KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - The 411 on origin of SC letters of intent Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:59 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
Virgin, if you're serious about the legalities about copyright/trademark, then do yourself a favour and consult an attorney who specializes in this area. Yes, it costs, but remember you get what you pay for.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:06 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
Who the heck is "Mr. Joe"? or are we talking about JoeChartreuse?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:19 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Virgin Karaoke @ Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:31 pm wrote:
Well at least he offers an opinion and from what I have read from him it appears that he has an understanding of what is going on far more than any information anyone else has posted here. I am new to the game so I am seeking information from the most credible people that post here. Do you have information to the contrary of what Mr. Joe has posted? It appears from Mr. Joe's post that he has knowledge of many disc operated systems being molested by Sound Choice, what knowledge of this can you bring to the table? What advice do you have to offer on what to do about the current audit situation? If you don't have any then don't you think it would be better to allow Mr. Joe to tells us what is going on and offer any advice as to what those of us who don't know what is going on should do? Personally I don't know anything about Copyright or IP law, if Mr. Joe does then I think it would be beneficial for all of us to at least have his "opinion" on the subject.

Right & his OPINION is just that! His legal expertise is no more that what he personally believes. He keeps spouting off that mp3g's in any manner are not legal to use in a show when the manufacturers now state that it is and you may provided you show proof of owning the original discs. Copyright & publishing laws are such grey issues that everyone is going to interpret them in their own manner. Here is a link to an IP study on karaoke.
http://ipjustice.org/karaokefairuse.shtml
and another
http://ipjustice.org/wp/2007/02/22/karaoke_legal_myths/
Link from SC on staying legal
http://www.scsafeharbor.com/stayinglegal.php
particularly this quote
Quote:
Our media-shifting policy requires you to maintain a "one-to-one" correspondence between your CD+Gs or MP3+G discs and the other medium. To determine one-to-one correspondence, we look at the other medium, usually a hard drive. For every Sound Choice� track on that hard drive, you must own an original Sound Choice CD+G or MP3+G disc that contains that track. The hard drive track and the CD+G or MP3+G track are assigned to each other. Once you've assigned a CD+G track to a hard drive track, you have to put that CD+G or MP3+G disc "on the shelf." It can't be used anywhere else, nor can it be sold, unless it is first removed from your hard drive.

And a quote from Chartbuster
Quote:
What uses are acceptable for Chartbuster Karaoke discs?
You may not shift the Content of the Original Media to any Non-Original Medium unless you are in compliance with our media-shifting policy:

•Provided that such media-shifting is otherwise in compliance with the laws of the United States or Canada (as applicable), you may shift the Content stored on each of the Original Media to ONE Non-Original Medium of your choice.
•You must maintain possession of the Original Media whose Content you have shifted during the entire time the Content is stored on the Non-Original Medium.
•While the Content has been shifted, you may not use the Original Media for any purpose, commercial or otherwise.
•If you desire to shift the Content of any of the Original Media to more than one Non-Original Medium, you must acquire one or more additional original discs, so that you maintain a 1-to-1 relationship between original discs and the non-original media.
•Media shifting for commercial purposes is only permitted with the express written consent of Chartbuster Karaoke. To obtain written permission you must consent to an audit of your commercial system(s). For more information or to schedule an audit please contact Paula Riffle at 800-347-5504 or priffle@bigmama.tv

http://www.chartbusterkaraoke.com/faq

So, opinion is just that! Joe's is no more legal expertise or well versed than what I just actually linked to, which I would take as MORE legal than someones opinion on a forum where no one knows anyone! At least I gave up some actual links!

As far as real disc operators getting caught up in anything, those that have, have just showed their discs & been off the hook, no further issue. Big deal!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

OK sorry I asked Mr. Joe,

So do you have any information on all the disc based shows that were hit with SC lawsuits?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:22 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 56 times
Virgin Karaoke @ Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:48 am wrote:
OK sorry I asked Mr. Joe,

So do you have any information on all the disc based shows that were hit with SC lawsuits?

