KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - .Dat encryption (Offline Karaoke) buy what you need offline Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:42 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Quote:
Now if they wish to escape suits they have to drop SC and CB, then purchase a new laptop to reflect that they never had anything pirated (due to the 'Forensic' drive placed on the current laptop, probably issued by the FBI) or pay for the GEM series and whatever other series comes out for CB and wipe their drives clean of the pirated material. Sounds expensive to me. HAHA!

Why aren't the labels jumping on the new format technology? they know its there but fail to implement it.

Example 1) KaraokeCloudPro downloads all the songs to your PC in .dat encrypted and works only with the software it downloads to, and also works in an offline environment.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:50 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Quote:
Now if they wish to escape suits they have to drop SC and CB, then purchase a new laptop to reflect that they never had anything pirated (due to the 'Forensic' drive placed on the current laptop, probably issued by the FBI) or pay for the GEM series and whatever other series comes out for CB and wipe their drives clean of the pirated material. Sounds expensive to me. HAHA!

Why aren't the labels jumping on the new format technology? they know its there but fail to implement it.

Example 1) KaraokeCloudPro downloads all the songs to your PC in .dat encrypted and works only with the software it downloads to, and also works in an offline environment.

Because that locks a host into using a particular piece of hosting software.

This is the long running battle that exists between protecting digital works using DRM and consumers wanting portability between devices/players.

I will not by DRM karaoke music ever unless the DRM method can be integrated into ALL of the major karaoke hosting software.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:45 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
Quote:

That's what CompuHost offers. It will download tracks from Karaoke Cloud that you unlock with credits that you purchase from CompuHost. You only need an internet connection when your downloading/storing tracks to your PC. It works great. Once you unlock a song, a serial number is put on the opening screen like "KJ Media Pro: 123456". Hopefully this proves that we unlocked, paid for, and own the selected track. Here's the info from their website, click on the picture below:

Attachments:
kjmp.jpg
kjmp.jpg [ 482.06 KiB | Viewed 30570 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:01 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Attachment:
kjmp2.jpg
kjmp2.jpg [ 400.12 KiB | Viewed 30570 times ]

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:07 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

chrisavis wrote:

I will not by DRM karaoke music ever unless the DRM method can be integrated into ALL of the major karaoke hosting software.

Well, that's your loss because KJMP integrates and works beautifully with CompuHost and is the best option for downloading new songs as needed without an internet connection. Maybe this is the route SC should be talking.

Mr. Harrington; have you guys ever thought of jumping on the bandwagon with CompuHost like DigiTrax has?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:29 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
Alan B wrote:
chrisavis wrote:

Well, that's your loss because KJMP integrates and works beautifully with CompuHost and is the best option for downloading new songs as needed without an internet connection. Maybe this is the route SC should be talking.

Mr. Harrington; have you guys ever thought of jumping on the bandwagon with CompuHost like DigiTrax has?

and i can buy the same songs from karaokecloud on the fly....and Tricerasoft....and Karaoke Version...and soon karaoke.net...
not my preferred hosting software, nor is it Chris' so it is useless to us. a service that requires one platform is why KC pro hasn't taken off either. your book is based on the KJMP drive, when you connect to the internet to update, you also lose songs. do you go through and remove them from your book? not sure how that works, or does it automatically remove the songs from your book?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:02 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
Does that include songs you have already paid for?? I could see that REALLY burning me up!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:04 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Smoothedge69 wrote:
Does that include songs you have already paid for?? I could see that REALLY burning me up!!

NO, it does not include songs that you have unlocked. Once you do that, they're yours. Secondly, my songbook is made up of the songs that I own.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:57 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Alan B wrote:
chrisavis wrote:

and i can buy the same songs from karaokecloud on the fly....and Tricerasoft....and Karaoke Version...and soon karaoke.net...
not my preferred hosting software, nor is it Chris' so it is useless to us. a service that requires one platform is why KC pro hasn't taken off either. your book is based on the KJMP drive, when you connect to the internet to update, you also lose songs. do you go through and remove them from your book? not sure how that works, or does it automatically remove the songs from your book?

What Paradigm says.

and....I am not missing anything.... I already have 95% of the KJMP songs through bulk purchases of CB content. The rest can be found on demand though other producers and much sooner than KaraokeCloud delivers it.

DRM is a great idea in concept, but it is not consumer (or KJ professional) friendly. It is why there was such a backlash in the music world against DRM. It's why iTunes delivers tracks without DRM.

