KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - So... do you report someone to poop? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Legalities & Piracy, etc... Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:32 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
Quote:
I think what Ollie meant to say was he doesn't report pirates, he shoots them. Laughing

A Few Facts...

Cabaret Karaoke has been around in this area for many years. I am a 3rd generation from this area and I do have a reputation of honesty and dependability. There is no quick fix or a shortcut to attaining this status.

Anybody who cheats or tries to skimp on their system can not compete with me, they know it, bar owners know it and singers know it. They might provide a super cut rate but they are gradually replaced by pros. We put them out of business with honest hard work and do not expect from big brother or anybody else. Pirates do not bother me!!!!!

I have proven to them that they dont have an advantage rather they have a mess.

When TV'S became disposable products I was left with several thousand dollars of modules and tubes. Due to tech advances I had to eat them and suffer a loss. CD'S are the same thing now. They are becoming worthless. Cut your losses and advance into the 21st century. Dont waste your time. Businesses cant expect manus to lag behind progress and not supply their demands. It is not fair or competitive to do so..

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:17 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
karyoker @ Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:32 pm wrote:
Quote:
I think what Ollie meant to say was he doesn't report pirates, he shoots them. Laughing

CD'S are the same thing now. They are becoming worthless. Cut your losses and advance into the 21st century. Dont waste your time. Businesses cant expect manus to lag behind progress and not supply their demands. It is not fair or competitive to do so..

Couldnt agree more

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:05 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 92 times
I'd be suspicious, but what the heck, I already have several in my area I suspect and I haven't turned them in because it's just not clear cut enough. That doesn't mean I wouldn't love for the KIAA to show up in town and start checking them out, but I don't see that as my role unless they had something really blatant like 100,000 or more songs. Then I might just think about doing it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:43 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
I wouldn't because I turned a CAVS distributor to KAPA and nothing was done.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:11 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 11 times
I have been in the karaoke business for 5 years, working for other companies. In 2007 my mother passed away, and I gained a modest amount of money from her. I used those funds to buy all my equipment, and as many discs as I could get my hands on. You could say I popped up out of nowhere when I started my own business two years ago, with legit discs, and I've been steadily investing ever since, even snatching up a couple of bulk SC disc buys from ebay and craigslist over the last year. I only have about 12,000 songs at this point. And, yes, I am purely digital. I have spent hundreds of dollars on software, as well as countless hours digitizing and maintaining my song selections. It is a little extra effort, but I still love not having to haul extra equipment around.

What about custom cdgs from Sound Choice, and the UK custom burn sites? They had a number of hard to find and OOP songs that I filled my collection with on a near monthly basis before SC pulled all the songs. So my books have a lot of hard to find and OOP songs due to my being savvy enough to BUY them where I can LEGALLY find them.

Can't this all add up to red flags in these "investigations" even though I'm legit? I appreciate the efforts, but the criteria needs some tweaking.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:24 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
personally I ask alot of questions and complment the collection...most legit KJ's will them offer to show off there discs....I turn in preloaded HD sellers I see on ebay craigslist ect for fun.Unless I KNOW for a FACT someone is a pirate I do not turn them in. You would not beleive how many pirates brag about buying 1 disc and copying to multi rigs...they deserve turning in to POOP, SC and Chartbuster...they all have report piracy links

KJAthena

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:58 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
kjathena @ Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:24 pm wrote:
personally I ask alot of questions and complment the collection...most legit KJ's will them offer to show off there discs....I turn in preloaded HD sellers I see on ebay craigslist ect for fun.Unless I KNOW for a FACT someone is a pirate I do not turn them in. You would not beleive how many pirates brag about buying 1 disc and copying to multi rigs...they deserve turning in to POOP, SC and Chartbuster...they all have report piracy links

KJAthena

I know a few previously 'legit' kj's that caved & bought hard drives, one even supposedly sold all his originals - although some of his followers say he still has them so I can't say.
I knew of one company years ago that owned a store (not even karaoke related - it was a vacuum/sewing supply), he was able to to sell discs directly from the manus because he had a 'storefront'. He admitted to me one night that he would take all new discs, load them to his computer, RE-shrink wrap them & sell them for new - while keeping the copy for his multiple shows. LUCKILY he sucked enough that he didn't last in either the store or mobile side (at least in clubs). Sad thing is I actually helped him start out & he actually tried to work his way into the club at a lower price a couple years later. Luckily the manager directed him to me as the person he needed to talk to as far as a company change - she actually has done this more than once suprisingly, may be why I have been there 19 years.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:40 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 73 times
sadly I also know of a few "legit" KJ's that caved in and bought the preloaded drives and sold their discs..2 even offered to give us copies of the drives for free ....we dedclined and told them all along they were asking for trouble..3 dissappeared from the area this week....just up and moved away who knows where they will turn up or if they learned the lesson