KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - YouTube Karaoke Subscriptions Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:52 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
A friend of mine told me that he went to someone's karaoke show who was able to play all of the latest karaoke songs. He said that the karaoke host had a "subscription" to YouTube that allowed use of all karaoke tracks, new and old, including Sound Choice and Chartbuster.

I told him that I seriously doubted that YouTube offered such a subscription-based service for on-the-fly songs from all manufactures.

So, what's the deal? Does anyone know if YouTube does indeed offer a karaoke subscription?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:37 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 28 times
I'm seeing more and more venues using YouTube as their source for karaoke music. It's actually baffling how this is allowed to be a thing. As far as I know, there is no license or subscription that allows you to use YouTube videos for commercial purposes. Pretty sure your friend there is full of it.

Even if there were, the sound degradation would really hamper the quality of the show.

I've yet to see a YT karaoke show with more than 5 singers in the building.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:19 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Krisko wrote:
I'm seeing more and more venues using YouTube as their source for karaoke music. It's actually baffling how this is allowed to be a thing. As far as I know, there is no license or subscription that allows you to use YouTube videos for commercial purposes. Pretty sure your friend there is full of it.

Even if there were, the sound degradation would really hamper the quality of the show.

My sentiments exactly!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:25 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 158 times
My guess is it's a Youtube premium subscription, which would remove ads from videos but otherwise does nothing for making things legal for public performance.

I've been to pretty busy places while travelling that run off Youtube. It is definitely frustrating sometimes, as a singer--songs you expect to be able to do may not be readily available--but while travelling this past week, I did get to do a song that to my knowledge doesn't exist from any legit manufacturer (and it wouldn't make sense in most shows, but this was a heavily punk rock kind of bar).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:32 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
YouTube does have a paid subscription that removes all ads, but that doesn't necessarily allow kj use. However if the club is paying their PRO fees to the big 3, chances are nothing would ever happen. YouTube is getting to be the standard it seems

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:29 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
Krisko wrote:

Probably a bad example but.... I go out to Cancun once a year for vacation. One resort that I have been to twice (so far), has Karaoke night once a week (2 hour show), and they use YouTube for the show.

Here's the part where it's a bad example... It's a private resort, so it's a captive audience (a lot more than 5 people in attendance).