KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - HTPC as a Karaoke Jukebox? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:43 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Currently I'm using a 400 disc Sony DVD Changer to store all of my Karaoke DVD collections. I've lost a lot of covers if not all the covers to my DVD during my recent relocation. Also, the disc changing process is taking a little longer than I'd like.  Searching for songs is a nightmare now, and hosting a karaoke party is more of a chores more than pleasure for me it seems.

With the price of computer component dropping like a rock, I'm thinking of building a HTPC, with perhaps two 750gb Sata drives, 1.5 TB should give me roughly 319 single side DVD or 150 dual layers. The only DVD I have that are dual layers are my movies, those I'm not worried about.

But then again, I'll have problems with juggling throw the different songs. What are some of the popular software to do this? Any recommendation on hardware?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile