KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Question for Mr. Harrington Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:33 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
easy way to know legality for sure. i maild them about trheir downloads for commercial use and got this response.
if i purchase and use Sound Choice material from these guys, will i get sued?

To: bill@paradigmkaraoke.com
Subject: RE: Karaoke Plus, LLC: Someone asked a question about product
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:25:36 -0500 (04/24/2012 11:25:36 AM)

We only use top brands like Sound choice, Chartbuster and Pop Hits Monthly.
Yes, they are legal for you to use.

Thank You!

Travis D. TenKley
Karaoke Plus, LLC
(608) 782-8000
http://www.KaraokePlusLLC.com

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:24 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1003 times
Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
easy way to know legality for sure. i maild them about trheir downloads for commercial use and got this response.
if i purchase and use Sound Choice material from these guys, will i get sued?

To: bill@paradigmkaraoke.com
Subject: RE: Karaoke Plus, LLC: Someone asked a question about product
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:25:36 -0500 (04/24/2012 11:25:36 AM)

We only use top brands like Sound choice, Chartbuster and Pop Hits Monthly.
Yes, they are legal for you to use.

Thank You!

Travis D. TenKley
Karaoke Plus, LLC
(608) 782-8000
http://www.KaraokePlusLLC.com

If they are selling SC downloads, they are NOT AUTHORIZED. SC does NOT authorize downloads of SC-branded material, period. A user of these materials would be subject to suit just as a user of materials from any other unauthorized site.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 48 times
...Just a quick question (not related to downloads, I apologize) but for SC CDG:

...How does a KJ know the seller is an SC Authorized Dealer? I don't recall a list of Authorized Dealers on the SC Site.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:39 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

MadMusicOne wrote:
...Just a quick question (not related to downloads, I apologize) but for SC CDG:

...How does a KJ know the seller is an SC Authorized Dealer? I don't recall a list of Authorized Dealers on the SC Site.

If you're buying original CD+Gs, there is no need to worry about whether the dealer is an "Authorized Dealer." The reason why I can confidently state that the dealer above is not authorized is that NO ONE is allowed to sell downloads of SC tracks for commercial use, period. That is not an authorized format.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:42 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
HarringtonLaw wrote:
MadMusicOne wrote:

If you're buying original CD+Gs, there is no need to worry about whether the dealer is an "Authorized Dealer." The reason why I can confidently state that the dealer above is not authorized is that NO ONE is allowed to sell downloads of SC tracks for commercial use, period. That is not an authorized format.

Maybe it is time it became an authorized format. Time to modernize.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

HarringtonLaw wrote:
MadMusicOne wrote:

... I do understand, from what I've read (here and there) and seen on a Video from the 2011 Vegas Convention that downloads are not legal for commercial use. However, a certain KJ & poster, went through with his audit and was found to have a counterfeit SC CDG and posted a picture of it here. I don't know where he obtained his SC CDG but it was confirmed that it was counterfeit.

...Anyone/Business (Seller) could say(advertise) they are an SC Authorized Dealer. I feel this is somewhat unfair to those who wish to purchase original, approved/legal authorized media (such as a cdg) from a dealer only to find out that it might or might not be a counterfeit.

...Now, before you say I should have just called SC and ask the credibility of any dealer/seller in question, guess what? I did. Not once did I receive a return phone call or email (3-4 times). I could only take the so-called online Retailer's word.

...Just asking

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:18 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Smoothedge69 wrote:

Yes, yes, we know your position.

However, you don't just wave a wand and make that happen. There are lots of rights holders who have to be satisfied. Perhaps companies that do offer downloads find it not quite so necessary to satisfy the rights holders.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:24 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
HarringtonLaw wrote:
Smoothedge69 wrote:

Yes, yes, we know your position.

However, you don't just wave a wand and make that happen. There are lots of rights holders who have to be satisfied. Perhaps companies that do offer downloads find it not quite so necessary to satisfy the rights holders.

Or maybe they actually satisfy them so they can improve their customer service.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:09 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
hang on, i was asking a legitamate qestion for a direct answer form Mr. Harrington and igot it. i did not intend this to become a "well you should......." thread. the direct question has been answered authoritatively, i would request this now be locked.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:16 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 172 times
I really like & respect you PK, but I'm pretty sure these forums are open. I think you meant to send HL a pm....... :)
Guess I could be wrong, and maybe a moderator can straighten me out........no offense PK

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:46 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

johnny reverb wrote:
I really like & respect you PK, but I'm pretty sure these forums are open. I think you meant to send HL a pm....... :)
Guess I could be wrong, and maybe a moderator can straighten me out........no offense PK

...Well, I didn't mean to offend or hijack PK's thread. I did apologize in my very first post and will again, sorry, PK. I just wanted to also ask a question about purchasing LEGIT KARAOKE MEDIA (who do we trust) and probably should have started a new thread. My bad.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:46 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
Most of the downloads Tricerasoft offers comes from the UK. The rules in the UK are vastly different than here. For one thing, when a company like Zoom makes a karaoke track, they own the master rights, including the lyric/graphic swipe.

Which means they can do whatever they want with their tracks, including license it for world wide download distribution if that's what they wish to do.

Companies like soundchoice don't have that luxury. They only own the rights to the music and their trademark. They could sell all their karaoke tracks on Itunes WITHOUT the cdg files without any hassles but if they wanted to sell proper karaoke tracks for download, they'd have to go back to the original copyright holders and get permission.

The problem is, in my opinion, the music producers are evil greedy bastards and make it too difficult and expensive for most companies to want to bother.

If they took their head out of their butts long enough to get a breath of fresh air they might actually realize that they are missing out on a significant stream of income.

*rant mode off*

-James

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:50 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
jclaydon wrote:
Companies like soundchoice don't have that luxury. They only own the rights to the music and their trademark. They could sell all their karaoke tracks on Itunes WITHOUT the cdg files without any hassles but if they wanted to sell proper karaoke tracks for download, they'd have to go back to the original copyright holders and get permission.

Here is where I disagree.

Sound Choice doesn't have a problem selling any of their tracks as an "end run" by simply selling them out of Australia as a custom disc. And that includes artists that don't allow karaoke licensing anymore like U2 and even ABBA.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:01 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
c. staley wrote:
jclaydon wrote:

Here is where I disagree.

Sound Choice doesn't have a problem selling any of their tracks as an "end run" by simply selling them out of Australia as a custom disc. And that includes artists that don't allow karaoke licensing anymore like U2 and even ABBA.

anyway to make their piracy legal!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:45 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
It's no different than Nike or Apple or any other company that goes off-shore to manufacture their product cheaper, to avoid labour laws, etc. Do you think they manufacture their goods in India or China or other third world country out of the goodness of their heart.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]