KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - I Don't Think SC Gets It Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:59 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 146 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Thunder wrote:
timberlea wrote:
Moose burgers, droooooolll.

LOL Moose, Elk and Deer properly prepared is great eating!

:D You ought to know I've never tasted any of it, and as far a the young not eating anything and filling up booze, I just hope they don't up it into your speakers or amp.

This comes from the guy that says the military taught him how to survive if the $hit hits the fan???
Never tasted some of the best meat on the planet???
Hmmm must be a vegetarian.
I have hunted, killed and brought home and eaten all of that, oh yea Antelope is very good also.

Second note: I wish I could get the $250 a night that Thunder is getting too. Lone Ranger if you are getting better than that you must be working more than the 4 or so hours most of us do, but in actuality I don't think you get anywhere near that.

:roll: You can believe what you want to, your thoughts at least are still your own, since a group of citizens are still willing to watch out for the rest of you. My personal finances and business practices are my business, I will tell you this. I have a green Irish hat that I set out, quite often I have 20.00 tips in it, quite often I make a $100.00 a night in tips. That is in addition to the money paid by the particular venue. I will have met all my earning goals by October, and I'm completely booked until then, when I start my Octoberfest Season. Finishing with a Halloween party, for that month. I'm not a vegetarian, I like a good steak as much as anyone, and still have the teeth to chew it. I just think with very few wild animals left, it would be better to feast on domesticated breeds. In the military you try to plan for all contingencies so if and when the <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> happens, you are prepared not to have it all over you. It seems to me that you are a very bitter person, it is no wonder you are alone Wolfie.

Yawnnnn,,,,. Sorry, fell asleep.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:05 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
ripman8 wrote:

Yawnnnn,,,,. Sorry, fell asleep.

:D You need to get more rest.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Lone Wolf wrote:
This comes from the guy that says the military taught him how to survive if the $hit hits the fan???
Never tasted some of the best meat on the planet???
Hmmm must be a vegetarian.
I have hunted, killed and brought home and eaten all of that, oh yea Antelope is very good also.

Second note: I wish I could get the $250 a night that Thunder is getting too. Lone Ranger if you are getting better than that you must be working more than the 4 or so hours most of us do, but in actuality I don't think you get anywhere near that.

Yeah I caught that one too LOL

Second note: I get that because I have been in this business and well established in my area for a very long time. "pre- piracy $300 - $400 a night was fairly common here. But that all changed in the past 10 to 15 years.

I think his response to my Moose lodge question pretty much answers the last part! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
:roll: You can believe what you want to, your thoughts at least are still your own, since a group of citizens are still willing to watch out for the rest of you. My personal finances and business practices are my business, I will tell you this. I have a green Irish hat that I set out, quite often I have 20.00 tips in it, quite often I make a $100.00 a night in tips. That is in addition to the money paid by the particular venue. I will have met all my earning goals by October, and I'm completely booked until then, when I start my Octoberfest Season. Finishing with a Halloween party, for that month. I'm not a vegetarian, I like a good steak as much as anyone, and still have the teeth to chew it. I just think with very few wild animals left, it would be better to feast on domesticated breeds. In the military you try to plan for all contingencies so if and when the <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> happens, you are prepared not to have it all over you. It seems to me that you are a very bitter person, it is no wonder you are alone Wolfie.

1. I have never had to nor will I ever put out a tip jar to beg for my pay. I run a business I charge as a business and I am paid as a business. I turn down "tips" (bribes) every night!

As for knowing how to kill, dress, preserve, prepare and cook your food I would have thought that the military would have taught you that in simple survival training. These simple things and knowing how to identify what plants, fruits and fungus are safe to eat were things I was brought up with, it was just part of life.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:09 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
Thunder wrote:
These simple things and knowing how to identify what plants, fruits and fungus are safe to eat were things I was brought up with, it was just part of life.

Fungus does not have enough nutritional value to bother with not to mention the chance of poisoning. You would learn to ignore them entirely.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 204 times
I too was taught to identify wild mushrooms (fungi) and know the difference between edible and poisonous varieties.

The good: This food is low in Saturated Fat and Sodium, and very low in Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Vitamin C, Folate, Iron, Zinc and Manganese, and a very good source of Vitamin D, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Copper and Selenium.

Read More http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2482/2#ixzz1S7pu5uXM

Here's a little info on Morel mushrooms which are found in Colorado among other places.

and though you won't generally find them wild in the US, the Shiitake mushroom besides being a very savory, edible fungus also has the following benefit: Lentinan, a compound isolated from shiitake, is used as an intravenous anticancer agent in some countries.Studies have demonstrated lentinan possesses antitumor properties, and human clinical studies have associated lentinan with a higher survival rate, higher quality of life, and lower recurrence of cancer.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 118 times
MtnKaraoke wrote:
I too was taught to identify wild mushrooms (fungi) and know the difference between edible and poisonous varieties.

The good: This food is low in Saturated Fat and Sodium, and very low in Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Vitamin C, Folate, Iron, Zinc and Manganese, and a very good source of Vitamin D, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Copper and Selenium.

