KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Got some bad news today... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:31 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
Well I try not to divulge too much of my personal life here on KS but thought I could use some prayers from as many people as possible right about now. So here goes...

There is alot of "stuff" going on in my life right now like my mom is dying of emphysema (sp?) our business is not doing so well after a bout with my ex KJ ( my brother) and his bad mouthing us all over town ( I could go on & on about this one but will spare you all) Ive had more than a few health related things going on that arent looking so good.Ive just felt in the past few months Ive been spinning my wheels trying to do things I thought were right just for them to backfire in my face.

So .. long story ...well ...long LOL I got myself into a car wreck (my fault) in April of 02 I am blessed beyond belief to be alive right now, but on & off over the last few years had trouble with my right leg & foot the worst of my injuries. As a matter of fact the Drs told my family right after it happened that it should be amputated. Im glad they refused for me. Anyways I have a titanium rod & screws in my tibia & ankle (amongst alot of other places)   & have had something called osteomylitis (a bone infection) in whats left of my tibia but that has since healed up. Now I have had a ulcer ( open hole is the easiest way to describe it )  on the bottom of my foot under my pinkie toe  for about 9 months now going to Dr. office once a week to get them to keep an eye on it. I went Tues and had an MRI done and they found a bone infection in my little toe and 5th metetarsal there was no way to catch this on a regular xray & so the Dr was treating it like a normal ulcer kinda like a diabetic ulcer basically just mantainance(sp?). The Dr says that the best most efficient way to get rid of this seeing its so bad is to take my little toe off and shave the bone right under it. Im not scared of surgery Ive had 12 so far from this accident,or scars Ive already passed that point. Im just scared of trying to walk with 4 toes & something called foot drop (where I can push my foot down but I cant bring it up on my own. Damaged tendons & ligaments.) I just got out of a wheelchair full time in April of 05 so I do not want to get back in it ya know? I walk ok with a brace inside a shoe that is " built up" ( because my right leg is now shorter than my left by about 2 inches) and a cane & do ok for what Ive been through. I guess its the fear of the unknown thats getting me. I just wanna come out of this at least as well as I went into it .

So that why you see me on this site alot I do what little bit of house cleaning I can do take a break (which consists of computer, tv or karaoke ) cleaning , break cleaning, break ( got it? )  I have come to be quite addicted to this place I love all the silly posts and different personalities here and I "try" to be like a sponge with all the tech stuff ( doesnt always work though LOL) Karaoke has been a big part of my life since I turned 21 old enough to get into the places that were having it. I dont claim to be the best singer or KJ but I do enjoy karaoke for what it is, fun and entertaining. After my accident I didnt want to pick up a mic or listen to music at all. I was coming home from karaoke night when I crossed the center line of the road hitting a car head on and killing the man in the other car.( yes there were legal measures taken )  I felt so guilty for even wanting to hear music that I wouldnt let myself do it. Through my faith I was able after 9 months to listen to music & pick up a mic. I now deal with stresses thru karaoke. I mostly stay home & sing.I dont drink anymore & havent since the accident so sometimes am uncomfortable in bars ( that s why we hired a KJ & we ( hubby and family)  usually do the mobile recording studio at fairs & festivals & parties)
Karaoke is such a crazy & fun thing but I really would be lost without it ( only so much ebayin' a woman can do without hubby takin' the credit cards back LOL) To have a site like this dedicated to karaoke enthusiasts from all over & be able to feel welcome is so heartwarming, I thank you all.Please keep me & my family in your prayers as I will you & yours, :hug:

Also I know you probably have more questions on the accident & all so here is a memorial website that I have in memory of the man that was killed. http://www.john-sowers-sr.com/  Please know that I am not a bad person just a person who made a bad decision. I know I am blessed to be on this earth and free to be writing to you on this computer. So please if you feel the need to be negative remember that I am a real person and not  a computer droid. Thanks for letting me vent.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:51 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
You will most definitely be in my prayers tonight. Yeah that's right this ole heathen prays quite a bit, in fact many times during the day.
May you find strength and courage, in your heart, in your faith, in your family and friends.

James

Being critical of a person's success in any respect speaks volumes about the lack of your own.

Love as though you've never been hurt, Dance as though no one's watching, Sing as though God Himself were listening.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:59 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
Kelly hon living with not only the physical reminders but also the emotional ones must be tough indeed. A long time friend of mine was charged with vehicular murder after doing exactly the same as you described. He spent time inside for it and his guilt nearly destroyed him. Even now he has bouts of wondering why he was spared when it should have been the other way around.
Its tough indeed when the lessons we learn result in the demise of another. You would only be a bad person if you hadn't learned the lesson.
I have no words of faith or prayers to offer you, because I am not a believer, but I have empathy and sympathy for the physical and emotional turmoil that you must be in.
My belief is that all things are cyclic (good and bad) eventually this cycle will end and you will begin another. It may not necessarily be a good cycle you enter but it will be different. The trick is to be in the right state physically and emotionally to take advantage of it.
It is not up to anyone else to judge you Kelly, I doubt that anyone could be harder on you than you probably have been on yourself.  
The toughest part is learning to forgive yourself.
Blessed be

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:13 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks James I appreciate it.

