KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - A walkaway by SC? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: A walkaway by SC?
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:40 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:
Divert, twist, parre, dodge and deflect.... you'll do anything to avoid the issue and what's really happening.

Interesting.....when someone else uses the same tactics as you, they are somehow at fault. But you are above reproach.

Not at all, but once again you're comparing apples to oranges. I'm not interested in which jdiscs you buy, I'm not interested in the dollar amount that you spent on discs, lights, speakers, or anything else. I'm not even interested in how much money you make at your job. I'm simply asking based on what you have spent, how much time will it take for you to become profitable since that is your goal?

On the other hand, you pose questions that are directly personal in nature such as, what disk do I own and what brands do I use or not use? How many systems could you fit in your truck? You have absolutely no use for this information – unless you are simply passing it along to someone else.

I don't drag up any personal information on you – even though it may be declared public – to try to discredit you. That in itself is a typical cheerleaders tactic: when you run out of valid arguments, you attack the person.

And yet you still haven't been forthcoming with what you declare as "fiction." how predictable.

chrisavis wrote:
c. staley wrote:
I'd probably do the same if I were in your shoes. Luckily, I'm not.

I would be interested in knowing what shoes you think I am in (size 12 btw) and why you feel lucky you don't have to wear them.

Since you asked, I think you're in a large pair of pink fluffy slippers – make that rose-colored pink fluffy slippers – because to you, being the relative newbie that you are, all the world is grand and you already know everything there is to know.

I'm lucky that I don't have to wear them, because when I started in this business I wore them too. I've been around this block more than once and as fluffy as they are, you'll find that they will wear thin after a few years.

Did you believe everything chartbuster told you? You must've believed a good portion of it, or you would've never gotten certified. Were you flabbergasted and surprised when the judgment was handed down against them? Were you even more surprised when you realized they didn't bother to defend themselves or even answer the court?

How about when it's distilled down to its basics, the company was laid to rest by the piracy that was created and ongoing from within. They weren't "murdered by pirates" from the outside.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:27 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
Interesting thread...

As for twists and diversions, something to keep in mind:

HL is paid to present his clients and their interests in the best possible light. That's part of his job.

Chip isn't getting paid for his opinions, and freely backs them up with documentation.

Look at the motivation, and you will probably realize where the twists and turns are.

Some may question Chip's more aggressive posting style, but no one can present a motive for fabrication, nor can they successfully argue the documentation that he presents.

Just an observation....

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:33 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
JoeChartreuse wrote:
Interesting thread...

HL is paid to present his clients and their interests in the best possible light. That's part of his job.

Chip isn't getting paid for his opinions, and freely backs them up with documentation.

Look at the motivation, and you will probably realize where the twists and turns are.

Some may question Chip's more aggressive posting style, but no one can present a motive for fabrication, nor can they successfully argue the documentation that he presents.

Just an observation....

HL is also bound by a code of ethics due to his profession and faces serious repercussions should he violate them.
CS can say anything he wants, real/speculative/invented or otherwise.

Keep that in mind as well.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:46 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 294 times
One can question the interpretations he puts on the documentation. The bare bones of a court case don't tell the whole story--just as you like to interpret that a settlement must mean some uneducated host was intimidated into paying. We see a host settled but we don't have any idea whether they did it becase they didn't know any better, didn't have the money to fight it or didn't own a CDG to their name and knew they didn't have a case.

We aren't privy to all that surrounds these cases so the "documentation" still leaves alot open to interpretation.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:33 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Bazza wrote:
HL is also bound by a code of ethics due to his profession and faces serious repercussions should he violate them.
CS can say anything he wants, real/speculative/invented or otherwise.

Keep that in mind as well.

Really? Wake up McFly..... his "code of ethics" relates only to his client and the court.... nothing else. He too can say anything he wants, "real/speculative/invented or otherwise." And many of his posts are exactly that. Like trying to convince everyone here that a consent judgment he wrote was now some kind of agreement and/or precedent by the court in the Dan Dan case. Or his latest speculation of what my "evil hand-wrenching plan" obviously was.... waiting for SC to go under...... All he left out of that one was the mad scientist coat and me yelling; "Foiled again!"

He's not hobbled or restricted in the least, no need to paint him as some sort of victim tied to the railroad track, he's not.

leopard lizard wrote:
One can question the interpretations he puts on the documentation. The bare bones of a court case don't tell the whole story--just as you like to interpret that a settlement must mean some uneducated host was intimidated into paying. We see a host settled but we don't have any idea whether they did it becase they didn't know any better, didn't have the money to fight it or didn't own a CDG to their name and knew they didn't have a case.

We aren't privy to all that surrounds these cases so the "documentation" still leaves alot open to interpretation.

