KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - I'd like to be the FIRST Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: I'd like to be the FIRST
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:21 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 20 times
I'd like to be the FIRST person on this forum to REQUEST that ANYONE responding to ANY of MY THREADS, please refrain from giving ME free LEGAL ADVICE. If I want LEGAL ADVICE, I'll hire a LAWYER. It REALLY gets frustrating to have EVERY post that a person makes, turn into a LEGAL DEBATE. I already know as much as ANYONE ELSE about the legalities of our business. So, in the future, UNLESS I post my thread in the Karaoke Legalities Section of the forum, if ALL you have to offer is YOUR LEGAL OPINION, on the subject I've posted, PLEASE SAVE YOUR BREATH. If you want to discuss the LEGAL ASPECTS of a subject that (I) post, START YOUR OWN THREAD on that subject. I'm sick of getting MY THREADS moved to the LEGAL section, because A FEW on this forum feel the need to BEAT THE DEAD HORSE a few more times. Instead of HIGHJACKING everyone elses threads ABOUT KARAOKE, why don't YOU post some threads ABOUT KARAOKE, or ONLY RESPOND TO THREADS IN THE (LEGAL SECTION). Thank you in advance for your cooperation. While I'm on the subject, (for the moderators), is there a way that I can delete responses to my threads?

Rosario
Serenity Now Karaoke

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:30 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
Hear hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th6PW5Vw ... re=related

What?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:37 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Jerry, I watched the link, didn't get it. Anyone who watches it, PLEASE don't try to explain it to me, as I know it will be a LEGAL ISSUE. Thank You.

Rosario

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:20 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Why are you making a post concerning legal issues if you don't want to be answered with legal opinion?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

This is NOT a post concerning LEGAL ISSUES. It is a thread about the "LEGAL TEAM" HIGHJACKING everyone's threads, and MAKING THEM a legal issue thread. I don't need ANY type of LEGAL advice on this (or any other) thread that (I) post. As I've already said, if they want to play LEGAL EAGLE, take it to the appropriate section of the forum. Thank you very much.

Rosario
Serenity Now Karaoke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:57 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 172 times
:lol: Yes there's some people on here, that think they know what's legal even before a court rules on it.....but always, what they're doing is perfectly within the law....I've said it before, we all fall a bit short of that ol' Karaoke god in the sky... :lol: ....they also don't hesitate to tell you your stuff sucks, or you're hooking up, or doing something completely wrong......I love them anyway, but now you see why I always post perverted or suggestive stuff(of course also because I am a pervert... :twisted: ). They don't tell me it's illegal, or....lmao....I'm doing it all wrong. They usually don't respond, and my posts usually mean death to a post.
The vast majority of people on here are awesome, and nobody forces anyone to read a post they don't like or agree with. Same when you post.....you may not like the replys you get.....so we post at our own risk. Some people have a huge pitching arm, but only a tiny catcher's glove......don't let it get to you, my friend.... :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:10 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

srnitynow @ Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:37 pm wrote:
I know it will be a LEGAL ISSUE.

No mate. It's called Irony.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:05 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

srnitynow @ Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:21 pm wrote:
I'd like to be the FIRST person on this forum to REQUEST that ANYONE responding to ANY of MY THREADS, please refrain from giving ME free LEGAL ADVICE.

Maybe you should get a restraining order.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:24 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Sometimes the advice are for other people that may not have known about any possible issues, the people using the items are obviously going to believe their stuff is legal regardless.
That's part of forum participation, sometimes things are going to be brought up in threads. We'd prefer it remain civil even when jumping in to convey possible issues legally.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:27 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
good idea Rosario.....lets not turn every thread into a legal one. This room was formed for the purpose of discussing legality...let the others be

Athena

Lee McGuffey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:28 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

ROTFLMAO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:31 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 146 times
kjathena @ Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:27 pm wrote:
good idea Rosario.....lets not turn every thread into a legal one. This room was formed for the purpose of discussing legality...let the others be

Athena

Huh? I'm slow but old. Is that legal?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

srnitynow @ Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:31 pm wrote:
This is NOT a post concerning LEGAL ISSUES. It is a thread about the "LEGAL TEAM" HIGHJACKING everyone's threads, and MAKING THEM a legal issue thread. I don't need ANY type of LEGAL advice on this (or any other) thread that (I) post. As I've already said, if they want to play LEGAL EAGLE, take it to the appropriate section of the forum. Thank you very much.

Rosario
Serenity Now Karaoke

Then why post it in a forum with the title > Karaoke Legalities, Piracy and more...?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:48 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 330 times
Virgin Karaoke @ Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:34 pm wrote:
srnitynow @ Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:31 pm wrote:

Rosario
Serenity Now Karaoke

Then why post it in a forum with the title > Karaoke Legalities, Piracy and more...?

Because it got moves here by the admins. Thar ya be,, jumping to conclusions.. Pretty good exercise eh? Just kidding!!

I for one have to agree with the original post to a point. Many of the questions that an OP posts gets twisted around into a legal battle of words and opinions. Many of which have nothing to do with the question at hand! If someone feels the "need" to hijack a thread for whatever reason that comes along, I think they should just start a thread of their own.

Some users here feel the "need" to change the world to conform to them. I am not saying that is a bad thing at all. Quite the opposite, it's how some good things happen sometimes, but it should NEVER be at the expense of someones feelings or ridicule for asking a question.

"I'd like to be the FIRST"... to apologize to Rosario for anything that any of us (me included) have done to offend you. Sincerely.

Scott

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:23 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

mrscott @ Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:48 pm wrote:
"I'd like to be the FIRST"... to apologize to Rosario for anything that any of us (me included) have done to offend you. Sincerely.
Scott

Ok (says Jerry dragging his heals)
I will be the second to apologise.
But it was funny.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:56 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

No apologies necessary, but I thank you for them. The fact that this thread was moved to the Legal area of the forum serves to prove my point for this whole thread. I wanted to make a statement due to several of my threads being highjacked and being moved to the legal section. No matter what subject they were about, SOMEONE always turned it into a LEGAL issue, after all, this is a KARAOKE FORUM. I finally got irritated enough, hense the post. Maybe things will change, but that is yet to be seen.

Rosario
SerenityNow Karaoke