KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - What have so far been your most humorous or weirdest karaoke experiences ? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:25 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
Sorry if this has been discussed before (if so, please give any previoius thread
links), but what's so far been the weirdest (whatever your own definition of that is)
and / or the most humorous karaoke experience/s you've had, either with something you were performing, or something you watched any other person/s perform.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:55 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

I once watched as a Gay guy got up and sang Cline's 'Crazy' to his boyfriend....It was in a redneck Louisiana bar, and these guys where from up north staying in a nearby hotel.

It wasn't funny...Just ask them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:02 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
A large man singing "Barbie World" and dancing around the stage.  It was the funniest darn thing I have ever seen.  And I didn't just see it the one time the guy was a regular and he did it every week.  It was just as funny everytime.....He said it was his favorite song ever.

And yes, he was gay and very proud to be so...  and he was one of the sweetest people I have ever known.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:29 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
We were in The green mill singin and playin pool. Dan was one of those big docile guys that everybody loved and he wouldnt hurt a mouse. Ive only seen him mad a couple of times in 10 years And only when he was pretty well toasted.  He laid his lighter on the pool table and a guy picked it up used it and had it setting on his table. Unintentional... All of a sudden Dan said who da F*** stole my lighter and spotted it.. Next thing he had this kid up against the wall. The bartender came flying out and dan was cussin...

All of a sudden Ok lets get Dan up here. Dan shook his finger at the kid and said dont you go anywhere... Went up and sang Feed Jake like absolutely nothing was going on.. He then came cruisin back Whered that little sob go? Of course he was long gone. I was laughin so hard I was crying..Dan came over still pissed well where is he? I couldnt even talk...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:31 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 52 times
Had a big outdoor gig for a town celebration, sponserd by and located at the bars beer garden.  

Had a great time, played from 8pm to 2am.  Was tearing down, no music had been playing for like 10 minutes.  While I was setting speakers off the "stage" A drunk, blonde, 20 somthing female cam up and asked "Is the music over?"

I replied, with out skipping a beat, "Nope, the music never ends, it just gets quieter sometimes."

She walked away with a dumb founded look on her face.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:27 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I had gotten up to go to the restroom not realizing I was next in rotation to sing.  While I'm still finishing up ( LOL ), the KJ starts beating on the door yelling,"LULY, LULY!!! It's YOUR turn!! Hurry up in there!!!!".   :shock: I about pinched myself on the toilet seat rushing....finished up quick and ran to the door.  When I opened the door to scramble out, he's standing there with the dang mic in hand talking to the audience about what he thinks I'm doing in there!! I said a few choice things into the mic, thinking he's BS'g and the mic's not really on....but when I got to the main room everyone was up on their feet giving me a standing ovation!!  :worship: I coulda KILLED him!!!!!!  LOL  LOL  LOL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:16 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

LMAO I loved Lulys.

Let's see, I had a guy lose his pants while singing. He didn't even realise they fell down until everyone started laughing.

I had a slow night when I first got into KJing and me and another guy sang on hellium
from balloons left over from a party the night before. That was a hoot!

I've had many nights where I laughed so hard my stomach hurt. Usually when some
one gets silly singing using the props.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:25 pm 
Anthony, what, no 'Here's your sign?' LMAO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:23 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I've seen several memorable experiences on the karaoke stage. One guy was singing "Touch Myself" while gyrating on the floor, and yes, touching himself in oh so many ways... his friends are standing on the booths just hootin' and hollering and the singer went even further.

The truly hysterical part of it was the kj's reaction. She very flamboyantly grabbed the mic back from him using latex gloves, and proceeded to wipe the mic down with an antiseptic cloth... the whole time glaring at him with a disgusted look. And then said over the mic, "Okay, we're gonna let that mic sit for a while, just in case it tries to get the next singer pregnant!"

That same night, a guy got up to sing "Honesty" by Billy Joel... and changed ONE word. The title of the song... to "Sod.omy", and used gestures... I couldn't stop laughing for fifteen mins.

"Sod.omy... is SUCH a lonely word..."

The KJ cut him off halfway through... and got literally BOO'd out of the whole place... even her boss (manager) got into it!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:37 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

LMAO

I have a guy who does "I feel like a woman" and puts in phrases
like "doing it doggy style" instead of "doing it in style". He prances
around the stage like he is gay and sings to the men. He makes comments about being on his period, where are the credit cards, and do I look fat in this.
He is a very good singer and just does it for fun. When he comes in people always request him to do it again. Always funny!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:04 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
Phatrat had a friend once who was 6'2", about 250# and did a very good job of singing stand by your man. He would switch his voice between pretty and manly, it was hilarious.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:30 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

one of my friends and regulars in Portland used to sing "Honey I'm home" by Shania... and he did it in the best style... sang it like Creedence Clearwater Revival, and boy did it sound as if Archie Bunker was in the house. Total Male Chauvinest Pig (Keith02, you'd have loved him)...

Some folks like to do certain things that make them truly and uniquely them. One friend of mine would ALWAYS state on the mic "I've never EVER done this before, ever!" (or something along those lines), and we'd yell out "LIAR!!!"

