KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Hope I have answered all questions on MY audit please read Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:21 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
Ok everyone. I hope I have answered all your questions about MY audit. Kurt did post this on the other forum

"We can chose to be as tough or as lenient as we wish to be. However, it's always a good idea to keep all business receipts, as you know. If we feel we are being duped during the audit, we dig deeper. If someone is hitting 100% 1:1 and everything seems to be in order, we might wrap up after only checking 30 random songs (matching up with at least 30 different discs.) And of course we always check the songs from the night(s) of the investigations. And we always reserve the right to do further audits if things are borderline based on additional information in the future (for example a host claims to have only 1 system and we discover they have 3 and only one set of discs)."

Your experience might be different depending on your attitude and cooperation, how many discs you have missing, your organization, etc.) But in the end if you really are 1:1 you shouldn’t worry.”

WE did not have any missing discs...if one broke or was stollen we removed it from our system, we started doing that back when we were disc based to make it easier for our customers. If you were missing discs receipts may be requested.

I dont want anyone to think I was lying. I tried to be a concise as I could about MY experiance.

Agian I advise if you are legal you should have no problem...if not get legal pirating karaoke is stealing plain and simple

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:58 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
Thank you for that information and sharing your experience. I think a majority of folks are concerned that SC is using strong arm tactics to secure additional monies for the use of their products. Considering the amount of disc manufacturing they are doing it certainly appears they have shifted their business from making music to suing KJs.

One of the KJs here in town (Dallas) needed to actually appear in New York with her disc collection for the audit. It was posed as a "pay x amount or you have to appear in NY with all your disks". That was an obvious tactic to force a settlement that would have been cheaper than the shipping and transportation costs. She opted to not be cowed, showed up in NY with everything and was exonerated. Principle over price at that point.

It's good to see their methods of auditing have greatly simplified the process of validation.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:43 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
Why would a KJ from Dallas have to go to New York?

I don't think you can be sued from another state unless you did something wrong in that state.

Please explain if you can. I hope they paid her expenses, but I bet they didn't.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Gryf,

To my knowledge there have been no SC lawsuits filed in Texas & SC is in North Carolina.

What KJ/DJ audit are you referring to?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:25 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
This was about 8 years ago and I do know that the KJ prepared for an audit by SC and went to NY to resolve it. There were no shows during that time since all the material was out of the area. The exact whys and wherefores beyond that I never asked about. I was just a customer back then and it was a conversation item while the owner was away. Ya know, I'm gonna take a minute and find out a bit more from the owner and see what the score was.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:54 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
Gryf @ Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:25 pm wrote:
This was about 8 years ago and I do know that the KJ prepared for an audit by SC and went to NY to resolve it. There were no shows during that time since all the material was out of the area. The exact whys and wherefores beyond that I never asked about. I was just a customer back then and it was a conversation item while the owner was away. Ya know, I'm gonna take a minute and find out a bit more from the owner and see what the score was.

I hope the KJ in question received $6500 AND A LIBRARY FOR HER TROUBLES...

" Disc based and loving it..."