KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - cloud based storage of karaoke files Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:12 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
Just wondering if anyone successfully utilizes a cloud-based service like Google Drive to store their files when running a karaoke show? I've currently got a subscription to Google Drive. Thanks.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:04 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
as a backup....yes.
to stream from during a show, no.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:48 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 170 times
It would appear that YouTube is basically now the world's largest backup of karaoke and music videos, and when we need a local copy, we simply use a service like this(or many others) to convert them back to MP4 videos. Converting them to MP4 files on your laptop also insures the crowd never has to watch YouTube's commercials.

Before anyone mentions legality or fears of repercussions, I first have to say I'm not a lawyer. However, I honestly don't think YouTube cares. Especially for small gatherings in bars and restaurants. They know all the KJs and VJs on the planet won't put a dent in their revenue. Besides, they also know that if you watch a karaoke performance or music video at a local venue, odds are, you will watch it in your spare time, and unlike your local KJ, you don't have the time or the hard drive space to bypass all their commercials and will simply put up with it on the phone in your hand. That's all they're worried about. KJs actually help YouTube in this manner. YouTube is large enough (and wise enough) to not legally threaten every town's local KJs, VJs, and DJs. It would not end well for YouTube, and they know it.