I can help you with that! In my market (Knoxville, Tennessee) in the fall of 2009, Sound Choice came to our market and named 3 local venues. One venue settled, one venue is (to the best of my knowledge) still working out a settlement and the third, McLeods was dropped after the venue and the kj produced their discs and their case was closed. I know quite a bit about what is happining in the industry but I am not an attorney and don't claim to be.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:11 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Quote:
diafel
"When I went to court, I got an award that is RARELY, IF EVER given (in fact, I have yet to hear of it being given)"

I had quite a chuckle at the paradoxical nature of that statement! (note: comment not intended to be provocative... read and think about it, you may see what I mean and have a chuckle yourself) ;)

Quote:
"What I have stated is my opinion of what WOULD happen were the case to go to court.
I thought that was quite obvious since many of my statements contain such phrases as "the judge WOULD" and "it would" ETC."

To me, 'would' has a more definitive meaning than perhaps you intended. In the context of your comments, it could seem to many that you are stating the outcome, in your opinion, is fixed and without question. I may be mistaken and perhaps that is the message you wish to convey. Or is it that the terms 'would likely', 'would probably', 'it may', etc. may be more appropriate in conveying what you feel is the most likely outcome?

Quote:
Paradigm Karaoke
"example: Kurt has already stated that the letters of intent do not disclose all information they have against whomever it was sent to, and legally they are not required to do so (according to Mr. Slep). however, if we do not fully disclose ALL information that he is asking from US, then WE are on our way to court."

But he's not saying you are legally required to disclose anything either. You or anyone else can disclose as much or as little as you like! Your choice will determine the action SC chooses to take.

Quote:
bgood
"The fact that it is about trademark infringement makes it even more improbable for any Manu to win a case in court. As a matter of fact I am almost 100% positive that a case would not make it to court."

On the contrary, is it not more probable for a Manufacturer to win a trademark infringement case than a copyright infringement? Consider the following:

Quote:
I hate to empower the thieves but I hate the extortion that SC is perpetrating just as much. The answer is in their cryptic response of "We cannot approve copying to a hard drive but we will not pursue action if you prove 1:1" or words to that effect. Can anyone guess why they would say that?

Does not seem cryptic to me at all. It merely conveys the information that, even though they are not able to authorize the copying of tracks to a HDD, they will not take you to court if you can show to them that for every song you have on HDD, you have the corresponding track on a CDG. On the other hand, if you cannot or do not show them that you do in fact have a 1:1 ratio of track:disk, then they may take legal action.

Quote:
"here is what their trademark covers "IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: pre-recorded magnetic audio cassette tapes and compact discs containing musical compositions and compact discs containing video related to musical compositions." doesn't say anything about computer files. In other words, they do not currently possess a copyright to the phrase 'sound choice' pertaining to anything computer related."

And this argument could actually help to explain why it may be more probable for a Manufacturer to win a trademark infringement case than a copyright infringement case.

Does a manufacturer's trademark not indicate that a product is produced by the manufacturer and is not a copy or counterfeit? So if that trademark is attached to something that is not a product of the manufacturer, but instead is an unauthorized copy of the manufacturer's product, then is that not a breach of trademark?

If a KJ is playing a song that displays a SC logo, and that logo is the trademark of SC, then the KJ is representing that the track is produced by SC and is not a copy. If it is a copy it is a clear infringement of trademark. But it is a breach that the trademark owner is willing to overlook if the KJ can satisfy them that they have in fact purchased and have in their possession the original manufactured product.
I think that is fairly generous of SC, considering they are willing to allow what could potentially be an inferior copy (track ripped at lower bit-rate) bear their trademark.

But what happens if the KJ takes a stand on principle and doesn't show SC he is 1:1? What if SC takes said KJ to court and KJ then produces his disks? Does it change the fact that the KJ has represented a copied track as being a product of SC and therefore infringed their trademark?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:10 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
TTowntenor @ Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:19 pm wrote:
Virgin Karaoke @ Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:31 pm wrote:
Well at least he offers an opinion and from what I have read from him it appears that he has an understanding of what is going on far more than any information anyone else has posted here. I am new to the game so I am seeking information from the most credible people that post here. Do you have information to the contrary of what Mr. Joe has posted? It appears from Mr. Joe's post that he has knowledge of many disc operated systems being molested by Sound Choice, what knowledge of this can you bring to the table? What advice do you have to offer on what to do about the current audit situation? If you don't have any then don't you think it would be better to allow Mr. Joe to tells us what is going on and offer any advice as to what those of us who don't know what is going on should do? Personally I don't know anything about Copyright or IP law, if Mr. Joe does then I think it would be beneficial for all of us to at least have his "opinion" on the subject.

