KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - The ultimate thrill Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: The ultimate thrill
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:18 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
maybe next lifetime, darn it! and a taurus too.....hmmmm...maybe we are better off!  :reddevil:

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: The ultimate thrill
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:35 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
For me, it happenned in Mexico. My wife and I were at an all inclusive south of Cancun. She had laughed at me for bringing a few karaoke discs 'just incase'....

Sure enough, our 3rd night there, the activities board said "Karaoke Tonight". We laughed about it and showed up at the start. There were about 50 or so people there and 5-10 singers. We each sang a song and got a pretty good reaction, so we decided to go for a 2nd round. The guy KJ'ing was shocked, but said we were good so he would let us be the last singers before he went back to dance music for the rest of the night. The place starts to fill up quickly...

By the time he calls me up, there are 4-500 people crammed in. People that were there early start going wild. I was doing one of my 'signature songs'- Mustang Sally.

The song starts and people go crazy. I had the audience luder than the music answering "Ride Sally Ride". I got a standing O at the end and then my wife got up to do her best song "These Boots are Made for Walking". Women were dancing on the bars!! When she was done and the dance music came up, people were wild. It took us about 15 mins to leave the bar with everyone saying how good we both were.

The next day in the pool we still had people coming up to ask asking what band we sang for!!

I have not had anything approaching that experience since, but I can tell you I don't leave home without discs now!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile