KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Auditing Dilemma Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Auditing Dilemma
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:20 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
RLC wrote:
c. staley wrote:
Do you require a mechanic to prove to you that the tools he uses were purchased by him?

Of course he does,after all he is W.O.S.! He also demands that the restrantuer prove that they purchased the food he is about to eat, in fact not only that, the restrantuer must also prove they have purchased all the food in the kitchen for every item on the menu!

It is apparent that you have never worked in a restaurant, everything sold in that establishment has to have a trackable origin (billing invoice).

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:33 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 17 times
Thunder wrote:
RLC wrote:
c. staley wrote:
Do you require a mechanic to prove to you that the tools he uses were purchased by him?

Of course he does,after all he is W.O.S.! He also demands that the restrantuer prove that they purchased the food he is about to eat, in fact not only that, the restrantuer must also prove they have purchased all the food in the kitchen for every item on the menu!

It is apparent that you have never worked in a restaurant, everything sold in that establishment has to have a trackable origin (billing invoice).

But is all that billing invoice information any business of the patrons who eat there or the vendors/suppliers they buy from?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:42 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hiteck wrote:
Thunder wrote:
RLC wrote:
c. staley wrote:

But is all that billing invoice information any business of the patrons who eat there or the vendors/suppliers they buy from?

Yes it is there for the vendors, suppliers and health department. As it is their business, just like it is the business of the karaoke manus (and courts) when it comes to what we are using.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:50 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thunder wrote:
Yes it is there for the vendors, suppliers and health department. As it is their business, just like it is the business of the karaoke manus (and courts) when it comes to what we are using.

Doubt I'd get very far walking into a restaurant demanding to see their invoices for the products I was about to purchase.

What about invoices for the furniture, dinnerware, appliances used to cook them? Do you think I'd should have access to that info as well?

Pretty sure best case scenario I'd be politely asked to place an order or leave.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hiteck wrote:
Thunder wrote:

Doubt I'd get very far walking into a restaurant demanding to see their invoices for the products I was about to purchase.

What about invoices for the furniture, dinnerware, appliances used to cook them? Do you think I'd should have access to that info as well?

Pretty sure best case scenario I'd be politely asked to place an order or leave.

So you really think as the supplier or health department inspector that you would be asked to order or leave? It has been my experience that the owners, managers and employees do everything in their power to see to it that they get access to everything they want to look at, up to and including crawling around on their hands and knees.

If you were running a restuarant I don't think you would be in business much past the first inspection.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thunder wrote:
hiteck wrote:
Thunder wrote:

So you really think as the supplier or health department inspector that you would be asked to order or leave? It has been my experience that the owners, managers and employees do everything in their power to see to it that they get access to everything they want to look at, up to and including crawling around on their hands and knees.

If you were running a restuarant I don't think you would be in business much past the first inspection.

I was referring to me walking in and asking for that.

The health department is a little different, there are laws in place that require access for those visits, but that's because they're selling consumables to the general public. What exactly is the health department looking for though? Pretty sure it's not the invoice for their equipment, rather ensuring health code regulations.

As long as the vendor and supplier is being paid for their products why would they care what the restaurant does with it and again are they entitled to that info?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:05 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hiteck wrote:
Thunder wrote:
hiteck wrote:
Thunder wrote:

I was referring to me walking in and asking for that.

The health department is a little different, there are laws in place that require access for those visits, but that's because they're selling consumables to the general public. What exactly is the health department looking for though? Pretty sure it's not the invoice for their equipment, rather ensuring health code regulations.

As long as the vendor and supplier is being paid for their products why would they care what the restaurant does with it and again are they entitled to that info?

Most food suppliers for restaurants have exclusive deals with a particular business to use their products ie: meat vegatables fruit etc. at least the ones my wife has managed. They don't care who's product you prepare it on.

The karaoke manus don't care what computer or program you play their product on as long as you have purchased the product you are using from them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

hiteck wrote:

If I suspected that these items may have been stolen from me, yes. However, I would have to go through whatever legal recourse required such as calling the police to do an investigation which may lead to warrants etc...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:48 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
Wall Of Sound wrote:
hiteck wrote:

If I suspected that these items may have been stolen from me, yes. However, I would have to go through whatever legal recourse required such as calling the police to do an investigation which may lead to warrants etc...

Agreed. However, we disagree on the validity of what SC calls an "investigation". Other than that, there would be no problems, and no real debate.

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:30 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

JoeChartreuse wrote:
Wall Of Sound wrote:
hiteck wrote:

Agreed. However, we disagree on the validity of what SC calls an "investigation". Other than that, there would be no problems, and no real debate.

That's right because you know nothing about the SC investigations like I do. My discussion is informed because I have assisted SC in recruiting licensed P.I.'s. Yours is merely assumption & speculation based on a little public information of a small number of KJs who were accused & later found to be in compliance.

I suggest you read this post, if you haven't already, from someone who knows more about the process than I.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=21812

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:37 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Wall Of Sound wrote:
JoeChartreuse wrote:
Wall Of Sound wrote:
hiteck wrote:

That's right because you know nothing about the SC investigations like I do. My discussion is informed because I have assisted SC in recruiting licensed P.I.'s. Yours is merely assumption & speculation based on a little public information of a small number of KJs who were accused & later found to be in compliance.