Right & his OPINION is just that! His legal expertise is no more that what he personally believes. He keeps spouting off that mp3g's in any manner are not legal to use in a show when the manufacturers now state that it is and you may provided you show proof of owning the original discs. Copyright & publishing laws are such grey issues that everyone is going to interpret them in their own manner. Here is a link to an IP study on karaoke.
http://ipjustice.org/karaokefairuse.shtml
and another
http://ipjustice.org/wp/2007/02/22/karaoke_legal_myths/
Link from SC on staying legal
http://www.scsafeharbor.com/stayinglegal.php
particularly this quote
Quote:
Our media-shifting policy requires you to maintain a "one-to-one" correspondence between your CD+Gs or MP3+G discs and the other medium. To determine one-to-one correspondence, we look at the other medium, usually a hard drive. For every Sound Choice� track on that hard drive, you must own an original Sound Choice CD+G or MP3+G disc that contains that track. The hard drive track and the CD+G or MP3+G track are assigned to each other. Once you've assigned a CD+G track to a hard drive track, you have to put that CD+G or MP3+G disc "on the shelf." It can't be used anywhere else, nor can it be sold, unless it is first removed from your hard drive.

And a quote from Chartbuster
Quote:
What uses are acceptable for Chartbuster Karaoke discs?
You may not shift the Content of the Original Media to any Non-Original Medium unless you are in compliance with our media-shifting policy:

•Provided that such media-shifting is otherwise in compliance with the laws of the United States or Canada (as applicable), you may shift the Content stored on each of the Original Media to ONE Non-Original Medium of your choice.
•You must maintain possession of the Original Media whose Content you have shifted during the entire time the Content is stored on the Non-Original Medium.
•While the Content has been shifted, you may not use the Original Media for any purpose, commercial or otherwise.
•If you desire to shift the Content of any of the Original Media to more than one Non-Original Medium, you must acquire one or more additional original discs, so that you maintain a 1-to-1 relationship between original discs and the non-original media.
•Media shifting for commercial purposes is only permitted with the express written consent of Chartbuster Karaoke. To obtain written permission you must consent to an audit of your commercial system(s). For more information or to schedule an audit please contact Paula Riffle at 800-347-5504 or priffle@bigmama.tv

http://www.chartbusterkaraoke.com/faq

So, opinion is just that! Joe's is no more legal expertise or well versed than what I just actually linked to, which I would take as MORE legal than someones opinion on a forum where no one knows anyone! At least I gave up some actual links!

As far as real disc operators getting caught up in anything, those that have, have just showed their discs & been off the hook, no further issue. Big deal!

Thank you for taking the time to post these very useful links and explaining in detail TTownTenor...May I use copies of this information and links elsewhere?

Lee McGuffey

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:45 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 33 times

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:00 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Well it looks more and more like the smart thing to do is go ahead and request an audit from the manus ahead of time as now Chartbuster has gone into full swing and is suing both pirate KJs and the venues that hire them. Just seems a lot smarter to me to do the audits and be done with it.

I was curious about some of the IP Justice links provided and started doing some research on the group. It appears that anyone (for a fee) can be a member, you don't have to be a lawyer. Looking at the majority of the cases they are involved in it would appear for the most part they are fighting to open all IP work up for free access by the public be it for private or commercial use. So far it would seem that every opinion they have posted on their site is either countered or in direct conflict with the laws as written.

My own opinion is that they are a piracy advocacy group. It was founded and operated by Robin Gross an attorney from San Fransisco California and her mission statement is: Home > Index
[font=Impact]Legal services dedicated to promoting the creative imagination and encouraging the exchange of art through technology and innovative business models that benefit artists and entrepreneurs.[/font]

I think the main point here is "entrepreneurs" (which I read as pirate)!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:30 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
Alan B @ Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:42 pm wrote:
lehidude @ Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:37 pm wrote:
So for all of you wannabe lawyers out there, good luck proving "damages."

