KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Just won my first Ebay bid..woohoo Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:28 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Okay I finally did it. Yeah I know most of you are old pros at this kinda thing, but it was a whole new experience for me.  
First of all thanks to Lonman for the lead on the particular item. I got the Dangerous Disc set, for 17 bucks plus 5 bucks shipping. LOL the funny part is, I could have done the 'buy it now' for 19.99, but I wanted to give it a try and see what the 'bidding' thing was all about. I mean even at the sellers full price you couldn't beat it. Of course I'm sitting there the whole time with a calculator, doing the math on the breakdown of per disc price and per song price. So yeah, I'm a very happy camper, and I'm finally glad to get my Ebay cherry busted, especially on such a cool disc set.
Thanks again to everyone that talked me through the process, and all the tips that everyone gave me. I really appreciate it.

James
Maninblack

Being critical of a person's success in any respect speaks volumes about the lack of your own.

Love as though you've never been hurt, Dance as though no one's watching, Sing as though God Himself were listening.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:30 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
maninblack @ Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:28 pm wrote:
Okay I finally did it. Yeah I know most of you are old pros at this kinda thing, but it was a whole new experience for me.  
First of all thanks to Lonman for the lead on the particular item. I got the Dangerous Disc set, for 17 bucks plus 5 bucks shipping. LOL the funny part is, I could have done the 'buy it now' for 19.99, but I wanted to give it a try and see what the 'bidding' thing was all about. I mean even at the sellers full price you couldn't beat it. Of course I'm sitting there the whole time with a calculator, doing the math on the breakdown of per disc price and per song price. So yeah, I'm a very happy camper, and I'm finally glad to get my Ebay cherry busted, especially on such a cool disc set.
Thanks again to everyone that talked me through the process, and all the tips that everyone gave me. I really appreciate it.

James
Maninblack
WTG! Helluva deal.

Now be careful not to to become addicted.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:33 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Great deal, I paid $24 plus shipping for mine.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:39 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

There's nothing quite like the thrill of those last 60 seconds of bid time!   LOL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:45 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Yes, soon we will not being seeing him anymore he will be on ebay day and night bidding on things he don't need now nor will he ever need....I remember you said you were a pack rat....We could have created a monster!!!

LOL  :wave:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:19 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

60 seconds, oh man the last three minutes were torture. Right at the last minute, someone matched my max price, but since I was first....hehehehehehe.
Yeah I was refreshing that dayum page every fifteen seconds, making sure I didn't get outbid. I have to admit, it was pretty stressful that last minute. Which is silly cos the whole time I'm sitting there thinking to myself, 'why you stressing, the guys has several sets you can just buy' but it was that thrill, the rush that had me hooked.
Oh yes I am a serious packrat, but a rat with a full house of stuff and a storage building to boot. Thank goodness I work with the folks who run the storage place. When ever they're out of town, I go and show the units and do the contracts, so I get my unit free.
What's become obsessive is this karaoke business. It's gotten to the point that I've even started neglecting my Netflix account, and trust me, I am a heavy duty movie junkie. So now I end up staying up most of the night anyways, trying to catch up on my movies while I'm surfing the net and yakking with you folks. Good lord, that's all I need is to get addicted to Ebay. But there is a cure for Ebay, it's called lack of money. Now if I get to the point where I start shuffling bills around to get my Ebay fix, then I'll know I'm in trouble. The worst part is, I haven't even started surfing the book pages yet, cos I know I'm gonna spend some serious time in that section. Yes, you folks have created a monster....LOL

James
Maninblack

Being critical of a person's success in any respect speaks volumes about the lack of your own.

Love as though you've never been hurt, Dance as though no one's watching, Sing as though God Himself were listening.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:55 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote:
But there is a cure for Ebay, it's called lack of money. Now if I get to the point where I start shuffling bills around to get my Ebay fix, then I'll know I'm in trouble. The worst part is, I haven't even started surfing the book pages yet, cos I know I'm gonna spend some serious time in that section. Yes, you folks have created a monster....

OH you are sooo hooked !!  :yes:  LOL  :yes:  LOL . I used to ebay all day and night but now I ebay half the day and half the night the other halves are spent here !! I think Karaoke Scene has created a monster !!! :shock:  LMAO

[shadow=black][scroll]You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself....KD Lang[/scroll][/shadow]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:10 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Oh and hubby and kids just set me up a myspace .Now I'll never get the laundry done !! LOL  check it out Hubby put great pics of me and him and our girls and friends  on it the addy is http://www.myspace.com/karaokekelley he did a good job he also has one for Starsounds karaoke its on my top 8 you can click on it from my page if any of you know what Im talking about I dont even know how to post yet Hubbys tryin to learn me !!  :) Still working on an about me blurb keep lookin' back.  
 Computers !! I love 'em !!  :worship:   LOL

[shadow=black][scroll]You have to respect your audience. Without them, you're essentially standing alone, singing to yourself....KD Lang[/scroll][/shadow]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:48 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
Quote:
First of all thanks to Lonman for the lead on the particular item. I got the Dangerous Disc set, for 17 bucks plus 5 bucks shipping.  the funny part is, I could have done the 'buy it now' for 19.99, but I wanted to give it a try and see what the 'bidding' thing was all about. I mean even

Thanks for the tip    I just ordered that set as well $19.95 + $5.00 shipping

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:53 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
E-bay is my crank, I SWEAR ta Gawd! LOL!

