KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - CAVS 203-G USB vs CAVS PLAY CDG Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:46 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
Was debating which of these two to get.  

1)  The CAVS 203G with USB to hard disk means I can copy the cdg songs onto the hard drive and play from the CAVS 203G.  I would think by using the hard drive I would reduce lag between songs and have a nice backup with of the cdg's or super cd-g's themselves.

The CAVS PLAY CDG is a software with a link here:

http://www.cavsusa.com/playcdg_home/playcdg_sp.htm

This is a PC software that accesses the CDG songs you have either in CDG disks or you can convert them to mp3-g files on your PC.

Any opinions on the quaility for either?  Quality of the tracks is my main concern.

Thanks

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:03 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
FOr me I chose to go the PC route.  Severl of my competiors use the CAVS systems, and they seem to have some problems from time to time.  THe most noticable is the lyrics getting out of sync with the music.  It's OK if you know the song, but if you don't it is irritating.

I have been using a Dell laptop for almost 3 years ow, and have yet to have any majior issues/problems.  I find it much more flexiable than a CAVS unit, there are many hosting programs out there and you can pick and choose what you want to use.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:07 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
I am not happy with the 203g usb I bought so wouldnt recommend it

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
I bought a cavs 203g and absolutely hated it..the only good thing about it was that it played scdgs. I got over that (glad I only bought a few scdgs) & am now using laptop. The reason I didnt like the cavs from what I remember ( its been a while now)  is b/c it took too long to cue up a song. I didnt like waiting for the cdg to load. It just didnt work at the shows we were doing... too much dead air. UNLESS I was using it TOTALLY wrong..which is another possibility.LOL !! But thats my thoughts on the cavs 203g anyways. Ohhhh !...Is there a difference between cavs 203g & 203 with usb. I dont remember Ive long ago sold it to my sister for a dvd player for my niece. Please forgive me if Im WAYYY of here.

[shadow=black][scroll]You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself....KD Lang[/scroll][/shadow]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:12 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
nah kel I have same prob plus some of the scdg discs that came with the machine dont work in the higher numbers, all in all its a bad buy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:55 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

The hard drive function of the 203g is definatly a pain to use and you still have to convert your files. SCDG works fine for me. But for hard drive players go with a laptop or an Acesonic KOD Jukebox for stability.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:02 am 

Quote:
Is there a difference between cavs 203g & 203 with usb

I believe with the USB you can copy the songs from your cdg's and even super cdgs to your PC hard drive.  It may make accessing the songs faster then using the discs.  You can also use the disks then as a backup to hard drive.  Anyone do this?