Here's the bottom line.

1. I have legally purchased, own, and have reciepts for all of my Sound Choice disc.
2. I have format shifted these to a single {1} laptop
3. I am following the one to one ratio.
4. Sound Choice has authorized format shifting. I have it in writing:

"Slep-Tone only sells its recordings in CD+G format. Slep-Tone authorizes its customers to “format shift” and transfer the contents of a genuine SOUND CHOICE
CD+G recording to a single computer or MP3 player, provided that the customer keeps the original copy of the CD+G in his possession as an archival copy that is not used."

So, since I'm following the guidelines set forth by Sound Choice, and am operating legally, if this ever went to court, the judge would have to laugh at this.

Like I said, after all is said and done, SC would have to prove in court that I'm guilty. And that's unlikely to happen.

Um, If were to contact SC, they would tell you that EACH KJ that does a media shift must have specific written permission from SC. In other words, if you didn't contact SC, and receive written permission, then youwould be considered "in violation".

Most KJs figure that if they OWN the discs they rip, SC won't bother them- not the case. They want everyone to "check in" with them if they shift- Per KURT SLEP.

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:32 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

DannyG2006 @ Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:55 pm wrote:
Lehidude is right. The way they are doing it is to send investigators to your show to gather evidence. Then they send a letter of intent to sue. It is at this point that 1:1ers can contact them and agree to an audit that once you've proven you're 1:1, you go on your merry way. No cost to you other than your time.

The "investigators" gather nothing. They look to see if SC's logo comes up on the screen, note that it comes from a PC source, and proceed to break chops.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:36 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Lonman @ Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:52 pm wrote:
Who was it that just went through an audit here - I think KJ Athena was the name, said it was pretty much that simple. Took about an hour maybe & went on her merry way.
I think you guys are wanting to make something more out of nothing really.

Not quite. Athena was named ( though innocent of any wrongdoing), if you google her company the taint remains on the internet. SC's "investigation" was nothing but a complaint from a competitor. She went through the stress from the letter, lost time and money with the audit, etc., etc.... All because SC NEVER INVESTIGATED ANYTHING

Nothing merry about it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:53 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Mr. Joe, you are correct, her company name is on the internet I saw it listed here

http://www.soundchoicestore.com/certifi ... pg-69.html

And here

http://www.chartbusterkaraoke.com/kjs

Yes you are right it is a pretty nasty business!

I googled her company name Good Time Karaoke Inc. and here are the results of the first page, I figured that like most people doing an internet search they aren't going past the first page if they don't see what they are looking for. I didn't go any further perhaps you will have better luck!

Good Time Karaoke
Karaoke CDGs, equipment and lighting.

www.goodtimekaraoke.comKaraoke discounted music and cdgs 800-200-9935
Discount Karaoke 800-200-9935 - music, songs, cds, machines, players, lighting and software. Custom cdgs

goodtimekaraoke.netKaraoke dj Good Time Entertainment :: You Bring The People, We'll ...

1-800-200-99DJ Professional Disc Jockey Entertainment Services for your next party. I do a variety of events including Weddings, Reunions, School Dances, Holiday ...

www.goodtime.ca/karaokeVideos of good time karaoke
ELVIS KARAOKE-GOOD TIME CHARLIE'S GOT THE BLUESYouTube 3:22karaoke Green Day Time Of Your Life Good RiddanceYouTube 2:41Good Times (karaoke instrumental) By Roll Deep featuring Jodie ...YouTube 3:43Good times Karaoke!YouTube 4:32Good Time Karaoke
Welcome to the Internet home of Goodtime Karaoke. Your "One-Stop Shop" for all your DJ, Karaoke & Effects Lighting needs. [

www.goodtimekaraokecanada.comGood Times Karaoke DJs Game Show Mania | Broward DJs Miami Dade ...
Home of Good Times Karaoke DJs and Game Show Mania serving Broward Miami Dade Palm Beach | Fort Lauderdale | Miami Beach | Boca Raton | South Florida

www.goodtimesdjs.comGood Times Karaoke - N Richland Hills, TX - Karaoke Listing and ...
Good Times Karaoke, N Richland Hills - Visit Decidio for listings and reviews about Good Times Karaoke

www.decidio.com/local-businesses/v-50-k ... mes...Good Time by Alan Jackson Karaoke Music - Karaoke Warehouse
Alan Jackson Karaoke music like Good Time and more is availalbe at Karaoke Warehouse with fast same day shipping!

