KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Bar Games Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Bar Games
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:16 pm 
IMO if you can not keep a karaoke crowd entertained night after night with nothing but karaoke, then you are not as good as you think you are.

Yeah I hear you.    But I also know hacks that play with one speaker that work steady.(15 years)    Doesn't mean she's any good.   Just means her "Price is Right."
Come on down....you are the next contestant.

I.E.   Brain surgeons that have to resort to house painting also, may not be the one you want to go to.    Says something about his lack of talent.

Don't tell me about "your area" and what works there.      Quality karaoke can stand on it's own anywhere.    

Maybe it's the talent "pool" that you attract.    Maybe the real serious quality singers go to other bars, that do not indulge in time wasting games.      Maybe they go to the karaoke bars that take karaoke more seriously.    

I know that my crowds are there for the quality of the sound.     And the fair rotation.     And my selection.     And maybe they like the fact that I treat my karaoke seriously.      The singers have talent and enjoy talent.      Singing makes the night.   Not interruptions for games and dance music.

Dance music sets and bar games are for rookies and hacks.  

If you learned how to run a non stop show, there would be no need to make up for it with more interruptions.      You already interrupt the show to wait for each singer to waddle up to the microphone after they discover it's their turn to sing.    Maybe your crowds like the interruptions, because that's all they have ever seen.    They become acclimated to an interrupted "everything but karaoke" show, all night.

First it's filler music interruptions. :asleep:

Then it's dance music interruptions. :asleep:

Then it's game time interruptions. :asleep:

When do you have an actual karaoke interruption?????    :dancin:     That would be something novel.

Only karaoke at at scheduled karaoke night.   What a great idea.    People getting together to sing all night.     I bet that might catch on and be something really popular.       Maybe I should patent it??????

I started a karaoke business and that's what I provide 100% of the time. :worship:  :worship:  :worship:  :worship:  :worship:  :worship:  

I can guarantee I will not waste anyones singing time with non karaoke interruptions.