I can only show you the documented proof. How you want to interpret it is entirely up to you.

If you want to believe that CB never pirated a single song in their 24 year history despite millions of dollars of documented court judgments against them including fraud -- that's your prerogative. If you want to believe that SC was never sued for copyright infringement despite loads of paperwork to the contrary, then that is also up to you.

Whatever makes you feel better and justified in standing behind this caliber of manufacturer works for me..... even if the view is nothing but sand.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:43 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
JoeChartreuse wrote:
Interesting thread...

Just an observation....

Joe - The fiction comes from the twisted interpretations, speculation and yes, fear mongering that Chip espouses here. I am all for strong opinions and taking a stand, but not when it serves no purpose. If Chip has issues with Sound Choice, Chartbuster or any other manufacturer practices, then he should do something about it instead of venting over and over about it, and beating down anyone that speaks positively about the industry.

Chip - I never asked how many systems fit on your truck btw. I just parroted information I read. The numbers "7" and "6" appear in the one relevant document but never the number "5". I only asked about your music and only about one vendor and one format. I am not asking to report back to anyone, which is a silly accusation since if you posted it, whomever I would supoposedly be reporting to could see it for themselves. I asked because I was wondering why you cared at all about what would happen to those that have purchased the CB Digital Media if you did not have one or more yourself.

chrisavis wrote:
Personally, I would like to buy a truck big enough for seven rigs that I can park on my property (no zoning restrictions to fight in my neighborhood) and then legally put them all into operation just to demonstrate to you that I can run a multi-rig operation efficiently and profitably.

That is the exact quote from the other thread. I am not discrediting you at all with that statement.

I find it very hypocritcal of you though to grief me about pointing to public information about you "to try to discredit you" when that is exactly what you have been doing to Sound Choice for years.

As I mentioned before, when someone uses your tactics against you, they come under fire, but it is prefectly fine for you to do so.

Be careful. The sword has two edges.

-Chris

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:47 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

For the record, the last two paragraphs of Chip's response to me were not in response to anything I said.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:11 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

chrisavis wrote:
Chip - I never asked how many systems fit on your truck btw. I just parroted information I read. The numbers "7" and "6" appear in the one relevant document but never the number "5". I only asked about your music and only about one vendor and one format. I am not asking to report back to anyone, which is a silly accusation since if you posted it, whomever I would supoposedly be reporting to could see it for themselves. I asked because I was wondering why you cared at all about what would happen to those that have purchased the CB Digital Media if you did not have one or more yourself.

What is the "relevant document?" Then we'll discuss how and why you would be so interested to come across any document relating to any of this. Unless of course, you're already feeling the heat.

Yes, you asked about one vendor and more than one format (hard drive, sd card, disc) and I still say that your line of questioning is presumptuous, invasive and just plain nosy.

chrisavis wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
Personally, I would like to buy a truck big enough for seven rigs that I can park on my property (no zoning restrictions to fight in my neighborhood) and then legally put them all into operation just to demonstrate to you that I can run a multi-rig operation efficiently and profitably.

That is the exact quote from the other thread. I am not discrediting you at all with that statement.

I find it very hypocritcal of you though to grief me about pointing to public information about you "to try to discredit you" when that is exactly what you have been doing to Sound Choice for years.

As I mentioned before, when someone uses your tactics against you, they come under fire, but it is prefectly fine for you to do so.

Be careful. The sword has two edges.

Now THAT'S funny. Are you somehow SC's self-appointed protector? You might find it "hypocrital" of me for pointing out public information about a "company" however, you haven't EVER seen me post any PERSONAL information about Kurt Slep have you? Nothing.

I find it very "stalking of you" to go out of your way to follow the advice of those on your other board if you did -- OR -- simply root around google to see what you can dig up to sling around. That's pretty high on the "creep-o-meter" and really shows a complete lack of integrity on your part. But that's to be expected of most of the cheerleaders: when you can no longer defend SC on their merits or facts, you simply attack the person, even if it requires a certain level of stalking measures to accomplish your self-appointed mission. And that really shows a new low in absolute desperation on your part.

Why don't you google around and report back what you can find on your buddy HarringtonLaw? I'm sure that there's plenty of juicy information out there too..... or would you like me to post it?

The difference here is that I won't post it publicly -- because it doesn't belong here -- you don't seem to have any qualms about that.

And that's truly sad.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:46 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

I don't buy it, Chip. Not too long ago you posted some comments about some photos from someone's ancient MySpace and you questioned the person's parenting abilities. Then one of your cohorts who is also "creeped out by cyberstalking" quoted you to help make sure that person saw it. What did 6 year old family photos have to do with karaoke? So that was cyberstalking and baiting all in one post. You're, busted, bud.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:22 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

leopard lizard wrote:
I don't buy it, Chip. Not too long ago you posted some comments about some photos from someone's ancient MySpace and you questioned the person's parenting abilities. Then one of your cohorts who is also "creeped out by cyberstalking" quoted you to help make sure that person saw it. What did 6 year old family photos have to do with karaoke? So that was cyberstalking and baiting all in one post. You're, busted, bud.

