KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Getting frustrated and changing my mind (21000 unique songs) Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:00 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Maybe I should be posting this in Legal section but, I feel others should also know what i'm going through.

1) I like the fact that KaraokeCloudPro is offering 9000+ songs to use in clubs or as a mobile DJ for a nice affordable subscription $99.00/Month
2) many doubles (Different Versions) brings down to approx 5000 unique songs.

But...

I just spent the last 2 hours testing and researching KARAFUN Offerings.

1) Multi platform software and apps, install and run perfect on windows/mac/android/ipad/iphone.
2) 21000 Excellent quality songs also available offline (No Doubles) thats 4 times the amount for just 129.00/month Pro Subscription.

The choices ?

any thoughts?

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:45 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Here are my thoughts: I would never "rent" my music. At $99 per month after 3 years, you don't own anything and have nothing to show for that money. You just wasted around $3600.

For the same money or even less, you can still find on eBay:

Chartbusters Essentials 1 through 10
Sound Choice Fountation 1 & 2
And throw in a set of DK

And there are your 9000 songs. The same stuff that your renting except now you own them and a whole lot more.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:16 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
one of my issues with subscription services is that songs disappear. it happened with Karaoke Cloud and suddenly you no longer have a song you had last week.
with so many buy it own it choices, i don't feel subscription services are good for pro shows with the uncertainty.
what Alan suggested is a good way, SBI has starter packs with great song selections, Zoom 100 mp3+g discs are a great deal at abourt $0.25 per track, so there are more stable and secure ways to get going.
don't you already have a library?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:11 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 31 times
When I started I didn’t have a lot of songs so I went with CompuHost and KJmedia Pro. Same songs as the Karaoke Cloud but you buy them as you use them. I also set up an account with Tricerasoft and karaoke version and download songs on the fly. $200 dollars in credits and you're go-to-go for a while and singers love that you found their song. With the money you save plan on buying a GEM set, Black Friday is coming.

CompuHost | KJ Media Pro | Karaoke Kiosk | Bose L1 Model II system | B2 bass | ToneMatch audio engine | Shure VHF SM58 wireless mics | Countryman E6 Earset with Shure UHF wireless beltpack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:02 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
one of my issues with subscription services is that songs disappear. it happened with Karaoke Cloud and suddenly you no longer have a song you had last week.
with so many buy it own it choices, i don't feel subscription services are good for pro shows with the uncertainty.
what Alan suggested is a good way, SBI has starter packs with great song selections, Zoom 100 mp3+g discs are a great deal at abourt $0.25 per track, so there are more stable and secure ways to get going.
don't you already have a library?

If you read the terms and services for Zoom hits, they state those are only offered for use in their territory. I also see a relationship going on between Zoom, Sunfly, Mr. Entertainer as being all of the same entity. The music is all similar other than their own branding.

I see your views about wasting money on rentals but I also see it as like "Leasing my brand new 2015 Honda Civic" I will never own it, But I also don't have to deal with the headaches for only $8.00 per day.

shelling out another $5/day for karaoke may not break the bank but at least I can approach new clubs in confidence. Just my view though... wink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:06 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
Zoom is not part of Sunfly. SBI, Sunfly, Abraxa, Mr. Entertainment are one. Zoom is it's own entity.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:08 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

frede wrote:
When I started I didn’t have a lot of songs so I went with CompuHost and KJmedia Pro. Same songs as the Karaoke Cloud but you buy them as you use them. I also set up an account with Tricerasoft and karaoke version and download songs on the fly. $200 dollars in credits and you're go-to-go for a while and singers love that you found their song. With the money you save plan on buying a GEM set, Black Friday is coming.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but have you noticed:
1) karaoke-version is only licensed for personal use only
2) KJ Media Pro you're right same stuff as digitrax so your limited to only B-side music
I want to request "Big & Rich - Save a horse ride a Cowboy, but sadly not available under digitrax
3) Tricerasoft, I purchase gift packs from them to bring songs down to $1.45/song but have you seen the broad list of their offerings consist of SF, Zoom, Mr. Entertainer. gonna be very limited soon i think.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:10 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
frede wrote:

2) KJ Media Pro you're right same stuff as digitrax so your limited to only B-side music
I want to request "Big & Rich - Save a horse ride a Cowboy, but sadly not available under digitrax
3) Tricerasoft, I purchase gift packs from them to bring songs down to $1.45/song but have you seen the broad list of their offerings consist of SF, Zoom, Mr. Entertainer. gonna be very limited soon i think.

