KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - 'Adult'-themed songs... Suggestion!! Administrative Comments, Suggestions & Questions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:09 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 25 times
We all know how hard Phill works, but many of us are a bit frustrated with the limitation of SS submissions basically forced to be 'G-rated'.

This isn't a MAJOR inconvenience of course, but many of us have worked hard on songs which are, sometimes very mildly, sometimes overtly 'adult-themed', whether they contain a 'naughty' word, or whether they are sexually suggestive. There are also many adults here (most of us ARE adults) who would like the opportunity to occassionally listen to these songs.

I believe the problem could be easily solved by adding an 'over 18' option box (much like the 'critique' or 'JFF' current options) when submitting a song. This would automatically restrict anyone from listening who's profile age was 'under 18' (that would probably include the '0' age group just for safety).

As Buttrflygrl said, of course it IS possible to change one's age in the profile, but again, THAT would be a matter of parental control. Aside from 'extra work for Phill', can anyone see a reason why that is NOT a good idea?

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:25 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I'm curious as to how SS complies with the COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act).. which is also a consideration with what you are suggesting Seby.

I like your idea a lot and I would think that would help comply with the FTC's rule.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:04 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 25 times
Thanks Cindy :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 75
Been Liked: 63 times
Do the songs really have to be G-rated? I posted L.A. Song a while back and it has the S word in it.  Nobody said anything and the song didn't get deleted...did it just slip through because  noone from KS bothered to listen to it, or do they only care if it has the F word or a lot of cussing?  Just curious...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:02 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Songs: 2
Been Liked: 4 times
Hi Seb... I have no problem with it, BUT, I do know of a newbie on here. karaokemom's daughter who is only 11. Basically, theres no garentee to kids that age listening, even with a saftey symbol. I have no problem with it, but allowing kids that young to the floor creates a concern.. I think her user name is Briana.. Don't quote me.. Thats all I can add .. Have a good one.. ~~~~Mark n Mr. Mom =))

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:56 am 

My girlfriend and I just went out the other night...And, two of the songs sung were just disgusting.  Every other word was F her hard....etc. Another one S my brown nasty balls....It really turned us off. My age is showing......I felt like going up to them and saying, "would you sing that song if your Mama was in this room?" I mean what do you do in this situation? Don't go back?  
Lady K ~ newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:09 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
msbadillo @ Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:56 am wrote:
My girlfriend and I just went out the other night...And, two of the songs sung were just disgusting.  Every other word was F her hard....etc. Another one S my brown nasty balls....It really turned us off. My age is showing......I felt like going up to them and saying, "would you sing that song if your Mama was in this room?" I mean what do you do in this situation? Don't go back?  
Lady K ~ newbie

Is it really that hard of a decision.  If you go to a resturaunt, the food is cold, taste disgusting, and gives you food posining, do you go back?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:50 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

When you say 'many' that does make reference to a large group of people.
So far I've only seen one....
I seriously doubt that the policies of the SS would change for one person, though I could be wrong. Perhaps you should rally more support before presenting your case.
Is that the only song you have, is it that important to justify a change?
Just curious.

James
Maninblack

Being critical of a person's success in any respect speaks volumes about the lack of your own.

Love as though you've never been hurt, Dance as though no one's watching, Sing as though God Himself were listening.