Quote:
My belief is that all things are cyclic (good and bad) eventually this cycle will end and you will begin another. It may not necessarily be a good cycle you enter but it will be different. The trick is to be in the right state physically and emotionally to take advantage of it.

Yes Ive noticed that too, just gotta be a breather in between sometimes ya know?
We me hubby & kids took this past 3 day wkend & spent it at the beach. That did wonders for me I feel calmer now ,now Im in a reflective mood ,just kinda lookin at everything from how far Ive come in the past 4 years to now. I did most definatly learn from this as did my girls. They are 16 & 12 now, old enough now for outside pressures to influence them so thats a +.Tryin to stay positive. Thanks for not judging me that means alot.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:19 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
I am big on these :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:42 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I agree whole heartedly with James and Morgan!  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:14 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

You, my dear, are an incredibly strong person, and while my heart goes out to you, so does a great deal of admiration. Even though it was started by a tragedy, you are setting a wonderful example for others---maybe especially us here, so many of whom tend to hang out in bars.

You are definitely in my heart right now and will be so always. We are here for you.
:hug:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:21 am 
You are still my friend.   :hug:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:37 am 
Kelley,
My prayers are with you.   :hug:

Remember that (at least in the religion I ascribe to) all sins are forgiven if you repent.  In other words, you admit your faults and truly attempt to never repeat them. It appears that you truly have repented  :worship: something that is not easy to do.  You are to be commended on subsequent actions.

Also remember, there is usually a reason for the trials we undergo.  We don't understand why most of the time and a lot of the time the trials are not because of ourselves personally but for the benefit of others.  Your trials appear to have already made a lasting impression on your daughters and may prevent them from making a similar mistake (see, one good thing already :) ).

I could go on and on with this topic but I'll refrain for now for the rest of you.  Just remember that you are loved and that in the final judgement what other people may say about you doesn't matter.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:57 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thank all of you that wish me well you guys have been so nice to me since Ive been on this site. I appreciate all of your thoughts & prayers.
Last night was "one of those nights" I didnt plan to write a book on my pinkie toe but thought you needed some background on why my toe was like that in the first place. Thanks for taking the time to read all of that  :)  :hug:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:15 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

kelley - I am glad you posted. You should never feel like you are
imposing by opening up and sharing what is going on in your life.
You need the support of others right now. It would be my honor to
say a prayer for you and your family. You have been through some
very troubling times. I feel for you deeply and wish I could do more.

When I feel like I am overwhelmed, I always remember the quote:

God only gives us what we can handle

(I only wish he wouldn't trust me so much)  :D

Another thing that used to help me a lot is something my mother taught me. When
things get rough live day to day or even minute by minute. Don't worry about all the
what ifs. Take life at the speed you can handle it and before you know it time has passed and things look brighter.  :hug: My thoughts are with you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:24 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

You will be in my prayers Kelley.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:51 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Hunny it sound like you are having some awful bad times, and i do wish you the best.  Lets pray some day in the future your troubles will float away...
PS  ...Sorry to hear about your mother, I have had a family member die of emphysema and it was really upsetting ...The best to ya Dollface I will keep you in my heart when I pray.
Love Cat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:20 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

:hug:  :hug:  :hug: to all of you

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:57 pm 
If I told you all of my problems, everyone would commit suicide.   :yes:  I'd be convicted of mass murder.   LMAO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:14 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 47 times
Kell.....

I went to the website and read everything there, and looked at the pics too.

Things like that, there never is a happy ending. It's hard to really come up with anything "wise" to say to you.... because there is so much involved with the story.... Your pain, both physical and mental that you'll always deal with, and their terrible loss.

Guess all I can say is.... you'll be in my prayers, as well as his family. It must be awful, for both sides, and most likely always will be.

Hugs, girl...  :hug:

As to your brother, smack him upside the head, always works with mine.  :D  (kidding) I've lost a brother, who I was very close to. I'd try to make it right with him, just cause..... someday, you don't want to look back and say "I wish I would have...". If he wont let you, atleast you'll know ya tried.

As to your mom.... hug her and squeeze her all you can while you still got the chance. My mom is like my best friend, I can't imagine being without her.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:59 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Hi Kelley.. what a heart wrenching story. Thank you for sharing it. Many of us have taken that risk at one time or another.... after reading the statements and seeing the horrifying pictures, I was left with a deep sadness for all involved. You are doing a good thing by telling your story. I know it has left a profound impression on me.

Hugs and prayers coming your way..  :hug:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:19 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

:hug:  More hugs to yall  :hug:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:26 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

You don't know me, Kelley, but my heart goes out to you.
I hope you continue to heal and I'm glad to hear your back home with your family.
Your story makes me grateful to have my own family around me.
My hubby and I are always careful about taking turns being the designated driver and you've just reinforcrd why it's so important to do that.
Thanks for sharing your story. :hug:

Barb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:30 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Songs: 2
Hey Kelley...you are in my prayers. I have been looking at some new material to sub and found one, but haven't done it yet...here's the words, because it sounds like your ship is being battered something fierce.

"The Anchor holds, though the ship is battered. The Anchor holds, though the sails are torn. I have fallen on my knees, as I faced the raging seas, but the Anchor holds in spite of the storm"   :hug:  

God Bless you in all you do. - Tonya