Recently, I picked up the discontinued SC8148 for $50 + $10 S&H. I was VERY happy with that one!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:02 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

mroctober @ Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:48 am wrote:
Quote:
First of all thanks to Lonman for the lead on the particular item. I got the Dangerous Disc set, for 17 bucks plus 5 bucks shipping.  the funny part is, I could have done the 'buy it now' for 19.99, but I wanted to give it a try and see what the 'bidding' thing was all about. I mean even

Thanks for the tip    I just ordered that set as well $19.95 + $5.00 shipping
I got the set too for about the same price.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:45 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I mean when you can pick up a set of good tunes for a little over 2 bucks a disc and under 20cents a song, how can you go wrong. I'm thinking about placing a bid on another set of the Dangerous disc just so I can have it as a back up.  
What amazes me, is the same guy has the All Hits and SGB sets, and folks are bidding more for those than the Dangerous????
He also has a couple of Acesonic players for sale. Anyone have any feedback on these units. I know of a couple of people here that use that brand and they're pretty pleased.
One feature that I liked in particular is the auto lock on the unit when the power is off.
It keeps the carriage and laser from getting bounced around when transporting. The unit also comes with a rack mount kit, which is nice.  

James
Maninblack

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:03 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

maninblack @ Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:45 am wrote:
One feature that I liked in particular is the auto lock on the unit when the power is off.
It keeps the carriage and laser from getting bounced around when transporting. The unit also comes with a rack mount kit, which is nice.  

James
Maninblack
That sounds like a sweet feature to have.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:22 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

James,

Hey, there's a new eBay stud in town!  Congrats.  And you got a good price too!  I'm sorry to say this is only the beginning for you.  You probably ought to cut down on the wear and tear right now and have your paychecks automatically sent to your PayPal account. LOL

Good luck,

Larry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:47 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

lbister @ Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:22 am wrote:
James,

Hey, there's a new eBay stud in town!  Congrats.  And you got a good price too!  I'm sorry to say this is only the beginning for you.  You probably ought to cut down on the wear and tear right now and have your paychecks automatically sent to your PayPal account. LOL  

Good luck,

Larry

No I'm going to have to show some very strict discipline with Ebay. I don't spend any more than I make doing the shows. My short term goal was to build my library up to around 2500 before I started booking outside my regular venues. I've got one more purchase to make before I reach that goal. Then comes the process of going through my catalog and deleting duplicates. My next goal is to purchase another player and add two more cabinets to replace my current pa monitors. The next step is to have covers made for my main cabinets, to protect them while hauling them around.
Now having said that, I also need to have some work done on my truck, new tires, brakes, etc. So that I can take my show down the road when needed. So far I've been pretty lucky that all three of my venues are within ten miles of where I live.
Also, I have to make sure that I buy wisely, so that all of the equipment fits inside the camper of my truck. So far my setup consist of two 15's and two 12's for the mains and 2 12's for monitors. I carry two mixer/amps, one for backup. then I have my mic stands and speaker stands. One roadcase for all my cords, mics. One roadcase for my disc and another for books. I carry one bag of tarps, in case I'm outside and need to cover things in a hurry, plus one 10x12 rug in case I'm setup on concrete.
Believe it or not, there is a method to my madness, and I put a lot of time and thought into each purchase. Being somewhat handicapped, I have to make sure that each item is something that I can lift and carry without assistance. I'm even made sure that my tv/monitor had hand grips located on the top, so I can easily lift it in and out of the box. My poor truck is 13 years old, with 148 thousand miles on it, but it's been a trooper, and has never failed to get me from point A to point B.  
But anyhoo, here again, I'm off on one of my long winded threads, so I'll hush.

James
Maninblack

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:18 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

E-bay is a wonderful thing. I just purchased a couple things myself. It is
funny how you feel more gratified out bidding someone to buy something.
I don't feel like I actually won something unless I got a really great deal.
When I was in Cazumel I bought 2 pendents, but didn't get the necklaces.
I'm glad I waited until i got home to use e-bay because I saved money.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:52 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Congratulations on your de-virginalization of ebay. Now you will be hooked. Talking about hooked, I bought my car through ebay motors. It was about 4 years ago and I never regretted it since. I got a great deal, about $5,000 less than anything else I have seen online or local, and the seller was a dealer so he had a reputation to keep so it was a clean deal. I saw about 30+ pictures posted online to make sure it looked good and did my research in to carfax.com and it was clean.

I buy everything through ebay now, although I will do google search to make sure I don't find better price online else where. I never had problems, until recently which I am going through mediation.

Good luck in the future with it.

Seize the day and SING!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:09 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I know it may be taboo to post it on here, since we have advertised sponsors, but the guy that I bought my item from is one of our own here at Karaoke Scene.  
His name is Todd Hillman and goes by hilltod on Ebay. In all fairness and respect to our sponsors and the forum, I wont post his url. A lot of the items, such as the Dangerous Series are no longer carried by many of our sponsors, so I don't see the harm.
My experience with him so far has been nothing short of excellent.  
So in my opinion, if we're looking for something that we can't find from our advertised sponsors, who I support when I can, then we should be able to look to each other to find the things we need. Just my opinion. And if I have broken a etched in stone policy, then I do apologize.

James
Maninblack

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:23 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Hey James, I see you already put your bid in on your other set of hilltod's Dangerous series.

I just one an auction last night on the same series but by a different seller. I would have gotten them from hilltod if I wasn't in such a hurry to secure the order.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:36 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 11 times
Good for you James.  I'm thinking of participating in Ebay buying some more, but making sure I scrutinize the buyers (since what I buy is usually electronic) and descriptions COMPLETELY is a more cumbersome task at times than buying elsewhere.  Since I buy rarer more obscure things,  I'm almost always buying from different buyers, and you need to comb thru all their stuff with a fine tooth comb.. Ebay is a great place, but you need to know how to buy... What to look for, read descriptions S&H, and small print thoroughly unless you really know who I buyer is.
Never make the "assumption" S&H won't be over $20 bucks on a small item...etc