But, then we will have Party Tyme hitting the scene, new, expanded, remastered, and downloadable for professional use.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:10 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Smoothedge69 wrote:
Zoom is not part of Sunfly. SBI, Sunfly, Abraxa, Mr. Entertainment are one. Zoom is it's own entity.

maybe so but have you noticed they licensed under same company rules, I havn't read the terms of the others but do believe they gonna be the same because of the same company licensees.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:13 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Smoothedge69 wrote:
frede wrote:

But, then we will have Party Tyme hitting the scene, new, expanded, remastered, and downloadable for professional use.

I love those hits, I had many disks but unfortunately sold them off in this forum.

This is news to me because I sent email to them not too long ago and asked to purchase their entire library for my mobile DJ/KJ company and they had no offerings. I will have to check on this. Thank you for the mention.

Update: From my understanding Party tyme hits are available as downloads through iTunes. but now here's the catcher. itunes is again Personal use and not for commercial

I'm still looking further on this. because they are very good quality songs.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:17 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Smoothedge69 wrote:
frede wrote:

I love those hits, I had many disks but unfortunately sold them off in this forum.

This is news to me because I sent email to them not too long ago and asked to purchase their entire library for my mobile DJ/KJ company and they had no offerings. I will have to check on this. Thank you for the mention.

As for Zoom, and the rest, nobody is going to police their use here. You are paying for them, use them as you see fit. Nobody is going to police KV, either.

In the New Release area of the forum, you will see KSF. They have taken over Party Tyme, and are producing music under the Party Tyme name. They have also remastered all the old Pocket Songs catalog, and will be selling downloads, legal for professional use at Karaoke.net.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:23 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Smoothedge69 wrote:
Smoothedge69 wrote:
frede wrote:

As for Zoom, and the rest, nobody is going to police their use here. You are paying for them, use them as you see fit. Nobody is going to police KV, either.

In the New Release area of the forum, you will see KSF. They have taken over Party Tyme, and are producing music under the Party Tyme name. They have also remastered all the old Pocket Songs catalog, and will be selling downloads, legal for professional use at Karaoke.net.

This is good news to hear, I've left the Party Tyme website, Great prices but only offering CD+G disks. Checking KSF now...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:24 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 124 times
Please show me where on Karaoke-Version is says for private use only?

I got this from the site in dealing with public performances:

Karaoke-Version FAQ Page wrote:
Use for public events

We are happy to allow the use of our soundtracks for public audiences and other performances.

However, we'd like to remind you that in order to be legally compliant, you must receive an official agreement from your national music rights management office (PRS For Music in the UK for example).

In the case of a non-commercial private event, use of soundtracks is, of course, allowed and unrestricted.

Other uses (Recording/Streaming/Broadcasting...)

Recording rights of our soundtracks are not included in the price.

It is mandatory to file for a written authorization prior to the recording of any of our soundtracks.

Use of any one of our available tracks, without prior agreement, is a violation of a French Law dated July 3, 1985 and International Conventions.

Be aware that Moral Copyright allows songwriters and composers to forbid any re-use of their work deemed not to respect the original design.

If you're in this situation, please get in touch with Tency Music to require a licence for the songs you plan to use.

Just asking because that is all i can find on the site.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:26 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Toastedmuffin wrote:

Use for public events

We are happy to allow the use of our soundtracks for public audiences and other performances.

However, we'd like to remind you that in order to be legally compliant, you must receive an official agreement from your national music rights management office (PRS For Music in the UK for example).

In the case of a non-commercial private event, use of soundtracks is, of course, allowed and unrestricted.