"some comments about some photos from someone's...."
Please quote the post you are referring to. According to you, there should be more than one and it should be more specific than "someone, somewhere, somehow, etc."

I can only imagine that you're commenting on the photos of a member here (that shall remain unnamed) who posted photos of their small grandchildren playing in a laundry dryer and thought it was "cute."

I'll stand by the theory that allowing small children to play in a dryer is not only endangering them to start with, but sending the wrong message to them that it is acceptable to crawl into a laundry dryer in the first place, but the furthest thing possible from being a cute, kodak moment. It is kind of creepy all by itself.

And my point is; This person willfully posted the photos for the world to see -- obviously wanting everyone to see the photos. You can't condemn me for seeing what they put out there. It's not like I raided their hard drive remotely and posted XXX rated photos. If they didn't want the world to see the cute photos, they would have never posted them on a social media site... right?

On the other hand, what Chris is talking about was not posted by me. A zoning ordinance variance hearing regarding the height of my truck -- no matter what it was used for -- is really not applicable here other than to mud sling.

And I will mention it again: would you like me to start googling others (like HarringtonLaw) to see what "public information" I can gather and repost?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:43 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

So you admit you cyberstalked and commented and baited with the info on here? Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:24 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

leopard lizard wrote:
So you admit you cyberstalked and commented and baited with the info on here? Thank you.

I would call a social media site hardly cyber stalking since the point is to post what ever you want the entire world to see.

But you're welcome to call a duck a chicken if you like.

carry-on.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:36 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 16 times
leopard lizard wrote:

Is this true?

If so, can you provide reference?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:36 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 33 times
c. staley wrote:
leopard lizard wrote:

"some comments about some photos from someone's...."
Please quote the post you are referring to. According to you, there should be more than one and it should be more specific than "someone, somewhere, somehow, etc."

I can only imagine that you're commenting on the photos of a member here (that shall remain unnamed) who posted photos of their small grandchildren playing in a laundry dryer and thought it was "cute."

I'll stand by the theory that allowing small children to play in a dryer is not only endangering them to start with, but sending the wrong message to them that it is acceptable to crawl into a laundry dryer in the first place, but the furthest thing possible from being a cute, kodak moment. It is kind of creepy all by itself.

And my point is; This person willfully posted the photos for the world to see -- obviously wanting everyone to see the photos. You can't condemn me for seeing what they put out there. It's not like I raided their hard drive remotely and posted XXX rated photos. If they didn't want the world to see the cute photos, they would have never posted them on a social media site... right?

On the other hand, what Chris is talking about was not posted by me. A zoning ordinance variance hearing regarding the height of my truck -- no matter what it was used for -- is really not applicable here other than to mud sling.

And I will mention it again: would you like me to start googling others (like HarringtonLaw) to see what "public information" I can gather and repost?

Are you sure the person in question posted the MYSPACE page themselves Chip ? I do find your behavior creepy and cyberstalking and now you are complain of others using the same tactics. Lets see if we get a response now?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:42 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
c. staley wrote:
What is the "relevant document?" Then we'll discuss how and why you would be so interested to come across any document relating to any of this. Unless of course, you're already feeling the heat.

What heat would I feel except for the fact that it is a particularly nice day here in Western Washington? Gorgeous in fact.

The relevant document is available online. I am not going to post a direct link to it simply because it does contain personal information about you and I am not interested in passing that around. I believe you know exactly what document I am refering to anyway, so I don't understand this excersize.

c. staley wrote:
Yes, you asked about one vendor and more than one format (hard drive, sd card, disc) and I still say that your line of questioning is presumptuous, invasive and just plain nosy.

And your asking me how long it will take to pay off a substantial investment is somehow less invasive or nosey?

c. staley wrote:
I find it very "stalking of you" to go out of your way to follow the advice of those on your other board if you did -- OR -- simply root around google to see what you can dig up to sling around. That's pretty high on the "creep-o-meter" and really shows a complete lack of integrity on your part.

You call it creepy, I call it curiosity. (I use Bing btw...)

Employer's regularly use search engines to look up info on prospective employees. Security experts recommend that people search for their own information to ensure that things are what they are supposed to be and personal information gets removed.

c. staley wrote:
But that's to be expected of most of the cheerleaders: when you can no longer defend SC on their merits or facts, you simply attack the person, even if it requires a certain level of stalking measures to accomplish your self-appointed mission. And that really shows a new low in absolute desperation on your part.