www.karaokewh.com/karaoke-search-any.cf ... le&...Good Times DJ Karaoke | Facebook
Welcome to a Facebook Page about Good Times DJ Karaoke. Join Facebook to start connecting with Good Times DJ Karaoke.

www.facebook.com/GoodTimesDJKGoodtimes Karaoke with Larry & Sandy Clymer
Goodtimes Karaoke - Let The Goodtimes Roll ... Contact Info: Larry Clymer Phone: 507-847-3939 507-847-2272

jacksoncycle.com/goodtimes.htmHome of Good Times Karaoke DJs Game Show Mania
Good Times Karaoke/DJ's & Game Show Mania. When planning an event there are many important decisions to make. The one decision that can make or break a party is your ...

djinthekeys.com

Exactly where is the damage to her company reputation that you are pointing out?

But I also Googled Certified Karaoke Host and this is the first page I found.

Certified Host :: Sound Choice Karaoke
Karaoke - Welcome to Sound Choice, your quality leader in Karaoke entertainment! Sound Choice is the quality leader of karaoke sound tracks releasing new pop, rock ...

www.soundchoicestore.com/certified-host ... mlOfficial KJ Page | Chartbuster Karaoke
The following represents a list of Karaoke Hosts who have had their Chartbuster Karaoke libraries certified as legitimate by the Chartbuster Karaoke Audit process.

www.chartbusterkaraoke.com/about-kjsChartbuster Karaoke Certified Karaoke Hosts...
Welcome to ORKA! OREGON KARAOKE ASSOCIATION OREGON KARAOKE ASSOCIATION's primary function is to educate, inform and form ...

nwentertainmentsolutions.com/orkaKJ host combines Karaoke with live original performers at Mr. B’s
I have over 65,000 songs & I've also Been Certified with Sound Choice ... Karaoke host Thursday through Saturday is Mike Heppner, at Mr. B's for over four ...

mrbslounge.com/KaraokePage.htmlSound Choice Karaoke
Karaoke - Welcome to Sound Choice, your quality leader in Karaoke entertainment! Sound Choice is the quality leader of karaoke sound tracks releasing new pop, rock ...

www.soundchoicestore.com/certified-host ... pg-69.html

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:15 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 146 times
Paradigm Karaoke @ Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:07 am wrote:
all of this could go away if we could find out if the ugly contract for submitting to an audit is still being used or have they disposed of it? if it is no longer a requirement of the audit, for me at least, i would feel a bit better about the whole thing. if it is just a Skype thing of showing disks as they ask for them like was said by KJ Athena, i may even voluntarily go through it on a day off to get the letter ofr compliance for my press kit. but the contract that SC was using would make the audit as described impossible.

E. During the audit, each disc will be marked using an indelible method. This marking will not interfere with your
ability to play the disc but will prevent that disc from being re-used in an audit of another company.
F. Sound Choice may employ software designed to examine any hard drives in your possession to determine whether
songs have been deleted from the system after Sound Choice’s investigation began. A deleted track file may
indicate an attempt at spoliation and constitute evidence of willful infringement, as well as an audit failure.

does anyone know if the agreement to audit is being used?

Just reading thru this thread. So you are audited, your discs are marked or stamped. Now nobody will buy these discs because they are already stamped? Don't think I will let anyone stamp my discs.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:07 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
When they did my audit, they didn't mark my discs nor did they search my drive for deleted songs, of which I had thousands that I removed due to theft of original discs which I told them about up front.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:03 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Jian @ Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:08 pm wrote:
Anti-piracy is big business in itself. I hope SC and other manu. are not in it and forget about the production aspect of karaoke music.

for further reading on the subject of anti-piracy as a form of business Google the following names: DigiProtect, and ACS Law.

