KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Sound Choice really upset this guy! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:45 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 146 times
http://cgi.ebay.com/SOUND-CHOICE-KARAOK ... 45f4ab2517

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:07 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
The guy posting it is a known pirate. He got named in the first sweeps in va and because they did not have his correct info they had to refile. In between the suits he purchased every SC disc he could. The guy (Thunder Karaoke) he was referring to is 100% legal. No truth in the guy's rant. He's selling off his discs so that when he loses in court he'll have the money to pay SC.

If you go down below his rant, you will see he lists the Foundation instead of what is listed above the rant.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
What is intertesting to me is the number of songs he has listed in the Foundation set, My set doesn't have 490 songs in it. He must have a different Foundation II than I have mine only has 450 songs.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:00 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

<snork> Nigel strikes again. . .

Last time he got in a battle of wits, it was with a brick.

He lost.

There's similar rants all over the website for his "dj" company.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:16 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
Even if everything he said was true (which it isn't), I would never do business with a person with an attitude and presentation like that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:31 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
timberlea @ Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:16 am wrote:
Even if everything he said was true (which it isn't), I would never do business with a person with an attitude and presentation like that.

Can't agree more.
I was unable to read it all.
I found his text size annoying.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:39 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

I just asked him the following question through ebay:

"Why would anyone pay $470 from you for a USED set of disks when one can get a NEW set for $299 from karaokebargain.com?"

At the top the item is shown as new and before the listing it is shown as "Like New"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:22 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I don't think he is trying to sell it, it looks like he is using E-Bay for a blog against Sound Choice and the other guy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:26 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Actually I think he is trying to sell it. If he gets that price, he's doing pretty good. I see no new questions today, he is probably filtering them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:54 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

ripman8 @ Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:26 am wrote:
Actually I think he is trying to sell it. If he gets that price, he's doing pretty good. I see no new questions today, he is probably filtering them.

I looked at the revision history on that item, it is huge with many changes over the past year (yes year) that the item has been listed. I also checked out his website, he doesn't have them listed for sale there with other items he is selling. Checking out Virginia Craigslist "WOW" he doesn't list them there either but he tears up the Thunder guy "Slease" Miller as well as Sound Choice on several different advertisements. I don't know I think this guy may be mentally deranged.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:01 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
Not to mention opening him or herself up to legal action, criminal and/or civil.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:30 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
Not sure if this "buy gem series or be sued" allegation is what really happens (I think it's been hinted at a few times though)...but if SC were to come to me and tell me to pay $6000 or see you in court I'd just tell them take all your disks back and sell them or shove them you-know-where. The money I make on karaoke is not worth the hassle.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:12 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

karaokegod73 @ Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:30 am wrote:
Not sure if this "buy gem series or be sued" allegation is what really happens (I think it's been hinted at a few times though)...but if SC were to come to me and tell me to pay $6000 or see you in court I'd just tell them take all your disks back and sell them or shove them you-know-where. The money I make on karaoke is not worth the hassle.

If you have the disc already then there is no issue. If you have the songs but don't have the disc then you have a problem.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:53 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
karaokegod73 @ Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:30 am wrote:

Nowhere in the Audit papers did I see "You must buy the GEM series or You will be in violation of this audit's terms." I chose to buy the GEM series because I wanted the best quality songs for the money I spent.
Even KJathena will tell you that she didn't have to spend a dime after she was named in a lawsuit. Once they did the audit that was it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:29 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
timberlea @ Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:16 pm wrote:

Kinda makes you wonder at eBay feedback ratings.... or how they can be manipulated??

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:28 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Murray C @ Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:29 am wrote:
timberlea @ Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:16 pm wrote:

Kinda makes you wonder at eBay feedback ratings.... or how they can be manipulated??

Don't think that is possible. I've been an eBayer for ten years. Feedback system is a great way to do business. Especially now that the seller can't get revenge on the buyer for negative feedback, now they have to work harder to please the customer.

I have over 400 feedback, all positive. some for selling, most for buying. It's worked out fantastic for me!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:54 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
ripman8 @ Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:28 am wrote:
Don't think that is possible. I've been an eBayer for ten years. Feedback system is a great way to do business. Especially now that the seller can't get revenge on the buyer for negative feedback, now they have to work harder to please the customer.

I have over 400 feedback, all positive. some for selling, most for buying. It's worked out fantastic for me!

I totally agree. Buyers & sellers build their reputations based on feedbacks. I sell my used equipment and buy new ones to update my system. I always find great deals on karaoke items priced lower than the competition.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:56 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Not a known pirate. A know fighter of what is wrong in Karaoke, namely Sound Choice. If you choose to be a sheep led around on a leash it's up to you,I choose not to.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:57 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

I think we all know how many song there are in a foundation pack?? You need to ask? Ever heard of a typo?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:58 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Thunder quotes are 100% true. I lived there and have seen every disk he had. Also he is running two systems now in Charlottesville, anyone checked up on that????

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next