Read More http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2482/2#ixzz1S7pu5uXM

Here's a little info on Morel mushrooms which are found in Colorado among other places.

and though you won't generally find them wild in the US, the <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> mushroom besides being a very savory, edible fungus also has the following benefit: Lentinan, a compound isolated from shiitake, is used as an intravenous anticancer agent in some countries.Studies have demonstrated lentinan possesses antitumor properties, and human clinical studies have associated lentinan with a higher survival rate, higher quality of life, and lower recurrence of cancer.

Bring on the fungus!

Birdofsong

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:23 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 24 times
there's a fungus among us!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:23 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1083 times
TommyA wrote:
there's a fungus among us!

+1 :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

MtnKaraoke wrote:

I used to REALLY like the ones that grew on cow patties. They were GROOVY, man!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:06 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Moonrider wrote:
MtnKaraoke wrote:

I used to REALLY like the ones that grew on cow patties. They were GROOVY, man!

Yes but those had a little hallucinogenic property to them... ie: psilocybin mushrooms~ Although not all mushrooms that grow on the cowpile are psilocybin mushrooms some are edible and some are not. All of the mushrooms you buy in the store are grown in cow manure!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:57 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
Thunder wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:

1. I have never had to nor will I ever put out a tip jar to beg for my pay. I run a business I charge as a business and I am paid as a business. I turn down "tips" (bribes) every night!

As for knowing how to kill, dress, preserve, prepare and cook your food I would have thought that the military would have taught you that in simple survival training. These simple things and knowing how to identify what plants, fruits and fungus are safe to eat were things I was brought up with, it was just part of life.

:D It did teach me one important thing to know and respect your enemy, and don't get over confident. Oh and about the bribe thing, the one reason customers come to my show is that they know I run a strict rotation, not inserting my friends or relatives randomly in. They like the fact that I treat everyone with respect, and do my best to make their karaoke experience enjoyable. So if they want to throw something in the hat I have no problem with that, if they don't they will still get the same level of professional treatment. I know one thing also if we were both set out in a wilderness area with only a knife, I have no doubt I would make it back, I don't know about you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:33 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
:D It did teach me one important thing to know and respect your enemy, and don't get over confident. Oh and about the bribe thing, the one reason customers come to my show is that they know I run a strict rotation, not inserting my friends or relatives randomly in. They like the fact that I treat everyone with respect, and do my best to make their karaoke experience enjoyable. So if they want to throw something in the hat I have no problem with that, if they don't they will still get the same level of professional treatment. I know one thing also if we were both set out in a wilderness area with only a knife, I have no doubt I would make it back, I don't know about you.

LOL I guess you just never would know LOL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
The Lone Ranger wrote:

The Lone Ranger wrote:
:roll: You can believe what you want to... ...I will tell you this. I have a green Irish hat that I set out, quite often I have 20.00 tips in it, quite often I make a $100.00 a night in tips.

Ummmmmmm ????? Looks like I have another candidate for the ignore list!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:01 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Lonman wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
Thunder wrote:
timberlea wrote:
Moose burgers, droooooolll.

LOL Moose, Elk and Deer properly prepared is great eating!

:D You ought to know I've never tasted any of it, and as far a the young not eating anything and filling up booze, I just hope they don't up it into your speakers or amp.

Never had that happen in 20 years. Although one member here (that doesn't post very much anymore - Babs) had it happen to her stage once.

:shock: That would delay the show for sure.

:vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:
Would that make everyone sound like they are singing "Bubbly"? :roll: :oops:

...And if they sang it in french, would that be " Buble' ""? :mrgreen: :oops: :oops:

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:11 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

birdofsong wrote:
MtnKaraoke wrote:

and though you won't generally find them wild in the US, the <span style=font-size:10px><i>(@$%&#!)</i></span> mushroom besides being a very savory, edible fungus also has the following benefit: Lentinan, a compound isolated from shiitake, is used as an intravenous anticancer agent in some countries.Studies have demonstrated lentinan possesses antitumor properties, and human clinical studies have associated lentinan with a higher survival rate, higher quality of life, and lower recurrence of cancer.

Bring on the fungus!

Birdofsong

Finding Morel mushrooms is easy- just look for the ones that never do anything wrong..... :roll: :oops:

BTW- I would rather eat most bugs than a fresh tomato. Like eating a sack of vegetable snot.....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:21 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:

........ Now when someone declares you the King of Karaoke, or at least God then maybe I might take you serious, though I doubt it.

Well, he can't be King of Karaoke...... I'm not ready to abdicate yet....... :lol: :wink: 8)

As for the other- If you were to match his pic with some of those old renaissance paintings....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Murray C wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:

The Lone Ranger wrote:
:roll: You can believe what you want to... ...I will tell you this. I have a green Irish hat that I set out, quite often I have 20.00 tips in it, quite often I make a $100.00 a night in tips.

EDIT: See Thunders post below.

Last edited by Wall Of Sound on Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Murray C wrote:

Murray, it looks like a mis-quote the first one, belongs to me and has been my stance since I first started in this business.

Quote:

The second one you quoted belongs to Brian.

The Lone Ranger wrote:

I don't know how he does it but somehow he gets a lot of quotes mixed up when he repost them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:24 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 204 times
Thunder:

It is apparent to me that Lone Ranger does not preview his posts before submitting. I've noticed that there are frequent errors in the cut & paste of quotes.

It is a simple step, that is often overlooked.

However, when you are quoting someone, it is essential that you do it correctly.

At a minimum it is courteous and considerate of the other participants.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next