I suggest you read this post, if you haven't already, from someone who knows more about the process than I.

You know nothing, and never have. You are playing spy VS spy, and the only info you have is whatever Kurt decides to put out. You are also not making friends in your area, are you?

As for the hosts accused and found innocent, I ask one question: Why?

Why was a disc based show accused of running off of a PC ( or CAVS) when no one EVER SAW IT HAPPEN?- because no one investigated.

Why was it reported by "witnesses" That a certain host was doing the same on a certain date at a certain venue- when that host had STOPPED WORKING AT THAT VENUE MONTHS EARLIER.- because someone lied, after the name of the host had been taken from an old website. No one investigated.

Why was Athena named, when proven innocent?. Because one of her competitors sent her name in- and no one investigated.

Tell me different, explain it logically, or get a bigger, better shovel please.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:25 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

JoeChartreuse wrote:
Wall Of Sound wrote:
JoeChartreuse wrote:
Wall Of Sound wrote:
hiteck wrote:

You know nothing, and never have. You are playing spy VS spy, and the only info you have is whatever Kurt decides to put out. You are also not making friends in your area, are you?

Heh Heh, if you only knew!

Yep, all my friends are helping spy for me & I have a lot of them!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:00 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Wall Of Sound wrote:

Hence my description of someone playing Spy vs Spy. Kinda makes ya feel important, does it?

The name's Wall.... Wall Of Sound. Likes his Mountain Dew shaken, not stirred... SC007..... Reports to "K"...

Yup, got it.... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:20 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

JoeChartreuse wrote:
Wall Of Sound wrote:

Hence my description of someone playing Spy vs Spy. Kinda makes ya feel important, does it?

The name's Wall.... Wall Of Sound. Likes his Mountain Dew shaken, not stirred... SC007..... Reports to "K"...

And we thoroughly enjoy sending our info to APS & Associates who is not playing around like, according to you, I am! :D

http://www.apsandassociates.com/soundchoice/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:15 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 118 times
JoeChartreuse wrote:
Wall Of Sound wrote:

Just as long as he feels important.

Birdofsong

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:00 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
JoeChartreuse wrote:
Wall Of Sound wrote:
JoeChartreuse wrote:
Wall Of Sound wrote:
hiteck wrote:

As for the hosts accused and found innocent, I ask one question: Why?

Why was a disc based show accused of running off of a PC ( or CAVS) when no one EVER SAW IT HAPPEN?- because no one investigated.

Why was it reported by "witnesses" That a certain host was doing the same on a certain date at a certain venue- when that host had STOPPED WORKING AT THAT VENUE MONTHS EARLIER.- because someone lied, after the name of the host had been taken from an old website. No one investigated.

Why was Athena named, when proven innocent?. Because one of her competitors sent her name in- and no one investigated.

Tell me different, explain it logically, or get a bigger, better shovel please.

Joe
I have to pop in here and reply to this post.
XXXXXX Hopping up on my soapbox XXXXXXXX
Some of the things you have posted may have happened in the early days of SC's investigations, personally I think they may have hired investigators that had no idea or concept of what karaoke even was...let alone how to tell a legal show from a illegal show but they have learned from and adjusted with each stumble....I know for a fact that the investigations now here in my little piece of Florida are being handled much more fully than when we were investigated...over a year before receiving the letter of intent. I know that neither SC or CB want to catch any innocent parties in the process and are investigating multiple times the same venues/hosts before filing lawsuits and doing everything they can to get the word out to Venues/Hosts/Singer what is and what isn't legal. Yes we were proven to be in compliance with the 1-1 policy during our audits but we had not received permission to do the media shift. SC and CB are not just companies....they are run by people....people make mistakes. I am not posting this to make myself feel important but in the hopes that everyone stop for a minute and think about how you would feel if everything you have done wrong in your life was continuously brought up and used against you....personally I have known many relationships that have ended because of actions like these....and while not personal, in order for karaoke manus to continue to produce music for Us the hosts to play we need to have a stable relationship with them. If you choose not to buy and use SC/CB/Stellar products that is ok...If you choose to stay disc based that is ok too but I think most would agree that the thieves have to be stopped or no manufacture will have any reason to produce new music....would you continue to work at a job and only be paid for 1/10th of your pay?
XXXXXXXX OK off my soapbox now XXXXXX

Lee McGuffey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:31 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
Wall Of Sound wrote:
And we thoroughly enjoy sending our info to APS & Associates who is not playing around like, according to you, I am!

I'm surprised that with all the pirates being reported and run out of town, you don't have more work? (How's that shiny "certification" working out for you?)

You have all this time on your hands to do "recruiting?".... Are you getting paid for it?

If you're not, you should be... You have an entire system loaded with expensive SC material that sits in a corner doing nothing while you work for them? Why aren't you getting lots of calls for $250 and up jobs like your buddy Thunder?