First, I wasn't defending anyone. Second, I didn't attack you. Third, I am not stalking you. Fourth, YOU are the one desparately search to position this so you look good.

c. staley wrote:
Why don't you google around and report back what you can find on your buddy HarringtonLaw? I'm sure that there's plenty of juicy information out there too..... or would you like me to post it?

nowwaitadarnminute..... Didn't you just accuse me of attacking you because I couldn't find a defense for something (that I wasn't defending anyway) and now you are going deflect and suggest an "attack" by posting info about a 3rd party that isn't even involved in the conversation you and I are having? I believe that is the very definition of desparate.

c. staley wrote:
The difference here is that I won't post it publicly -- because it doesn't belong here -- you don't seem to have any qualms about that.

The difference is that I didn't actually post anything anything that hasn't already been mentioned about you in a public forum. Information which I independently confirmed. And which I did not link - because it does not belong here.

-Chris

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:52 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

kjflorida wrote:
Are you sure the person in question posted the MYSPACE page themselves Chip ? I do find your behavior creepy and cyberstalking and now you are complain of others using the same tactics. Lets see if we get a response now?

You have a point! I'm sure it had to be someone else who snuck into their house, drugged them all and posed them in the dryer in order to get the photos in the first place! (yeah, that's the ticket!) Then, create a fake MySpace with all their info and post the pics there....

Give it a rest....

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:53 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
OK so this issue has reared its ugly head again. I hate being woke up to deal with it. I was the person that had the comments posted about a MYSPACE page I had no idea existed. One of my grown daughters created the page years ago without my knowing. She posted the photos and made the posts Thinking it would be a way for us to keep in contact while she was overseas( not knowing I hated Myspace). Until someone here sent me copies of Chip's posts mocking me and questioning my parenting skills I was unaware of the page. The only page I ever created was my Facebook page. That is why everything on the myspace page was so old. I contacted MYSPACE and was assured the page would be removed. I find it very hypocritical for him to be spouting off about others being "creepy and cyber stalking" when that was exactly what he did referring to the page in question. I do make use of the utilities provided on this forum to prevent myself from acting in a reactive way and possibly getting myself banned so frequently I do not see posts that contain baiting verbage or just plain slander. I understand the prior offending posts were removed and the poster was given a "vacation" I would hope the same actions would be repeated by the MODS

Blessings
Athena

Lee McGuffey

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:46 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 17 times
kjathena wrote:
OK so this issue has reared its ugly head again. I hate being woke up to deal with it. I was the person that had the comments posted about a MYSPACE page I had no idea existed. One of my grown daughters created the page years ago without my knowing. She posted the photos and made the posts Thinking it would be a way for us to keep in contact while she was overseas( not knowing I hated Myspace). Until someone here sent me copies of Chip's posts mocking me and questioning my parenting skills I was unaware of the page. The only page I ever created was my Facebook page. That is why everything on the myspace page was so old. I contacted MYSPACE and was assured the page would be removed. I find it very hypocritical for him to be spouting off about others being "creepy and cyber stalking" when that was exactly what he did referring to the page in question. I do make use of the utilities provided on this forum to prevent myself from acting in a reactive way and possibly getting myself banned so frequently I do not see posts that contain baiting verbage or just plain slander. I understand the prior offending posts were removed and the poster was given a "vacation" I would hope the same actions would be repeated by the MODS

Blessings
Athena

Athena are you saying want leopard lizard to be given a vacation or c.staley?

leopard lizard wrote:

Chip responded to his post about the MySpace photos, but he didn't mention anyone's name or provide any indication of who the photos belonged to. I didn't see the original posts being referred to and until you posted and claimed them I had no idea whose photos they were referring to. Sorry but I don't see any reason to give either leopard lizard or c.staley a vacation.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:00 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
LL was referring to Chip's apparent hypocritical statements. Chip himself brought up the posts that were removed however,there are more than a few that remember the offending posts, (yes plural) That did contain my name. The posts in question went on for quite sometime until brought to my attention when they really got out of hand.
I felt the need to explain to anyone who did remember the posts that I was NOT aware of the MYSPACE page at all until it was brought up (now repeatedly) by Chip. It is my opinion that someone who wants to throw stones (complain about cyberstalking or people being creepy) should not be exhibiting the same behaviors. And yes I do find his actions creepy and a good example of cyberstalking.

Blessings
Athena

Lee McGuffey

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:02 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 16 times
hitek,

It appears that leopard lizard is pointing out that c. staley had "cyberstalked" sometime in the past here on the forums as c. staley is accusing others of "cyberstalking".

Basically leopard lizard is accusing c. staley of hypocrisy.

Could leopard lizard be banned for that?

Could c. staley be banned for practicing hypocrisy?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next