KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Dear Chartbuster, Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Dear Chartbuster,
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:16 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 81 times
The graphics problem really got bad when CB started shipping CDR's rather than pressed discs. A lot of machines had problems with reading the burned discs even brand new right out of the jewel case. Plus the CDR's don't hold up anywhere near as long as a regular disc.

From what I've seen it's still a crap shoot whether you get a CDR or a pressed disc when you buy a CB disc.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:26 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
karaokegod73 @ Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:12 am wrote:
I'm betting there were many complaints that led to the way the swipes are done now. The screen was never refreshed, so if you played off a worn disk that had graphic glitches, the words could become completely unreadable before the end of the song...
Actually from what was explained in other forums after they had switched was that their original program had upgraded & lost support to the older format.
Keep the discs in working order and no problems. I have discs 20 years old without a single glitch that swipe that way - to me that is not an excuse!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:52 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 7 times
I've drawn our IT department's attention to all the comments here, and I'm sure that they'll address them going forward. The only way we'll ever improve our offerings and website is with the honest feedback of the users, so we thank you very much for taking the time to detail your experiences for us.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:07 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 294 times
I agree with KarenB that the more recent discs don't play as well nor last as long. People keep saying just take care of them better but I think these are people who play them once to rip them and then don't end up playing them night after night. I have 10 year old discs that do still play fine but the new ones seem to mess up after just a few plays. I am not specifically referring to Chartbuster but in general, especially with some of the Custom discs. We have 3 different brands of players, one ancient and two new so I don't think it is just the players, either.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:08 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
I want to thank all of you for your comments. We are actively seeking ways to make the website a better experience and realize that your input is very important in achieving that goal. Please feel free to email us with any suggestions, problems or complaints and we will be glad to help. Send emails to: info@chartbusterkaraoke.com

Some items we are currently working on for the website:
Speed of the site - we are reworking the way our database is proceesed. It is massive in size due to the number of products and tracks that we have. This will help with overall speed of the site, searches, and allow us to add more features.
Coming Soon - we are looking into adding this feature
Custom Karaoke - we are building a single page interface that will allow you to create your custom karaoke all from one page.
Digital Downloads - we are building the same interface for digital downloads that we are building for custom karaoke.
Monthly Subscriptions - this is in the process of being added as well

Hope this helps, look forward to hearing from you.

Todd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:10 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

As long as we are at it--background singers--some of CBs background singers are just overpowering. "In Color" comes to mind. That guy is way too loud.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:02 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Okay--the good news is that I ordered a Custom from CB on Tuesday and even just by Media Mail, it still arrived in time for the Friday show. Amazing.

HOWEVER--those darn background singers--just played The Script's "Breakeven" and at the end, the singer's part is taken over by a very loud background singer and the singer is switched to singing the background. Guess CB presumed that a singer couldn't handle doing the bit of improvising against the chorus at the end? It really throws you off when you grab that breath to go a bit higher and instead some pre-recorded guy jumps in and steals the thunder.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:04 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 17 times
leopard lizard @ Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:02 pm wrote:
Okay--the good news is that I ordered a Custom from CB on Tuesday and even just by Media Mail, it still arrived in time for the Friday show. Amazing.

HOWEVER--those darn background singers--just played The Script's "Breakeven" and at the end, the singer's part is taken over by a very loud background singer and the singer is switched to singing the background. Guess CB presumed that a singer couldn't handle doing the bit of improvising against the chorus at the end? It really throws you off when you grab that breath to go a bit higher and instead some pre-recorded guy jumps in and steals the thunder.

Just ordered a disc with that track and am disappointed to hear that's what I can expect.

Now if I had ordered a Milli Vanilli artist disc, I'd expect to have the lead vocals present.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:39 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

It's a commen thing to do, even on other brands--another that comes to mind is Sugarland/Bon Jovi "Who Says You Can't Go Home" where they have put in her voice doing all of the improvising near the end. Also Zoom's version of Pnik's "Please Don't Leave Me" has the singer stick to the chorus rather than deviate from it. Those two I don't mind so much but this one really jumps the gun. It basically has the pre-recorded voice take over the song.