Seeing people pantomime Milli Vanilli songs, and have the actual singers behind them...

One guy did Devo's "WHIP IT" and WHIPPED off his belt right in unison with the song, and CRACKKKKKK on the floor. Made everyone jump like twelve feet! LOL! And he got a standing ovation for his efforts!

When I met my fiance, I was goofing around when the singer was singing "Son of a preacher man" and I was telling her group "OMG... can you imagine if a gay guy sang this?" and started doing it near their table with a serious z-snap attitude... had them rolling. The funny part was, I wanted to date this gal... sure, act Gay, and then try to convince the girl you want to go out with her! LOL!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:29 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Speaking along the gay men theme, two incidents.

First, we were doing a karaoke party during a superbowl party. We decided to do gender bender, where you have to do a song from opposite sex. Rog, who is gay and most of the people knew it came up and did "it's raining men" and did such a great job. However, it struck us as very funny and we couldn't stop laughing.

I was doing a private gig in San Francisco. It was mostly married couples thing. There was this one guy who's about 50lb overweight and obviously gay. When 5 marries women went up there to do "I will survive" as a group, he screamed hysterically then came to me and asked for another mic. He then stood up in front of these women and started to do this over acting dance routine and started to sing the lead. It was just so funny.

Another one. At the same SF party, one guy asked me for one of my wireless mics. He then goes to the other room. His buddy is next and comes up. His buddy started to lip-sync to a song and for about half the song, no one knew that he was lip syncing until other guy started to do some free style singing. The guy on stage trying to keep up with the free style was really funny and when the crowd realized what was happening, they started to cheer him on. So, he gave up half on the song and started to do Elaine (Seinfeld) dance routine. I guess you had to be there.  LMAO

Seize the day and SING!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:01 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

lol i just wrote a subject on this... its pretty funny i went on stage all nerevous as hell and couldn't figure out whyu poeple were laughin... wll i had wore a cut outfit that day of the compititioun and i did my song turs out i forgot to put on underware and did a bend down and nobody missed it... every one ssaw it and it was horrible...lol itwas one of those days

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:10 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
starbaby_69 @ Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:01 am wrote:
lol i just wrote a subject on this... its pretty funny i went on stage all nerevous as hell and couldn't figure out whyu poeple were laughin... wll i had wore a cut outfit that day of the compititioun and i did my song turs out i forgot to put on underware and did a bend down and nobody missed it... every one ssaw it and it was horrible...lol itwas one of those days

errrrrr if you are going to wrote another subject on this you might like to brush up on grammar and spelling

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:19 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 47 times
starbaby_69 @ Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:01 pm wrote:
lol, I just wrote a subject on this... its pretty funny, I went on stage all nervous as hell and couldn't figure out why poeple were laughin'... well I had worn a cute outfit the day of the competition, and I did my song, turns out I forgot to put on underwear and did a bend down and nobody missed it... every one saw it and it was horrible...lol, it was one of those days

Yeah, I got that on video..... shall I post it on YouTube?  LMAO

p.s....... Auntie corrected your spelling and grammer for ya, no worries.  LOL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:20 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 47 times
MorganLeFey @ Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:10 pm wrote:
errrrrr if you are going to wrote another subject on this you might like to brush up on grammar and spelling

:shock:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Don't ya just hate when that happens! :shock:  LMAO

Kelly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:54 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

if ya dont like dont look...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 50
There are so many it's hard to say where to start.

Once I got up to sing "Blue Suede Shoes" by Elvis and two girls came running up to the stage and danced next to me and finished up by each getting on the floor and each grabbing one of my legs (one on each side of me).  I could have gotten used to that.

Once I got up and sang Pink Floyd "Comfortably Numb" and after I finished and went back to the bar a man came up to me and shook my hand. He went into a very long story about how his son had died of testicular cancer but that after his son had been diagnosed as being in the final stages of cancer he had taken his son around the country to try to enjoy the time they had left. Whenever his son was in and out of treatment he was always so sick and the drugs they gave him made him even worse. His "favorite" song became "Comfortably Numb".  The man went on to say that now every once in a while his son tells him he's all right by having that song play for him.  The man said for it to be played at karaoke was one in a million and for me to hit it the way I did was a testament that his son was there (I guess) helping me or something. The whole story actually shook me up a little in terms of it made me a little depressed and certainly I felt a little different about singing that song at karaoke anymore. At one time I would sing that song regularly.

One time at a bar on Austin's famous 6th street, I got up to sing (was called and was getting on stage) and had an "almost" full anaphalactic reaction to drinking Jack Daniels Whiskey. (Just as I was grabbing the mic/ a song i was singing with another friend named Bill) Even though I thought I was going to die onstage at karaoke, my windpipe seemed to clear enough for me to not only breath but to start singing....guess you have to have your priorities. I have found that drinking icewater while doing things that make my throat swell from allergy is a good thing and I should have run for some, but karaoke comes first!   :whistle:

These are a few of the stories I can tell without getting in trouble with a certain someone who has been reading what I write in here. I've had to answer for writing what amounts to mild flirting.  I'm so ashamed! (I'm a baaaaad man!)  :yes: