KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - One of my BEST investments Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:55 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 20 times
A few months ago, I purchased the DK MILLENIUM 1&2 on SCDG. I converted them to zip files. WITHOUT EXCEPTION, (IMO) one of the best investments that I've made for my karaoke business. So far, if I need to make a decision on which version to choose (on the spot), I know I won't be disappointed by the DK version. Depending on the song, I'd put them against ANY other manu. I'm not saying that they're the BEST of all, but are DEFINATELY worth the investment. I can't think of ANY other collection that gives you this kind of bang for your buck. I know some of you HATE DK because of the (flute), etc, but as for me, I LOVE this collection.

Rosario
Serenity Now Karaoke

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:08 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
I love it, too! It's a great collection for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 122 times
I also like DK. While I think Sound Choice and Chartbuster are sometimes better musically, the DK versions tend to be easy to sing along with.

And some of their tracks are the best going. Particularly when saxophone or organ is involved. (Their lead guitars don't come close to Sound Choice, but nothing does.) DK's Glen Campbell cuts Wichita Lineman, Rhinestone Cowboy, and Gentle On My Mind blow away the Sound Choice versions.

Some people don't like the pan flute, but I find that if you are on key and on time you don't even notice it. I suppose if you were in the habit of putting your own spin on the tune or the timing, it could get annoying.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:05 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 17 times
I would love to add to my personal library (home system). Is there a difference in the SCDG's over CDG's. Do they require a special player? I've recently moved to pc based system at home, but wasn't sure what I'd need to rip SCDG's and convert to cdg/bin files for my player.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:19 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I use CDGFIX to convert them, but there are others. SCDG's can also be played in a CAVS player. I have one of those also, the CAVS 203G, but once they're converted, they play on the computer, just like any other format.

Rosario

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:45 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
I didn't think these SCDG were legal but I could be wrong

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:48 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
Virtually all SCDG's are not legal.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:53 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
From what I understand, technically, no CDG converted to play on a computer is legal.

Out of curiosity, what is 'illegal' about SCDG?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:59 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
Well fist of all I think that DK has been out of business for a while so any SCDG of their stuff would have to have been made by someone who did not have the rights to do so.

I don't think that DK every made any SCDG's so any out there would be illegal, but then again I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:02 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

theCheese @ Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:53 pm wrote:
From what I understand, technically, no CDG converted to play on a computer is legal.

Out of curiosity, what is 'illegal' about SCDG?

No CD+G without written permission from the manufacturers is legal to play on your computer commercially. It all comes back to all rights reserved.

The manufacturers won't agree to allowing you to format shift their products unless you go through an audit.
from CB:
You may not shift the Content of the Original Media to any Non-Original Medium unless you are in compliance with our media-shifting policy:

Provided that such media-shifting is otherwise in compliance with the laws of the United States or Canada (as applicable), you may shift the Content stored on each of the Original Media to ONE Non-Original Medium of your choice.
You must maintain possession of the Original Media whose Content you have shifted during the entire time the Content is stored on the Non-Original Medium.
While the Content has been shifted, you may not use the Original Media for any purpose, commercial or otherwise.
If you desire to shift the Content of any of the Original Media to more than one Non-Original Medium, you must acquire one or more additional original discs, so that you maintain a 1-to-1 relationship between original discs and the non-original media.
Media shifting for commercial purposes is only permitted with the express written consent of Chartbuster Karaoke. To obtain written permission you must consent to an audit of your commercial system(s).
[removed contact info

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:19 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
DannyG2006 @ Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:02 pm wrote:
theCheese @ Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:53 pm wrote:
No CD+G without written permission from the manufacturers is legal to play on your computer commercially. It all comes back to all rights reserved.

