KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - What is an audit I keep reading about? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:47 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
Chartbuster Karaoke @ Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:45 am wrote:
Karaoke Kelley @ Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:37 pm wrote:
Now I'm lost on how you request an audit. How do you do this? thanks :)

As for Chartbuster, it's an easy process, and we can do the whole thing over Skype if you like.

You can visit us at http://www.chartbusterkaraoke.com/kjs and click on "Become a Certified KJ", or you can call us at 1-865-577-6000 extension 524, or call our toll-free number at 1-800-347-5504 and ask for Paula Riffle.

Good info thank you so much :) Will be doing this soon ! Been crazy here, my ill mother in law is moving in with us & we are getting her set up with Dr.s & all.

[shadow=black][scroll]You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself....KD Lang[/scroll][/shadow]

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:15 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
DannyG2006 @ Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:58 am wrote:
To find out whether they have been audited by Sound Choice go to this link:
http://www.soundchoicestore.com/certifi ... pg-69.html

Wow, I was expecting to see a long list of certified hosts by SC. I counted only 12, and only three settled. Am I missing a page? I thought they were active in pursuing the pirates? By the way, Danny - congrats on being certified.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:41 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
Brian I agree.
after reading all year about how passionate everyone is about Piracey I was expecting to see everyone of their names up there. I see Dannyg, and paradigm.
it will sure help their bussiness and I plan on printing that page as well and adding it to my cold call lounge package if I seek out any new Karaoke Gigs.
My name will be moving up to that list this week as soon as Kurt signs my form.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:42 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Kelley
all is good . im not exactly what you would call Comptition Im a friend :)
Hope to come out to one of your shows soon
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:24 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Brian A @ Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:15 am wrote:
DannyG2006 @ Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:58 am wrote:
To find out whether they have been audited by Sound Choice go to this link:
http://www.soundchoicestore.com/certifi ... pg-69.html

Wow, I was expecting to see a long list of certified hosts by SC. I counted only 12, and only three settled. Am I missing a page? I thought they were active in pursuing the pirates? By the way, Danny - congrats on being certified.

There are many that have settled but settling doesn't always mean you get moved to that list.

As far as being so few legit people that passed the audits that can be explained easily..... there are very few legit operators out here, why would a pirate even want to submit to an audit until he is forced to. As more and more suits are filed you will see more of the legit operators coming forward for audits in advance, and more and more pirates either leaving the business or settling..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:57 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Virgin Karaoke @ Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:24 am wrote:

There are many that have settled but settling doesn't always mean you get moved to that list.

As far as being so few legit people that passed the audits that can be explained easily..... there are very few legit operators out here, why would a pirate even want to submit to an audit until he is forced to. As more and more suits are filed you will see more of the legit operators coming forward for audits in advance, and more and more pirates either leaving the business or settling..

Good explanation, VK. Thanks. I guess I was just taken aback from all the hoopla & the legalities discussed here for what I believe almost two years now.

With the big hype covered in this forum concerning pirate audits & SC visits from one state to another I was expecting a longer list of certified kj’s. That goes to show there really are very few legits in the playing field.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:39 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
There are those "legits" that feel that any audit done is a violation of their rights. But c'mon, if you're legit why fight something that can benefit you in the end.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Im on the list now :)
(listening for the Phone to ring) I say this because two of my old venues called me today and said they recieved letters from SC today about Safe Harbour. My price just went up $50.00

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:47 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

mroctober @ Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:34 pm wrote:
(listening for the Phone to ring) I say this because two of my old venues called me today and said they recieved letters from SC today about Safe Harbour. My price just went up $50.00

Good for you. They don't know a good thing until it's gone. You're bargaining position just got better. I hope you get what you're worth. Congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

mroctober @ Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:34 pm wrote:

I was gonna use a few emoticons congratulating you but they wont work for some reason.. so I'll just give ya *cyber hugs* & *high fives* ! Yay Sound Choice too !

[shadow=black][scroll]You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself....KD Lang[/scroll][/shadow]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:43 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

mroctober @ Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:42 am wrote:
Kelley
all is good . im not exactly what you would call Comptition Im a friend :)
Hope to come out to one of your shows soon
Michael

Very sweet! Thank you! Again, I hope to come to one of yours soon too!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:37 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
Kelley, I hope you find the audit process as painless as I did...get your certifcations and be ready for the increased business that will occur as the piracy rated decline.....it may not be a quick fight but it will be a sucessful one

Athena

Lee McGuffey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:04 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

kjathena @ Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:37 am wrote:
Kelley, I hope you find the audit process as painless as I did...get your certifcations and be ready for the increased business that will occur as the piracy rated decline.....it may not be a quick fight but it will be a sucessful one

Athena

Thanks! Im really happy that something..anything...is being done. Ive seen a decrease in my business every year since opening year & I just cant stand how many "wanna be's" there are out there spending MY profit knowing they didnt "work" as hard as I did to succeed. Im hoping to do the audit this month sometime like I said my ill mom in law is coming to live with us & Im swamped with taking care of her. I reallly appreciate everyone here at KS/SS . You all have helped me with so much! Thank you all!