Are you in the karaoke business or have you switched to full time "spy work?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:02 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 582 times
kjathena wrote:
Joe
I have to pop in here and reply to this post.
XXXXXX Hopping up on my soapbox XXXXXXXX
Some of the things you have posted may have happened in the early days of SC's investigations, personally I think they may have hired investigators that had no idea or concept of what karaoke even was...let alone how to tell a legal show from a illegal show but they have learned from and adjusted with each stumble....I know for a fact that the investigations now here in my little piece of Florida are being handled much more fully than when we were investigated...over a year before receiving the letter of intent. I know that neither SC or CB want to catch any innocent parties in the process and are investigating multiple times the same venues/hosts before filing lawsuits and doing everything they can to get the word out to Venues/Hosts/Singer what is and what isn't legal. Yes we were proven to be in compliance with the 1-1 policy during our audits but we had not received permission to do the media shift. SC and CB are not just companies....they are run by people....people make mistakes.

More flag-waving, excuse-making, bull$hit in my opinion. SC and CB have both made MILLIONS off karaoke hosts over the years... not thousands, not hundreds of thousands, but MILLIONS. And they've been sued for pirating not thousands, or hundreds of thousands but MILLIONS of dollars worth of other people's work.

How about you? Have you made hundreds of thousands? A couple million perhaps?

Don't you think that they would know better than to hire unqualified people to "investigate" for them? You're simply attempting to whitewash them to make them seem as though they are conscionable people. They're not. They're attorney works on commission and they recruit karaoke hosts to "snitch on each other" so they can have an opportunity at another sale.

kjathena wrote:
I am not posting this to make myself feel important but in the hopes that everyone stop for a minute and think about how you would feel if everything you have done wrong in your life was continuously brought up and used against you....personally I have known many relationships that have ended because of actions like these....and while not personal, in order for karaoke manus to continue to produce music for Us the hosts to play we need to have a stable relationship with them.

Handing them money is the only relationship they want but you haven't figured that out yet. It's simple really:
#1. have they sued KJ's? - Yes.
#2. have they sued "legal" KJ's? - yes.
#3. Has a single suit they've filed since 2009 ever gone into a court room? No. And this includes DanDanTheTaxiMan...
#4. Do they want you to buy their products? - Yes.
#5. Do they want you to pay them again just to be able to use them? -Yes. CB is $200 per year.

It's simply crap and you know it. Pirating HUNDREDS of songs for YEARS and getting sued for it isn't a "mistake" and you know it. And either is their "investigative techniques" which save them a lot of money if morons will do their bidding and spy for free. You get what you pay for don't you?

These manufacturers sat on their butts for years, doing nothing about the "piracy problem" until it affected them in the wallet. Now they're all gung ho about it? WTF? They are the ones that enabled it in the first place because even though they had a crystal clear opportunity to curb this problem years ago, they refused. And now, it's come back to bite them in the rear end. Wah, wah.... :bawling: Kind of late to change it now don't you think?

kjathena wrote:
If you choose not to buy and use SC/CB/Stellar products that is ok...If you choose to stay disc based that is ok too but I think most would agree that the thieves have to be stopped or no manufacture will have any reason to produce new music....would you continue to work at a job and only be paid for 1/10th of your pay?
XXXXXXXX OK off my soapbox now XXXXXX

Why would you continue to work at 1/10th of your pay? That would be under $20 bucks by the way...

Are you stuck in a situation where you're living paycheck to paycheck? This is not anyone else's problem but your own if you are. The "manus" don't give diddly squat if you've purchased every disc on the planet, they don't care if you're the best host on the planet either.

What they do care about is whether or not you will continue to give them money and buy their "certification" for $200 a year... and if you're dumb enough to pay this kind of "tax on the stupid" (or should it be called "tax on the intimidated?) then that's entirely up to you.

But don't try to paint them as though they are unknowing little victimized pleebs, they know exactly what they've done and what they're doing.

Pointing it out when it happens to those that don't know is simply another form of "industry education."

And after all, isn't "education" in there somewhere near the top of your list?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:17 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Ah, i should've figured i'd stop in and see the same select few spouting nonsense. It's still you against the manufacturers trying to recover their losses. By Staley's own words it's their own fault their property was stolen because they didn't act sooner? That's really what you're going with?

If you buy your music and operate a legal business then what is the point of being so up in arms about the matter. If you have some skeletons in your closet and are up to a little illegal activity then i completely understand your fears. But to keep bashing these manufacturers for finally stepping up and recovering some of their losses is absurd. And you use Athena as an example as being an innocent caught up in this? I ask you which side of the fence is she on now? Does she seem bitter, upset even? Must not be as terrible at you assumed it would or should be. Could it be, these manufacturers are actually people and not the heartless, uncaring monsters you perceive them to be?

It isn't the innocent KJ's that are paying these settlements, it's those who have STOLEN. Nothing to be upset about there, move along and spend your time on your own business and making sure your conscience is clear.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:01 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

c. staley wrote:
karaoke hosts to "snitch on each other"

I love doing this.

BTW, where are your shows?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next