The manufacturers won't agree to allowing you to format shift their products unless you go through an audit.
from CB:
You may not shift the Content of the Original Media to any Non-Original Medium unless you are in compliance with our media-shifting policy:

Provided that such media-shifting is otherwise in compliance with the laws of the United States or Canada (as applicable), you may shift the Content stored on each of the Original Media to ONE Non-Original Medium of your choice.
You must maintain possession of the Original Media whose Content you have shifted during the entire time the Content is stored on the Non-Original Medium.
While the Content has been shifted, you may not use the Original Media for any purpose, commercial or otherwise.
If you desire to shift the Content of any of the Original Media to more than one Non-Original Medium, you must acquire one or more additional original discs, so that you maintain a 1-to-1 relationship between original discs and the non-original media.
Media shifting for commercial purposes is only permitted with the express written consent of Chartbuster Karaoke. To obtain written permission you must consent to an audit of your commercial system(s).
[removed contact info

Here we go again! S#*t is gonna hit the fan again for round # (can't remember how many). I'll take cover & be on the sidelines. The rest, get ready to fire away. :lol:

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:00 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
the licensing for DK in the U.S. was purchased may years ago and has long expired. as far as i know it expired before the millenium was released so ANY millenium series are produced without licensing just like the CB SCDG sets that were produced after licensing expired. not only are they not good to be converted, but t5hey are not even good to use with a disc player as they are the same as copies.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:43 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I think some of you guys need to get a life. It's pretty bad that no matter what topic is posted turns into a legal battle (that never gets resolved). If all of the SCDGs were illegal, why isn't Chartbuster getting a court ordered injunction to have ALL of their SCDGs PULLED from Ebay, as well as everywhere else. It seems as if no matter what a karaoke host does to create a good "and legal" library, some of you have to find something wrong with it. First of all, NONE of you know (first hand)whether these SCDGs are legal, or not. You're giving YOUR opinion. Personally, i could give a sh!t less about YOUR opinion of whether YOU think the SCDGs I bought are legal, or not. Until I see someone representing DK, or Chartbuster taking some kind of REAL legal action against the suppliers, and I see some kind of OFFICIAL notice that so-and-so company was illegally supplying these SCDGs, and are being prosecuted CRIMINALLY, I'll do what I think is good for my business. In case you're wondering why "the attitude", because as I stated before, it's getting sickening that NO MATTER WHAT subject is posted on this forum, SOME OF YOU have to turn it into a LEGAL debate. If you're so obsessed with LEGAL ISSUES, why don't you get up off your A$$E$, and go study law, to become a lawyer, and leave the karaoke business to us peons who just want to have a nice little business, and enjoy our job.

Rosario
Serenity Now Karaoke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:58 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
Amen!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:28 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

You don't want to mess with Rosario!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:07 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

They are in the process of trying to find out a second party that were given access to the masters and are producing the illegal copies. Just because there is no legal trail right now doesn't mean that nothing is being done.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:02 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

In another world....a world misunderstood...came the one thing that could change the fate of humanity...and that one thing is...

Attachments:
Logo Template - Logo_69.png
Logo Template - Logo_69.png [ 143.11 KiB | Viewed 29044 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:24 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I love it Alan. But I wouldn't DARE use it. You know, that would be ILLEGAL, because I don't know who created it, and that would be piracy. I also don't know if it is legal for COMMERCIAL USE. Of course you know I'm joking, GREAT job. Danny, YOU surely seem to have the INSIDE SCOOP of EVERYTHING that is being done in each situation, YOU are one of the people that I was referring to when I mentioned about people on this forum that should be going to law school instead of sitting on your A$$, screwing up everybody's threads with your LEGAL BULL SH!T. In the future, I would appreciate, if all you have to offer is LEGAL ADVICE, PLEASE don't bother to respond to MY threads. As you can see, the thread had NOTHING to do with (IS DK LEGAL?) So, unless I ask for your LEGAL advice, PLEASE don't give it to ME.

Rosario
Serenity Now Karaoke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:30 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

srnitynow @ Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:24 am wrote:
I love it Alan. But I wouldn't DARE use it.
Serenity Now Karaoke

You have my express permission to use it. Don't worry, I won't sue. lol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:45 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
Well aside from all the legal issues, I have owned the DKK library for a long time it was the first set of cdg's I ever purchased. They are top notch karaoke discs. I also own a pretty good amount of Sound Choice discs and I also prefer many of the DKK over SC. Not every song mind you but I think they are every bit as good as SC. As far as the flute background If you are singing in key and time you will never hear it.
Just my 2 cents worth folks.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile