KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Sound Choice really upset this guy! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:49 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Spankme99 @ Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:19 pm wrote:
Loneavenger, I didn't catch your name. I will do my damndest to get there tonight with my fiancee, she hates karaoke but I will try to get her to hang out some and maybe get a few friends to join us.

My name is Ken Shaner, I'll be there tonight running along with one of my bro's and if you come out next week i'll be there with my other bro, we alternate depending on the week.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:04 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

timberlea @ Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:19 pm wrote:
Quote:
PRO CHARTBUSTER, POP HITS MONTHLY, ANTI COMMUNIST AND SOUND CHOICE! ONCE YOU BUY A PAIR OF PANTS LEVI'S DOESN'T COME BACK 3 MONTHS LATER WANTING MORE MONEY BECAUSE YOU'RE STILL WEARING THEM TO WORK

No, but if you make a copy of their jeans they sure will.

Well said I agree with you there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:10 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Loneavenger @ Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:49 pm wrote:
Spankme99 @ Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:19 pm wrote:
Loneavenger, I didn't catch your name. I will do my damndest to get there tonight with my fiancee, she hates karaoke but I will try to get her to hang out some and maybe get a few friends to join us.

My name is Ken Shaner, I'll be there tonight running along with one of my bro's and if you come out next week i'll be there with my other bro, we alternate depending on the week.

Awesome, nice to meet you Ken. I am going out to eat then try to get there... I have two DJ shows tonight, InFuzion tonight is country night, so the haters can plan on circling the wagons another time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:15 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

kjathena @ Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:19 pm wrote:
I dont envy you Nigel.....I pity you

Pathetic people unfortunately tend to believe that their opinions are more important than anyone else's opinions

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:16 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Spankme99 @ Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:10 pm wrote:
kjathena @ Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:00 pm wrote:
Spankme99 @ Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:34 pm wrote:
kjathena @ Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:55 pm wrote:
This guy is the reason I never call them PIRATES anymore....now they are all NIGELS....and I've never met the guy....WOW I wouldnt want to be him when KARMA decides to let him reap what he has sown...

Karma will get you before me, sorry you can't listen to reason. I live in the USA it's a long way from Iran.

Karma works on everybody Nigel.....And I've never been to Iran...it is a long way from Florida

The kid of justice you practice is straight out of the third world. Where I live you are innocent until proven guilty. Not guilty because someone who envy's you said so!

I don't have no dog in your fight but I would suggest that the innocent until proven guilty thing may be the situation for criminal offenses in this country (although I question that assumption as well) but it certainly is not the case in civil law here. With civil law cases are decided on a perponderance of the evidence.

preponderance of the evidence the greater weight of the evidence required in a civil (non-criminal) lawsuit for the trier of fact (jury or judge without a jury) to decide in favor of one side or the other. This preponderance is based on the more convincing evidence and its probable truth or accuracy, and not on the amount of evidence. Thus, one clearly knowledgeable witness may provide a preponderance of evidence over a dozen witnesses with hazy testimony, or a signed agreement with definite terms may outweigh opinions or speculation about what the parties intended. Preponderance of the evidence is required in a civil case and is contrasted with "beyond a reasonable doubt," which is the more severe test of evidence required to convict in a criminal trial.

So for you to be able to show 1000 Sound Choice disc in court is a good thing but if Sound Choice can show evidence that you purchased a large amount of them after the suit was first instigated then the perponderance of your evidence is lost unless you produce receipts that prove SC to be wrong, if they have one or two independant witnesses to add to the mix that say for instance that "you tried to sell or trade songs to/with them" or "They know for a fact that at the time in question you had no disc" then the perponderance swings entirely to Sound Choice, it will all come down to who is more believeable to the courts, one independant witness will be worth 10 employees and friends as witnesses. If the court finds for Sound Choice even though you produce 10,000 disc at trial they can then look to find you in contempt and sanction you for possible attempts at spoilation!

I am not judging you as to being guilty or innocent but reading some of the things you have posted about Sound Choice on various sites and your rants at people on this board I would say you are going to have a really tough time if your case goes to trial mainly because a lot of the stuff you posted (if Sound Choice was smart) would have been collected and compiled to be used against you in court.

A specific example would be the E-Bay stuff you posted above! So much of what you stated there you will now have to prove if your case goes to trial, if you are wrong and/or can't prove it then your believability on anything else you have to say is going to go down as well. While you may be 100% legal, it appears that you may have dug a very deep hole that you are going to have a hard time climbing out of regardless of how many disc you own now, owned then or have gotten rid of.

This may also be a problem for you if Chartbuster and Stellar or some other manu decides to move on you as well because if you lose to Sound Choice at trial that case will be brought forward as evidence against you in any others that may be forth coming.

Just a note for DJs I have heard a rumor that Promo Only may be teaming up with the Karaoke manus and going after those that have their product in less than 1:1 ratios! If Promo Only does it I don't think it will be long before Prime Cuts and other compilation companies follow suit. It could end up getting very nasty for those who have pirated content on their computers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:35 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

VS did SC steal from music composers. I guess that was already proven in court so their credibility has been proven. I only need to show having one sc disk. which I can do many many times over. 100 sc disks is more than most KJ's ever own from what I've seen I am way past legal then and now. Take me to court copy forums and ebay adds all you want. SC will be embarrased. Private member forums may or may not be admissable it depends on the court. Thanks for the advice though. I had plenty of disks then as I do now. Prove I didn't before and that would be grand. I have an invoice of buying over 100 SC disks in one shot back in 2005 recorded through PayPal is that enough? Tough luck I guess...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Spankme99 @ Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:35 pm wrote:
VS did SC steal from music composers. I guess that was already proven in court so their credibility has been proven. I only need to show having one sc disk. which I can do many many times over. 100 sc disks is more than most KJ's ever own from what I've seen I am way past legal then and now. Take me to court copy forums and ebay adds all you want. SC will be embarrased. Private member forums may or may not be admissable it depends on the court. Thanks for the advice though. I had plenty of disks then as I do now. Prove I didn't before and that would be grand. I have an invoice of buying over 100 SC disks in one shot back in 2005 recorded through PayPal is that enough? Tough luck I guess...

If you have the receipts then I would say you are golden, as for the stuff you have posted on puplic sites "E-Bay, "Craigslist" etc. those are not private forums they are very public and very easily seen and accessed by anyone and everyone including Sound Choice.

I have researched most of these "cases" that have been posted on this and other forums about the alledged violations of Sound Choice and Chartbuster for the Eagles as well as several others, I have been unable to find a final ruling in any of them, it appears they were all either settled or dropped, if you have actual rulings on these cases I would love a chance to see them! Where do I look to find them?

As far as most KJs owning 100 Sound Choice disc, Myself I own well over 400 just for my main system and still don't have them all and i know 3 other KJs that own more than I do Don't believe what so many seem to be saying about only having to show 1 SC disc to be good enough, I can assure you that it won't be enough for the judge!

I do wish you good luck in your endeavors!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:49 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Spankme99 @ 26th February 2011, 7:15 am wrote:
kjathena @ Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:19 pm wrote:
I dont envy you Nigel.....I pity you

Pathetic people unfortunately tend to believe that their opinions are more important than anyone else's opinions

You are describing yourself

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 33 times
Wow I'm really surprised at the amount of trolling comments here, by everyone. Let's get a concerted effort to step up a bit.

1. Don't troll using snide remarks or insults.
2. Don't feed trolls.

Following these two rules, I think everyone can agree that trying to win this argument is tantamount to saying, "HEY I GOT SILVER IN THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS!"

Now that I've concluded my PSA, please watch the following video and realized, you've reached the end of the internet. It's probably best if you close your browser now and go outside. Nothing more to see here, move along.

