KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Getting frustrated and changing my mind (21000 unique songs) Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:30 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
Toastedmuffin wrote:
This is all fun, and I have a big tub of popcorn, but regardless of the epic battle between Harrington & Staley, I have something for Jim Harrington...

I am curious to why when someone shows one of your lawyers a few hundred Sound Choice CDs, and also state that that is maybe 1/3 of their collection, they would respond with something akin to they might have thousands more SC tracks on top of those that are illegal? I thought you tried to help people who have doing "the right thing".

I know you don't believe them because hey.. they media shifted, they are 1000% in the wrong. Awesome!

I'm sure you'll come up with other things to say as well, because your crack research team was so good they some items wrong in the papers... impressive!

But as I don't want to talk about details of the case, but me tell you what you have done to the PERSON:

1) They are lifeless shell of the person they were, seeing them host the show was like watching a ghost.
2) The partner told me that they have a group of friends looking after them because they are too afraid to leave them alone. Its not officially called a suicide watch, because no one wants to think that.
3) They aren't eating, or sleeping. The partner is trying to get them to go get medication to stabilize them to the point where they can function normally.
4) The partner also said that they are concerned about spoilage, because the "guilty" might have messed up the drive during a nervous breakdown. The partner now takes the computer away unless they are working. The partner now thinks that they will lose any case they had.

What did they have to hide? Nothing. I will swear on my own children this person was 100% legal, I went shopping with them at the stores. Why would they want to steal from you? They had plenty of non SC product that worked just fine. They didn't NEED your version if they couldn't get it legally.

Good job wrecking a person who was ON YOUR SIDE! Who was right along side you in terms of being faithful to your company and others, buying YOUR product, supporting YOUR company.

Sadly, as if that isn't enough: The "guilty" believes it is THEIR OWN fault! That they (like me before all this) sided WITH YOU in your efforts to catch people who DESERVED IT. And had they of KNOWN you existed (like so many people who don't read chat boards do), they would have GLADLY paid for an audit! Wow, they are definitely making it easier for YOU to nail them to the wall.

So my Sound Choice CDs are officially out of my collection as of today, as I now have a personal interest in how the case proceeds, and seeing how bad you screw them over when you most likely win for some reason or another.

For the record, they own CB product too, I told the partner about your new "acquisition" of CB trademarks and they let out a slight groan. I told them I will make sure they will know when the legal crap comes down, and even offered to pay for it when it does.

So smile and celebrate! You did some fine work here, ruining a fan of yours and a supporter of you. If anything happens to them, don't worry, I'll send you a copy so maybe you can pin it on the wall or something.

I have no idea whom you might be talking about. Feel free to post it here or send me the name by private message or email.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:47 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 427 times
Congrats! You three have successfully overrun yet another thread that had absolutely nothing to do with litigation. And in usual form, the thread isn't even in the litigation area!

Your parents should be very proud.

I know... I know.. He started it... I have to comment to set the record straight.. Blah blah blah. I don't mind reading some of this. It can be quite entertaining. But not in a thread where someone is contemplating a move in the streaming technology which, by the way, is much more informative than anything else i this thread.

I'm going to let you three in on a little secret. It's quite insulting to the intelligent when half to three quarters of every post smells like rose flavored bull$hit so I tend to believe NONE of it. Why the hell are you trying to win a battle of the court of public opinion on this small board that has under 20 full time contributors? And one of you is suppose to be a lawyer!

Good God; take it to the litigation area!

rant over..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:38 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 124 times
At MrBoo: I am truly sorry to post it anyplace, but I'm so angry/nauseous about it, I had to get it out of my system. This is, by far, one of the nicest people I know, and if you knew them , you would definitely agree with me. And I will be the first to admit it came off more then a little troll like. For that, I apologize to everyone on the board.

At Jim Harrington: No you don't know, because I left out as much detail as I possibly could to protect the person, so anything I post doesn't sink them more.

