slow night Tuesday.

Two different singers wanted to sing the Luther Vandross version of "Superstar".

The first one had left the building when the second request came in, so yeah go ahead.

A KJ can talk to a lot of people and give a lot of hugs and handshakes in the course of an 8 minute song.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
I'd rather hear someone do a rap song well than hear someone completely butcher another type of song. I've heard tone deaf people yell out a 3 minute long song that was like being tortured much worse than listening to someone sing some rap or Hip Hop song that I personally don't enjoy but I can appreciate their ability to do it well. Now, if they're both tone deaf opr have no rhythm, I'd rather hear another guy butcher My Way than Rappers Delight.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:01 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
When I was hosting, I played whatever song people wanted to sing that I had. Even what I like to call C-RAP.

I figured it wasn't my job to force my preferences on other people. After all, some people used to complain about all the oldies/60's music I sang at a different show we both frequented.

As for my area, very few people manage to do rap well, so that really wouldn't factor into it for me

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:49 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
Karaoke Croaker wrote:
I'd rather hear someone do a rap song well than hear someone completely butcher another type of song. I've heard tone deaf people yell out a 3 minute long song that was like being tortured much worse than listening to someone sing some rap or Hip Hop song that I personally don't enjoy but I can appreciate their ability to do it well. Now, if they're both tone deaf opr have no rhythm, I'd rather hear another guy butcher My Way than Rappers Delight.

Why do you work in this industry?? Torture?? That is some way to speak of your patrons. Granted, there are some bad singers out there, but if you feel you are being tortured, then you need to switch jobs. So, we know that you punish those who come late, to your shows, and the rest torture you with their terrible vocals. Yeah!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:55 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I work in this industry, part time, because I get paid very well to do so. Listening to someone butcher a song is not enjoyable to me but getting paid at the end of the night makes it all worth while. As far as my rotation policy is concerned; That thread has already been deleted because people like yourself can't handle someone else having a different way of running a show without crying to the moderators to have the thread removed. Then you use a thread like this one to throw out one last cheap shot at the way I run a rotation. Very few people like every aspect of their job. I really enjoy music and most of the singers at my shows are pleasant to listen to. I have a few singers that are just terrible too. It's 4 minutes of hell every time they come up on stage but the cash at the end of the night more than compensates me for the inconvenience of having to listen to them a few times per night. It's obvious that the moderators don't want my rotation policy being discussed any longer on this forum so maybe you should delete your reference to it before this thread winds up getting deleted as well? You do your show your way and I'll do my shows my way and let's leave it at that. okay?

Why do Coal Miners work in their industry???? Do you think they enjoy the risk of maybe getting Black Lung sometime in their future or do you think they do it for the money in their paycheck at the end of the week that makes paying their bills a little bit easier??

I think this thread was supposed to be about BuyKaraokeDownloads and not about my rotation. If I defend my policy here too; it will just get deleted so why bother?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:07 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 32 times
Can someone please tell me if buykaraokedownloads is a legal site to buy karaoke and play in venues. Thanks I have never bought from them

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:00 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

audioprola wrote:
Can someone please tell me if buykaraokedownloads is a legal site to buy karaoke and play in venues. Thanks I have never bought from them

At your discretion, according to their website: BuyKaraokeDownloads’ TOS: “We only sell music that has been legally licensed for sale to the general public for personal use”.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:27 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I use BKD tracks in my shows all of the time. I will continue to do so until I receive a Cease and Desist order from a judge. There are plenty of Karaoke brands out there that were never properly licensed in the first place but KJs have many of them in their libraries and nobody is getting sued for using them in a show. Legal schmeegal. Use whatever brand you like and wait until someone tells you that you can't. BKD tracks are just as legal to use as Backstage or All Hits or Music Maestro or dozens of other brands.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:00 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Brian A wrote:
At your discretion, according to their website: BuyKaraokeDownloads’ TOS: “We only sell music that has been legally licensed for sale to the general public for personal use”.

Discretion: the right to decide according to one’s own judgment (but being discreet). :wink:

I use bkd as well. Quite a few times a requested song is not available anywhere but bkd. yup, purchased that on the fly.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:15 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Brian A wrote:
Brian A wrote:

Discretion: the right to decide according to one’s own judgment (but being discreet). :wink:

I use bkd as well. Quite a few times a requested song is not available anywhere but bkd. yup, purchased that on the fly.

I do not purchase on the fly because I never connect to the internet with my show computer, but I do purchase BKD downloads without fear of reprisal.