[youtube]FHbRDR4rAkk[/youtube]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:43 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
Toqer...I must agree with you and apologize for feeding the trolls....you youtube had me go searching there myself from now on this will be my post to trolls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETO3-MxM ... re=related

Lee McGuffey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:53 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

[quote
You are describing yourself[/quote]

What's wrong, don't you get any attention back at the home?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:25 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Nigel,

OK I have gone back through this thread and I am confused by some of your statements made here.

I guess the biggest question I have is why in the world if you are only running one system would you buy 4 foundation sets? plus 100's of other Sound Choice disc that simply repeat what you must already have?

I too have spent a lot of money on disc over the years I have purchased full sets Sound Choice Foundations, Chartbuster, Pioneer, Pop Hits Monthly All Hit's, Backstage, Star Disc, Monster Hits, Lost Classics, TT, JVC, Latin Disc sets then also many Legends disc, MM disc, Top Tunes dics, Disney Disc, Pocket Songs disc, Priddis disc, Sunfly Disc ASK disc and on and on and I haven't spent over $10,000 on them. So for one system why would you spend so much and repeat so many disc?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:12 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Virgin if you two want to have a little love fest on this, why don't you take it to PM? Mods, why isn't this thread locked yet?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:22 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
I think my previous comment went over Spank's head. I meant your copying of tracks. I don't see tades people getting a second or third set of tools or vehicles for next to nothing to save on their original investment.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:12 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

toqer @ Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:12 pm wrote:
Virgin if you two want to have a little love fest on this, why don't you take it to PM? Mods, why isn't this thread locked yet?

I am just curious is all, because some things don't make sense and Nigel could explain it so that it does!

What is your reason for being here?

What is your agenda and why do you think this thread needs to be locked?

Why the snide comments?

Why don't you take all your opinions, questions and comments to PM?

I do not believe that I or Nigel either one have said anything to or about you on this thread, why do you feel the need to make attacks and personal comments to him or me?

I know that is a lot of questions and please feel free to PM me the answers!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:18 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 7 times

Little love fest??? Surely, you jest, Sir!!!

Steve has finally established communication with his arch-nemesis!! Before you go doing something short sighted here, please reconsider. We are all about to become witnesses here to one of the greatest karaoke battles in VA, possibly the world!!! This is akin to Captain Ahab vs The White Whale...Lex Luthor vs Superman...Seinfeld vs Newman!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:17 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

This thread is a waste of cyber space....locked

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:29 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
Locked...
Yikes that means I can't post here.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You mean we can't ask any more questions? LOL

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:35 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Virgin Karaoke @ Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:12 pm wrote:

I am just curious is all, because some things don't make sense and Nigel could explain it so that it does!

Good, do it in pm

What is your reason for being here?

I thought it was for rational discussion of karaoke, sharing ideas and techniques for running a good show. Discussing karaoke legalities, not personal attacks.

What is your agenda and why do you think this thread needs to be locked?

Forum discussions shouldn't be personal attacks. It brings the class of the forum down to the level of a Maury Povitch "Daddy DNA Test" It started off with a link to the ebay thread, the guy that made the ebay thread showed up, and it's degraded from there.

Why the snide comments?

Calling it a "Love fest" is sarcasm, it's pretty obvious you guys don't love each other.

Why don't you take all your opinions, questions and comments to PM?

Because I'm calling on both of you to squash the BS. OOO you're going to win an argument on a karaoke forum! What are you going to win? Anything? Do you hang out in person with everyone here? Is it going to ruin your reputation with the members here if you squash it?

I do not believe that I or Nigel either one have said anything to or about you on this thread, why do you feel the need to make attacks and personal comments to him or me?

Maybe because I come here for things other than name calling, trash talking, reputation libelling discussion. If I want that, I can park my a$$ in front of the TV and watch Springer, Povitch, or any number of train wreck talk shows.

I know that is a lot of questions and please feel free to PM me the answers!

Cool story bro.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next