KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - here's something funny! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: here's something funny!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:27 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
those who have been following the p-ville sage will understand this.
the new gig i have on firday nights asked me if i would onsider doing saturday nights as well (since my previous saturday gig cancelled on me [due to my working at my new gig!]).  of course i accepted, so now i have a friday gig AND a saturday gig making more money than i was before at my saturday gig.  by the way, the saturday gig is thinking of closing their doors due to lack of business......go figure!  i realy hat eo gloat about things, but someitmes i just have to say "nyah, nyah, nyah!"!
:whistle:

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:09 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I don't think anybody likes to admit that they'll dance on the proverbial grave, but sometimes, these fools that are running venues do it to themselves.

The sheer idea of a "no-compete" clause mystifies me, unless you're working for them SEVEN DAYS A WEEK! THEN and ONLY THEN can I truly understand it.

But if another bar wants to hire you, then what's the big deal? You're not taking away valuable assets from the bar (such as customers) on a non-competing night...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:24 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Yea!!!  Now I can see you show 2 times in one weekend.
:hi5:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:48 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

nah, i'll prolly have ryan (saturday singer) run the saturday show for me, so i can show y'all 'round town!  by the way, are we on for the 20th or the 27th?.....also i just had a thought (haven't checked w/ the missus yet so don't tell her![schild=14 fontcolor=C0C0C0 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]SSSshhhh![/schild]) but maybe she can set the studio up that weekend and get some good pics of ya'll for her protfolio.....that is if she has time, wants to, and ya'll want to also!  
am i still drunk from last night?1 :drunk:   yay. pizza's here!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:14 am 
Knight, I have to ask ... someone actually signed a contract with a noncompete clause???  Time for a business class for KJs methinks.  No service contractor worth their salt should ever sign a document with that kind of language.  It gives the client too much ammunition to break the contract or file suit for damages if you do so much as a B-Day party outside of their venue! :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:19 pm 
I wouldn't sign one.   It just goes to show that the bar owner cut off his nose to spite you.     Bar business is too shaky to be pulling a stunt like that.   Now all of his patrons can spend their money at the competition. LMAO

I have a KJ idiot competitor that is a jerk and has jerks working for him.   He can't understand why he loses business.    The bar owner has told him so, but he still works at the bar chasing more customers away.    Makes perfect business sense to me.  LMAO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:02 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

dsharrow @ Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:14 pm wrote:
Knight, I have to ask ... someone actually signed a contract with a noncompete clause???  Time for a business class for KJs methinks.  No service contractor worth their salt should ever sign a document with that kind of language.  It gives the client too much ammunition to break the contract or file suit for damages if you do so much as a B-Day party outside of their venue! :shock:
nooooo, I was talking about the original post in this topic... they were let go because they started a gig at another bar... and the original bar got all uppity about it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Here's the absolutely funniest thing about it....

I'm in the bar that fired me RIGHT NOW DJing a wedding reception!  how funny is that?!  not to toot my own horn, but it seems the only time they have a crowd is when i'm around.  not that i'm the reason folks are here this time, but still, there's a crowd and im here!

the bar manager has been polite but curt at best.  oh, well...there's talk that the place will be sold within a month.  i'll just pick up here, where i left off when the new owners move in! LMAO i know, i know, humility and all that, but it's just too easy to thimb my nose at them and say nyah, nyah, nyah!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:06 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

no vocals @ Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:48 am wrote:
nah, i'll prolly have ryan (saturday singer) run the saturday show for me, so i can show y'all 'round town!  by the way, are we on for the 20th or the 27th?.....also i just had a thought (haven't checked w/ the missus yet so don't tell her![schild=14 fontcolor=C0C0C0 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]SSSshhhh![/schild]) but maybe she can set the studio up that weekend and get some good pics of ya'll for her protfolio.....that is if she has time, wants to, and ya'll want to also!  
am i still drunk from last night?1 :drunk:   yay. pizza's here!

Sounds good to me!  I am sure we will have a lot of fn whatever we do.

I talked to everyone abouth the 27th and cause it will be the Halloween weekend they didn't think it would be a good idea to be traveling then.  So I guess it is the 21st.