Consumers want portability.
KJ's shouldn't be locked into an application because of the content.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:55 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 33 times
Meh Chris I disagree. DRM is good if implemented properly. (I think tricerasoft has it right) I do agree with some of your other points though, DRM shouldn't be a walled garden. There shouldn't be any vendor lock in to any particular software. If there's one thing I hate about this industry is they're not welcoming to third parties creating solutions for KJ's. They want it all.

Ideally DRM should be reduced to client side libraries and publicly documented API's. If all the US manu's wanted to be smart, they'd hire a programmer to do *just* that and nothing else. It'd be cheap. Unfortunately they don't want to be smart, they just want to be greedy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:56 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 427 times
Any DRM system can be overcome. I've removed DRM from all my Itunes music.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:04 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

chrisavis wrote:
A lot of companies will market or associate with a product that is exclusive to them. This way, if you want it, you have to use their system. It's done all the time. For example, take the Sony PlayStation and Microsoft Xbox. Both have games that are exclusive to the system. If you're a fan of Halo, you buy an Xbox. And if you want to play Drive Club, you buy a PlayStation. That's the way it is.

Since I already use CH, I'm happy to have these perks and if I wasn't using it, I may be seriously temped to switch because of all the benefits it offers.

I still say, SC should get on board with CH and make their library available for download through the KJ Media Pro system. Unlocked tracks are marked with your name and a unique serial number, which would make it much more difficult pirate. How would a pirate explain using a track that has someone else's name and serial attached to it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:26 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
Alan B wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
A lot of companies will market or associate with a product that is exclusive to them. This way, if you want it, you have to use their system. It's done all the time. For example, take the Sony PlayStation and Microsoft Xbox. Both have games that are exclusive to the system. If you're a fan of Halo, you buy an Xbox. And if you want to play Drive Club, you buy a PlayStation. That's the way it is.

Since I already use CH, I'm happy to have these perks and if I wasn't using it, I may be seriously temped to switch because of all the benefits it offers.

I still say, SC should get on board with CH and make their library available for download through the KJ Media Pro system. Unlocked tracks are marked with your name and a unique serial number, which would make it much more difficult pirate. How would a pirate explain using a track that has someone else's name and serial attached to it.

i agree that this would be an awesome solution, but i don't see how it could be implemented easily. Karaoke cloud sells their tracks for $1.99 and soundchoice/pep said their advance tracks could cost as much as $3 how do you keep track of the difference with a credit system?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:56 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

jclaydon wrote:
Alan B wrote:
chrisavis wrote:

i agree that this would be an awesome solution, but i don't see how it could be implemented easily. Karaoke cloud sells their tracks for $1.99 and soundchoice/pep said their advance tracks could cost as much as $3 how do you keep track of the difference with a credit system?

Simple, it would take 2 credits to buy SC tracks instead of 1 if they chose to price their tracks higher which may not be a smart move but still doable for those who want SC tracks only.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:01 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Alan B wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
So what is exclusive to the KJMP that any of us cannot get through downloading through the Cloud Store? I do not believe there are any songs you can get through Compuhost that we cannot get as well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:33 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Lonman wrote:
Alan B wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
So what is exclusive to the KJMP that any of us cannot get through downloading through the Cloud Store? I do not believe there are any songs you can get through Compuhost that we cannot get as well.
The KJMP system is exclusive to CH. Of course you can get the same tracks by downloading them from Karaoke Cloud, but you can't have a customer singing a song that they just requested and you just got through KJMP within 6 seconds. That's literally how long it takes, unless you're slow on the PC. And you don't need any internet connection that may or may not work in your bar. Or slow you down because of a slow connection.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:15 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Ok. But a customer requests a song ahead of time so I have plenty of time to download it and it will be there to cued up and ready to sing in less than 30 seconds to a minute for most downloads. A little longer for video files. I don't allow customer to request a song when they grab the Mic so that is moot issue. I also have a hot spot built in my phone with unlimited data plan so intenet is never an issue even if the bars wifi sucks..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:10 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
maybe i am missing the perks, i do it like Lon does. what other perks about KJMP am i not seeing that make it better than buying like i am now?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:28 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
maybe i am missing the perks, i do it like Lon does. what other perks about KJMP am i not seeing that make it better than buying like i am now?
I can see 1 perk, all the files are on a hard that you unlock as needed (they are with you no need to actually download), other than that I don't see any major benefit. However it's only getting the music from Digitrax Cloud - which is primarily Chartbuster with the exception of the newer stuff they've done since. So all other brands would need to be still bought off the internet and downloaded as needed just like we do it anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:14 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
MrBoo wrote:
Any DRM system can be overcome. I've removed DRM from all my Itunes music.

iTunes even has a one time $25.00 fee to unlock all previous locked content you have on disk. (No mater the source)

A bargain, eh?