If your are concerned, please PM me your contact information, I will pass it on to the spouse. I will say it most likely will get passed on to the lawyer. Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:42 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 427 times
Toastedmuffin wrote:
At MrBoo: I am truly sorry to post it anyplace, but I'm so angry/nauseous about it, I had to get it out of my system. This is, by far, one of the nicest people I know, and if you knew them , you would definitely agree with me. And I will be the first to admit it came off more then a little troll like. For that, I apologize to everyone on the board.

At Jim Harrington: No you don't know, because I left out as much detail as I possibly could to protect the person, so anything I post doesn't sink them more.

If your are concerned, please PM me your contact information, I will pass it on to the spouse. I will say it most likely will get passed on to the lawyer. Thank you.

You aren't one of the three I am talking about. I am far from being the post police, and topics can get redirected sometimes. I get it. It's just that almost every thread turns into a litigation war zone.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:02 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
JimHarrington wrote:
That's not tough at all.

The credibility of a witness is always relevant to a case.

I didn't write the subpoena, so I can't speak directly to the motivations of the attorneys handling the case at that point, but one purpose of discovery is to uncover the biases of witnesses who appear to be independent third parties, when they are in fact not. The requested materials, coupled with your public statements about the company and the people who run it, your self-imposed inability to use content from discs that you own, and your acts undertaken with respect to the SC materials during the period between 2008 and 2013, all go to your own bias, and in the context of a trial, they would certainly be relevant.
Malarkey! What was submitted to the court in the form of an exhibit had nothing to do with biases, and you certainly could not impeach a screenshot off of your own forum. Whether they could actually impeach anything or not, the fact of the matter is, your attorneys never – at any time – challenged the truthfulness or accuracy of the information that was submitted to the court. It wouldn't matter to the court whether I like you or don't like you – it's all about "the evidence" remember?

JimHarrington wrote:
Moreover, your role in consulting with the EMI attorney prior to the beginning of the suit--or in fomenting him to continue a baseless suit, since you claim not to have contacted him before the suit was filed--is important information in determining whether the attorney carried out his Rule 11 duties before bringing the suit.
Once again, it doesn't matter how many times you repeat it – the fact is – you're simply making up stories. I understand how angry you are having to play the nutshell game with assets, as well as a settlement being paid but seriously, this is not my problem and you can't simply make up stories and state them as "facts."

Oh, and this is the result of continuing to "poison the well" of fine customers you used to have:
Toastedmuffin wrote:
So my Sound Choice CDs are officially out of my collection as of today, as I now have a personal interest in how the case proceeds, and seeing how bad you screw them over when you most likely win for some reason or another.

For the record, they own CB product too, I told the partner about your new "acquisition" of CB trademarks and they let out a slight groan. I told them I will make sure they will know when the legal crap comes down, and even offered to pay for it when it does.

So smile and celebrate! You did some fine work here, ruining a fan of yours and a supporter of you. If anything happens to them, don't worry, I'll send you a copy so maybe you can pin it on the wall or something.

Perhaps you'll have more luck with all the public domain children's songs under the Chartbuster label which is your new focus. You can use what you've already collected from customers for SC songs to stamp that trademark on everything in sight.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:07 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
MrBoo wrote:
You aren't one of the three I am talking about. I am far from being the post police, and topics can get redirected sometimes. I get it. It's just that almost every thread turns into a litigation war zone.
Yep. I'm getting a little tired of it myself.

MrBoo wrote:
And in usual form, the thread isn't even in the litigation area!
Actually, it is.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:56 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
MrBoo wrote:
I thought this IS the Legalities section.
c. staley wrote:
Actually, it is.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:05 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
cueball wrote:
MrBoo wrote:
c. staley wrote:
Actually, it is.

Was just put here today.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:13 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
Smoothedge69 wrote:
cueball wrote:
MrBoo wrote:
c. staley wrote:
Actually, it is.

Was just put here today.

Ahhhhhh.... I didn't notice that it was moved.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:48 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Yeah, i agree. Too much overkill. I enjoy reading many threads but it's bed time for this one.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6