KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Piracy Bankrupts Record Label. (NOT) Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:24 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Interesting take on the "Claims Of Financial Loss" by
"The Recording Industry".

Loss to industry by making a copy appears to be fallacious and wildly exaggerated.

https://torrentfreak.com/pirate-bay-fou ... ne-151219/
:mrgreen:

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:56 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 224 times
It's an interesting theory, that there are no damages because most likely, many of the people with pirated copies of whatever media would not have actually purchased the product in the first place, therefore, no monetary loss occurred.

Wonder how many copies of pirated karaoke tracks are never played at all by anyone. I know I have hundreds of songs that I have purchased on a CD or through my prime cuts subscription that I would have never specifically bought nor have I ever played them and probably never will. Does that make them have zero value? I could delete them all and be fine.

So if someone had pirated that content, how could value be assigned? Interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:02 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
There is also a faction of people that adhere to the concept that digital goods should be treated like physical goods. If only 10 digital copies were ever produced, then that is all that should ever exist. The only way to obtain additional copies would be from the source. If people duplicate it, they dilute the market and reduce demand for the originals.

People who rip the original, store the original, use the copy in production and then lose (or otherwise no longer possess) the original should be obligated to delete the copy.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:07 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

The primary reason the CD/DVD is vanishing is the advent of digital downloads,

A side benefit to the producers, is the zero manufacturing costs.

Once produced, you always have stock. No warehouse inventory, no warehouse workers, no shipping costs, nobody to verify how many copies were sold, The perfect solution?

:withstupid:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:46 am 
Peter Sunde and the article both miss a crucial point. It is not the act of making of copies that are causing the supposed financial losses for the recording (music, movies, karaoke, etc.) industries. It is the distribution of the copies (usually via file sharing or illegally selling them) that are causing the claimed losses.

In the heyday of the file sharing lawsuits (Napster getting the most attention), the music and movie industries were not suing people for making copies. They were suing people for sharing (distributing) copies. Most of the recording industries are not opposed to people making digital copies for their own personal use. In some cases, they are even now providing digital copies for purchased items.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:54 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

MixteryMike wrote:
Peter Sunde and the article both miss a crucial point. It is not the act of making of copies that are causing the supposed financial losses for the recording (music, movies, karaoke, etc.) industries. It is the distribution of the copies (usually via file sharing or illegally selling them) that are causing the claimed losses.

In the heyday of the file sharing lawsuits (Napster getting the most attention), the music and movie industries were not suing people for making copies. They were suing people for sharing (distributing) copies. Most of the recording industries are not opposed to people making digital copies for their own personal use. In some cases, they are even now providing digital copies for purchased items.

Agree on this point.. However, when the penalties ($) for this "Distribution" finds its way to the actual artist that created the work, I'll start to believe the system works.
Too often, "Rights" were purchased, then posted for download by the new owner, and then lawsuits are created for the downloader.
Clearly a ponzi scheme designed to excise the wallet.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:16 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
jdmeister wrote:

Once produced, you always have stock. No warehouse inventory, no warehouse workers, no shipping costs, nobody to verify how many copies were sold, The perfect solution?

I'll take the DVD any day. Do you really think streaming a movie is going to look and sound as good as the same movie on blu-ray in UHD and Dolby Atmos sound? I know the masses won't care but some of us with home theater systems, who want the best quality, will.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:55 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Alan B wrote:
jdmeister wrote:

I'll take the DVD any day. Do you really think streaming a movie is going to look and sound as good as the same movie on blu-ray in UHD and Dolby Atmos sound? I know the masses won't care but some of us with home theater systems, who want the best quality, will.

Not sure where you are located, but I stream HD quality video every day.

With a good ISP, the video is flawless, and that includes DirecTV streaming using my internet. DVD is so near dead, Blue ray (BD) still holds it own, but the economics of shipping product and renting warehouse space indicate they too (BD) are not long for the market.

You should buy some stock in buggy whip manufacturing..