KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Zoom Downloads now prohibited in US and Canada Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:15 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
even i would be up for buying PEP downloads if the back library came available.
I don't believe that will ever happen because my understanding is they sold the catalog to Stingray and only retained "disc delivery."

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:43 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
with the changes that have happened over the last few years, i'm not counting any possibility out. you are right that was their agreement, but they can come to a new agreement at any time or add to it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:45 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
with the changes that have happened over the last few years, i'm not counting any possibility out. you are right that was their agreement, but they can come to a new agreement at any time or add to it.

I wish Karaoke Channel could be used in venues!! Then we wouldn't need SC.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:58 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 33 times
We just received 20 zoom discs this week. Purchaced by a KJ in the UK and sold and reshipped to us.All 100% legal and resellable.Also have 6 sets of the 2015 year end disc sets preordered for shippment in November. You are protected with discs and they are resellable. All you need to do is have a UK KJ friend. Downloads are a waste of money the same as streaming services. The biggest difference is that you have to wait for the discs but the protection and resale value are well worth it. US OLDTIMERS who have been doing karaoke for decades manage just fine.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:12 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

kjflorida wrote:
We just received 20 zoom discs this week. Purchaced by a KJ in the UK and sold and reshipped to us.All 100% legal and resellable.Also have 6 sets of the 2015 year end disc sets preordered for shippment in November. You are protected with discs and they are resellable. All you need to do is have a UK KJ friend. Downloads are a waste of money the same as streaming services. The biggest difference is that you have to wait for the discs but the protection and resale value are well worth it. US OLDTIMERS who have been doing karaoke for decades manage just fine.

Too bad we don't all have friends in the UK. TECHNICALLY, what you did there could be considered unfair practice. You are using material that others can't get their hands on, and actually your way of doing it, is kinda of underhanded and shady.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:31 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Anyone can find a friendly KJ in the UK that is willing to buy extras and resell and ship them to you. Perfectly legal and we have been doing it for years. If I remember correctly my wife tried to tell the people on this forum and others how to protect themselves by buying on disc and why downloads were going to be cut off. I am so very glad she agreed stop and preserve her health.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:24 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

kjflorida wrote:
Anyone can find a friendly KJ in the UK that is willing to buy extras and resell and ship them to you. Perfectly legal and we have been doing it for years. If I remember correctly my wife tried to tell the people on this forum and others how to protect themselves by buying on disc and why downloads were going to be cut off. I am so very glad she agreed stop and preserve her health.

Except, we are getting a new company, right here in America who will be providing downloads!! There goes your argument!! We may be losing the UK for now, but they will find other ways to get us their stuff. They aren't going to put up with a major loss to their bottom line, for long.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:43 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Oh and 1 of imports ON DISC have always been allowed as well. As far as a US company that may have downloads available soon, my only issues would be the lack of resale value and quality. I would LOVE to see US based Karaoke being produced again. And will purchase a few discs to check the quality when available with songs I may need for my systems.

As far as the UK producers go they HAVE to abide by the publishers wishes or they will have the publishing houses refusing licencing for tracks that they CAN sell to the rest of the world. Remember the UK is opt out licencing, that means all they have to do is file paperwork to refuse for each track, really just rubber stamp type paperwork. Loosing sales in 2 countries is much better than loosing sales in ALL countries.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:29 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

kjflorida wrote:
Oh and 1 of imports ON DISC have always been allowed as well. As far as a US company that may have downloads available soon, my only issues would be the lack of resale value and quality. I would LOVE to see US based Karaoke being produced again. And will purchase a few discs to check the quality when available with songs I may need for my systems.

As far as the UK producers go they HAVE to abide by the publishers wishes or they will have the publishing houses refusing licencing for tracks that they CAN sell to the rest of the world. Remember the UK is opt out licencing, that means all they have to do is file paperwork to refuse for each track, really just rubber stamp type paperwork. Loosing sales in 2 countries is much better than loosing sales in ALL countries.

They will be back!! Mark MY words!! Either they will find ways to get their products into the states, OR they will partner up with stateside companies, like DTE, like Sunfly did.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:37 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
I dont believe Sunfly is associated with the Cloud anymore due to restrictions

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:07 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Lonman wrote:
I dont believe Sunfly is associated with the Cloud anymore due to restrictions

LOoks like they got rid of DK, too. All I see is DTE. Their rock and blues collections suck!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:04 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
kjflorida wrote:
We just received 20 zoom discs this week. Purchaced by a KJ in the UK and sold and reshipped to us. All 100% legal and resellable...
Wait a sec.... To my knowledge, no ban was placed on the sale of ZOOM Discs to the US and Canada... just DOWNLOADS. So what you're posting is a moot point.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:15 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
cueball wrote:
kjflorida wrote:
We just received 20 zoom discs this week. Purchaced by a KJ in the UK and sold and reshipped to us. All 100% legal and resellable...
Wait a sec.... To my knowledge, no ban was placed on the sale of ZOOM Discs to the US and Canada... just DOWNLOADS. So what you're posting is a moot point.

I'm pretty sure the point was that if you want access to Zoom tracks, there is a legal way to obtain them--it just has to be on disc.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:13 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
cueball wrote:
kjflorida wrote:

If you can find a brick and mortar karaoke store near you, the only Zoom and Sunfly discs you will find will be OLD stock. They have not shipped anything to the US in a number of years.

Anything you buy on Amazon or eBay typically comes from an importer or other international seller.

In other words, they can't sell anything directly to U.S. based customers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:22 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Geeze, it's just so much bull crap!! Music is an art form. It shouldn't be treated like a commodity, like, say, oil. The publishers don't want piracy, the musicians, don't want piracy, the karaoke companies don't want piracy, but NOBODY does a DAMNED thing to stop it!! All they do is hinder the people who actually want to BUY music with nonsense on top of bull crap, on top of more nonsense!! The consumers don't do anything, the publishers take advantage of everyone, and the karaoke companies have no power. It's ridiculous!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:48 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Having a UK KJ friend who lives close to a brick and mortar is a really good idea, we catch sales and close outs and can get multiples set to us under the first sale doctrine. Those who are upset about downloads being cut off need to adjust their mindset and get used to the "old method" of waiting for discs to come out, buying discs for 3 or 4 new songs and waiting for delivery. That was always the system for karaoke until all this download foolishness started.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 204 times
With all due respect it's the "waiting for discs to come out, buying discs for 3 or 4 new songs and waiting for delivery." that is the foolishness.

Zoom hasn't quit making music, Zoom has quit making discs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:24 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

mostly quit making discs "special sets" are still being made like the year end sets. Check out Amazon.uk...pre orders for discs sets are being taken from UK KJ's...Make some UK JK friends Mntaraoke

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_ ... Caps%2C612

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
kjflorida wrote:
mostly quit making discs "special sets" are still being made like the year end sets. Check out Amazon.uk...pre orders for discs sets are being taken from UK KJ's...Make some UK JK friends Mntaraoke

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_ ... Caps%2C612

Wonder if your "UK KJ friends" need to have some sort of a license, or at least pay some sort of tax, for, as you have freely admitted here, expressly and singularly being a reseller...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:51 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Zoom is gone from Tricerasoft, as of Saturday. I checked and they were gone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next