KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Wow, what an announcement @ Karaoke Summit Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:36 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
chrisavis wrote:
Lonman wrote:
Capt Frank wrote:
In 1991 Pocket Songs introduced CD + G. Prior to that there were 8 tracks, cassettes, and laser discs. Possibly Pocket Songs should have the most right to royalties since they invented the whole genre, maybe all the manufacturers should be paying Pocket Songs for the right to process CD + G.
I'm pretty sure this is not accurate as I remember seeing DK discs in the late 80's. (around 89). Also I believe Phillips/Sony were the actual inventors of CDG.

"The first CD to be released with CD+G graphics was Eat or Be Eaten by Firesign Theatre in 1985."
"The CD+G specifications were published by Philips and Sony in an updated revision of the Red Book specifications."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CD%2BG

It literally takes seconds to fact check most things these days....

Sony invents everything first... GO SONY GO!!!

remember the reel to reel machines?
or the casette deck with advanced features?
or the "Walkman"
or the Betamax recorders.

Sony is awesome and grows with us in todays technology. Not like those companies that insist on Old technology as "standard" in even todays world.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:58 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
karaokeniagarafalls wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
Lonman wrote:
Capt Frank wrote:
In 1991 Pocket Songs introduced CD + G. Prior to that there were 8 tracks, cassettes, and laser discs. Possibly Pocket Songs should have the most right to royalties since they invented the whole genre, maybe all the manufacturers should be paying Pocket Songs for the right to process CD + G.
I'm pretty sure this is not accurate as I remember seeing DK discs in the late 80's. (around 89). Also I believe Phillips/Sony were the actual inventors of CDG.

"The first CD to be released with CD+G graphics was Eat or Be Eaten by Firesign Theatre in 1985."
"The CD+G specifications were published by Philips and Sony in an updated revision of the Red Book specifications."

or the "Walkman"

Sony is awesome and grows with us in todays technology. Not like those companies that insist on Old technology as "standard" in even todays world.

Yes that's a nice collection of dead ends.. They even quit the PC business..

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:02 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 81 times
Come on JD not fair and you know it. Most of those examples were once the standard formats for both consumer and pro use and are dead ends only because technology evolved not because they were bad products. Reel to Reel evolved to cassette which evolved to today's ipod.

As far as Beta is concerned, it was always the superior format to VHS. The innovation was done in Beta and VHS would come out with the equivalent advance 3 to 12 months later. At the consumer level Sony shot themselves in the foot with piss poor marketing and licensing agreements, which is why VHS won the format wars. At the Pro level VHS couldn't even come close to Beta which is why it never got beyond low end industrial gear. Beta however became the worldwide standard for TV production. Even in today's hard drive and SD card world, most production and sports trucks still have at least one DigiBeta deck to transfer ENG footage to EVS. And while it's getting harder, it's still possible to find Beta SP still being used, especially in a lot of the Third World Countries, so Beta's not quite dead yet (though it is just a matter of time). :nana:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:15 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 124 times
Only thing I have to say about Sony... PlayStation!

Say what you will about old tech, Sony is not worried about the past collection of now junk we all own. They got new things to sell you (in some cases, again)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:59 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
@ KarenB

All old news.. Most of the dead Sony Viao laptops were killed by poor engineering.
Why ship a fancy laptop that only has 512kb ram in it, and can not be upgraded above 1mb ram. How does that make sense? I have a very clean Viao on the repair bench now, Intel i5, DVDRW, 6 gig ram, 750 gig HD, refuses to boot..

Who ships crap like that? Answer, Sony..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:57 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
chrisavis wrote:
Lonman wrote:
Capt Frank wrote:

or the "Walkman"

Yeah, wonderful, then they want to sue you for using that technology. YAY!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:23 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 190 times
Smoothedge69 wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
Lonman wrote:
Capt Frank wrote:

or the "Walkman"

Yeah, wonderful, then they want to sue you for using that technology. YAY!!!

Well hey... now-a-days it's not about who you know... it's about who you can sue... lol

Back in the day it was the Koreans/Germans who engineered most of the best technologies... China was the smarter one by utilizing the technology and preparing for mass market "on the cheap"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:23 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 37 times
JimHarrington wrote:
We'll have a full announcement about what this means for the CHARTBUSTER KARAOKE® brand in the coming days. The major change will be that PEP will take over the enforcement efforts from Piracy Recovery and roll those into our existing efforts regarding SOUND CHOICE®. We are also working on a plan for limited new production under the CHARTBUSTER KARAOKE label. More to come on that soon.

Does this mean that these pirate sellers that are including Chartbuster brand on their drives are going to get the hammer too? It continually amazes me how the pirates KNOW about this, yet they scuff their noses at your guys. No matter my personal opinion
on tactics being used against piracy or the motives involved, I simply just want to see MORE pirate sellers taken to justice.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:51 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
i would love that too. pirate sellers being taken to court would be wonderful. i guess harassing legal hosts and suing venues is more fun.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:48 pm 
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
i would love that too. pirate sellers being taken to court would be wonderful. i guess harassing legal hosts and suing venues is more profitable.

Fixed it for you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:19 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
thanks Mike, you are right.
you especially, you have one of the best good guys in your back yard. Chris Avis is up there too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6