It is mandatory to file for a written authorization prior to the recording of any of our soundtracks.

Use of any one of our available tracks, without prior agreement, is a violation of a French Law dated July 3, 1985 and International Conventions.

Be aware that Moral Copyright allows songwriters and composers to forbid any re-use of their work deemed not to respect the original design.

If you're in this situation, please get in touch with Tency Music to require a licence for the songs you plan to use.

Karaoke Version, supplied through the old Karafun was only for home use.

Karaoke.net won't be "open" til November 15.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:33 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Smoothedge69 wrote:
Toastedmuffin wrote:

Use for public events

Here we go again, Bearer of bad news. Are ya' ready for this

Domain name KARAOKE.NET purchased through GoDaddy.com for a whopping 1 year.
here are the details as taken from Godaddy Domain whois.

Quote:
Domain Name: KARAOKE.NET
Registry Domain ID: 2968735_DOMAIN_NET-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2015-01-18T20:06:20Z
Creation Date: 1999-01-08T05:00:00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-01-08T05:00:00Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@godaddy.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4806242505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Juha Ruuska
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: Kiiskinkatu 8
Registrant City: Helsinki
Registrant State/Province: Uusimaa
Registrant Postal Code: 08150
Registrant Country: Finland
Registrant Phone: +358.504095424
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: juha@ruuska.eu
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Juha Ruuska
Admin Organization:
Admin Street: Kiiskinkatu 8
Admin City: Helsinki
Admin State/Province: Uusimaa
Admin Postal Code: 08150
Admin Country: Finland
Admin Phone: +358.504095424
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: juha@ruuska.eu
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Juha Ruuska
Tech Organization:
Tech Street: Kiiskinkatu 8
Tech City: Helsinki
Tech State/Province: Uusimaa
Tech Postal Code: 08150
Tech Country: Finland
Tech Phone: +358.504095424
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: juha@ruuska.eu
Name Server: PDNS05.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: PDNS06.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2015-11-03T13:00:00Z <<<

I can buy a 1 year domain name for just 99 cents.
If these guys are confident about their new up and coming business, they would have purchased 5-10 years of this domain name and made their ALEXA ranking much more useful, I think this one year domain is just to gather email address for future spamming unless they can come on here and prove otherwise.

sorry for the long extended post.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:39 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Smoothedge69 wrote:
Toastedmuffin wrote:

Use for public events

KARAOKE-VERSION.COM

Quote:
Copyrights, Trademarks and Other Proprietary Rights

The use of this Website does not grant you any other rights than those envisaged by the present ones.

All contents of the Website are subject to the appropriate copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws. You may use the content only for your personal use. You must keep intact all copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices or marks. You may not copy or reproduce any content obtained from this Website or copy or reproduce any instrumental tracks purchased from the Website except for your own personal use. YOU AGREE NOT TO ALTER, MODIFY, PUBLISH, DISTRIBUTE, SELL, BROADCAST, TRANSMIT, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS FROM, OR EDIT ANY CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE OR INSTRUMENTAL TRACKS PURCHASED FROM www.karaoke-version.com WITHOUT THE EXPRESSED WRITTEN PERMISSION OF RECISIO AND/OR ANY APPROPRIATE THIRD PARTIES. Any copyright infringement will result in a termination of services and possible legal action.

as taken from Source: http://www.karaoke-version.com/terms.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:40 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

http://www.karaoke.net/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:45 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

When someone in authority tells me to stop using these songs, I will. Until then, I will use them at my shows.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:46 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Smoothedge69 wrote:

What about karaoke.net, same thing, I posted domain info on them, sorry, i'm passing on this new soon to be service.

I myself build websites more than 25 years ago. I know many "Tricks of the Trade" in the field.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:49 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Smoothedge69 wrote:

What about karaoke.net, same thing, I posted domain info on them, sorry, i'm passing on this new soon to be service.

I myself build websites more than 25 years ago. I know many "Tricks of the Trade" in the field.

Where are you located. No matter how I type it, I get their website, on the subscribe screen. Maybe you typed something wrong.