Is SC following the foot steps of DigiProtect?

Sadly, many of the Manus were printing way more disks than they paid for..
(It's called Piracy)
And printing disks they never paid for..
(It's called Piracy)
And printed disks they couldn't get permission for.
(It's called Piracy)

The most famous crook operation known to man was/is "MCA", Music Corporation of America. Well known as the Mafia arm of the music business. (Google it)

MCA/Mafia finally sold out to the Japanese after fluffing up the books..
(They were going broke) Go figure..

Most Mafia businesses go broke, and then they liquidate.. at a profit.

Anyway, the state of things these days truly sux..

(IMHO)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:22 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

ripman8 @ Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:15 am wrote:
Paradigm Karaoke @ Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:07 am wrote:
all of this could go away if we could find out if the ugly contract for submitting to an audit is still being used or have they disposed of it? if it is no longer a requirement of the audit, for me at least, i would feel a bit better about the whole thing. if it is just a Skype thing of showing disks as they ask for them like was said by KJ Athena, i may even voluntarily go through it on a day off to get the letter ofr compliance for my press kit. but the contract that SC was using would make the audit as described impossible.

E. During the audit, each disc will be marked using an indelible method. This marking will not interfere with your
ability to play the disc but will prevent that disc from being re-used in an audit of another company.
F. Sound Choice may employ software designed to examine any hard drives in your possession to determine whether
songs have been deleted from the system after Sound Choice’s investigation began. A deleted track file may
indicate an attempt at spoliation and constitute evidence of willful infringement, as well as an audit failure.

does anyone know if the agreement to audit is being used?

Just reading thru this thread. So you are audited, your discs are marked or stamped. Now nobody will buy these discs because they are already stamped? Don't think I will let anyone stamp my discs.

Why not? if you sell out your business are you going to piece meal it away or are you going try and sell it outright as a business?

So whoever buys your system outright buys a preaudited system I don't see a problem with that. I have purchased many karaoke disc and music CDs that had peoples names, labels, stickers (one in particular had these little kid flower stickers all over it) etc. it no way has it affected the ability to play the product.

Having a small mark or a sticker on a disc is not going to affect my desire to purchase said disc in any manner. and if I purchase them I am going to have a BOS or invoice so I know who I purchased them from.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:23 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

jdmeister @ Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:03 pm wrote:
Jian @ Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:08 pm wrote:
Anti-piracy is big business in itself. I hope SC and other manu. are not in it and forget about the production aspect of karaoke music.

for further reading on the subject of anti-piracy as a form of business Google the following names: DigiProtect, and ACS Law.

Is SC following the foot steps of DigiProtect?

Sadly, many of the Manus were printing way more disks than they paid for..
(It's called Piracy)
And printing disks they never paid for..
(It's called Piracy)
And printed disks they couldn't get permission for.
(It's called Piracy)

The most famous crook operation known to man was/is "MCA", Music Corporation of America. Well known as the Mafia arm of the music business. (Google it)

MCA/Mafia finally sold out to the Japanese after fluffing up the books..
(They were going broke) Go figure..

Most Mafia businesses go broke, and then they liquidate.. at a profit.

Anyway, the state of things these days truly sux..

(IMHO)

And which manus were these?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

DannyG2006 @ Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:07 am wrote:
When they did my audit, they didn't mark my discs nor did they search my drive for deleted songs, of which I had thousands that I removed due to theft of original discs which I told them about up front.

That may have been because you were voluntary with your audit, it may be different if it is a forced audit ie. someone already named in a lawsuit!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:28 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

rumbolt @ Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:33 pm wrote:
c. staley @ Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:58 am wrote:
Yes, there is a problem however, I don't expect that you'd have a problem with it. And that's perfectly fine for you it's just Not okay with me.

It is OK with me since I have made an intelligent decision to remain in "the dark ages" and run my Business on discs. My attorney, (both personal and professional) who has an extensive background in intellectuial property and trademark law has recommended that I continue as I am until it all shakes out. .

Rum! You're a disc based brother?!? I KNEW there was something I liked about you!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next