KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Topless Karaoke??? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Topless Karaoke???
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:04 pm 
Well is this http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,210841,00.html a new direction for karaoke??? :O

Maybe I ought to contact some of the local risque  :reddevil: establishments to see if they need a KJ  LMAO

Post subject: Re: Topless Karaoke???
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:25 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
dsharrow @ Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:04 pm wrote:
Well is this http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,210841,00.html a new direction for karaoke??? :O

Maybe I ought to contact some of the local risque  :reddevil: establishments to see if they need a KJ  LMAO

We did the local nudist convention social two years running. Talk about an appreciative uninhibited crowd. On the dance floor from the first song, clapping and cheering after every number. One thing tho...I dont EVER want to see the naked limbo again it was TOOOOOOOOO much information

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:25 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 4 times
Now you can get up there onstage and make a real boob of yourself.   LOL

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:29 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
The drunk sometime go topless to sing, but they are always men LOL

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:32 pm 
May I have two pickets to titsburg please.... :drool:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:12 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Johnny Echo @ Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:32 pm wrote:
May I have two pickets to titsburg please.... :drool:

its true when they say the ones that frequent Naturist clubs are the ones that should never be seen naked

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:05 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I hear they already have topless karaoke in Austin for some time. I haven't been yet to check it out though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:59 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
my company was asked about it... by a local strip joint. I declined... I just didn't need the headache. Many of the strip joints in Portland, OR, including the one that asked me about nude karaoke, have frequent and serious drug usage going on in there... by some types that I'd just not associate with.

Just not my scene! The LAST thing I think about is singing when I see women like that! LOL!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:59 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

knightshow @ Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:59 pm wrote:
my company was asked about it... by a local strip joint. I declined... I just didn't need the headache. Many of the strip joints in Portland, OR, including the one that asked me about nude karaoke, have frequent and serious drug usage going on in there... by some types that I'd just not associate with.

Just not my scene! The LAST thing I think about is singing when I see women like that! LOL!

At least your errrr mic would be standing to attn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:13 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I played a regular gig every friday and saturday night for a naturist club here in the area, and djed the dances for almost 10 years.  It is a quite popular thing, and actually a non-event (if you are expecting excitement). The Tips were great , and The people at the club enjoyed it tho. I have moved on from there.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:09 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Funny you should mention it, but I'll be playing a gig at a naturist resort this weekend.  

I've played one other event and had a blast.  It was the first time I actually didn't mind three chicks coming up to sing Goodbye Earl!

On a serious note, I am working to position my business as "naked friendly" since those folks like entertainment just like the rest of us do and I'm sure it's hard for them to find entertainers who are like minded and not uptight about the whole situation.  It may be a whole new niche for my business that will keep me going strong when the regular bar market becomes oversaturated.

New business slogan:  Big Mike Karaoke, the midwest's premier naked karaoke show!

I just hope Larry and the mule don't show up!   :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:17 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
Again, I say to you all, THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU THINK IT IS!!!

This nudist colony is here in the Tampa Bay area and just happens to be about a mile from my friend's parent's house. The colony is pretty much EXCLUSIVELY men and women 55+.

SO, if your idea of a good time is watching your mother or grandmother karaoke naked, by all means this one's for you!!!!

For me, however, if they are not under 30, I'm taking my dollar bills and going elsewhere!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:32 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote:
This nudist colony is here in the Tampa Bay area and just happens to be about a mile from my friend's parent's house. The colony is pretty much EXCLUSIVELY men and women 55+.

SO, if your idea of a good time is watching your mother or grandmother karaoke naked, by all means this one's for you!!!!

Watching is not really relevant here Karaoke is a participation event. Besides I am over 55 so most by your definition are my age.

However, I have played at the camp in Kissimee Forida not far from that one, and as a blanket statement What you say is not true. All ages are present. Florida, and especially the area around there is pretty much a retirement area. There are a lot of people down there at any given location that is over 55. I am quite sure if you go into a grunge bar you won't find mant over 55 but that's anywhere.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:48 am 
Naked, grunge, over 55, karaoke.... :whistle:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:05 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Duh--FLORIDA, God's waiting room! Of course there's going to be a lot of older folks there.  At the shows I have done in the past, the crowd was very similar to a crowd at a regular karaoke show.  All ages, races and sizes--just naked.

In any case, I'm not going there to ogle naked people.  I'm going there to host a show and have a good time.  I understand that not everyone is comfortable with nudity or whatever and that's fine--just stay away and leave it alone!

Plus you get to make so many great naked jokes to boot!  Like Eelvis saying the "Tips were great,"  I'd say he was lucky they didn't slip him the whole thing!  

The most frequent comment I get from folks about these events is they tell me, "It's hard enough to get up and sing as it is, much less naked."  I just tell them that they don't have to be "UP" to sing, they can just sing as they are!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:35 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Quote:
Watching is not really relevant here Karaoke is a participation event. Besides I am over 55 so most by your definition are my age.

However, I have played at the camp in Kissimee Forida not far from that one, and as a blanket statement What you say is not true. All ages are present. Florida, and especially the area around there is pretty much a retirement area. There are a lot of people down there at any given location that is over 55. I am quite sure if you go into a grunge bar you won't find mant over 55 but that's anywhere.

Oh man, you got me. I was just trying to keep all the women to myself. Truth be told, everyone, the nudist colonies here by my house are busting at the gills with attractive, nubile women who sing karaoke. Come on down and check it out, you certainly won't be disappointed!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:38 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
It happened last Thursday.  One of our singers (v beautiful) said if she screwed up her song she'd take off her top and she did.  Poor Laurie The Guy was pretty well useless the rest of the night.  Everytime she got back up to sing, everybody paid attention.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:48 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I actually had a bonified stripper doing part of her routine at my bar last Wednesday night. She was about 19 and smokin hot. She was in St. Pete on vacation with a few other gals and a bunch of guys, and they came to my bar straight from the beach. She was wearing like a tube-top dress coverup thingy over her string bikini and doing her best moves to show off what was underneath. It was great because she technically kept her clothes on, so the bar manager let her go nuts all night long!! That will draw back more of a crowd than I could ever pull on my own!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:04 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I understand that most people who have never been to a naturist/nudist/clothing optional area (which, incidentally, includes me) think that it must be great to see all those naked bodies and that it must be difficult not to get turned on.  Then when they get there they find it's not like that at all, and in fact ogling people is quite a faux pas at such places.  Trying to look sexy while nude is not only difficult for most people, but completely misses the point of the place anyway; not wearing clothes is supposed to make you less self-conscious, not more.

I understand that fat people actually look somewhat better without clothes since they don't have to either squeeze themselves into clothes that are too tight or wear some sort of babushka to cover themselves.  Hard to believe, but that's what I've been told.

I've always wondered where men keep their wallets if they don't wear pants.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:06 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
Quote:
That will draw back more of a crowd than I could ever pull on my own!!

If you did pull on your own, chances are you'd be leaving in bracelets. LMAO