KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - The Game's Afoot Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: The Game's Afoot
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:45 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
Alan B wrote:
Most bars have returned to normal, operating like pre pandemic. The biggest problem with bars right now is not the pandemic, it's that they need help and nobody wants to fill those positions.

Resignations are the highest on record — up 13 percent over pre-pandemic levels. There’s a surge in retirements with 3.6 million people retiring during the pandemic, that's over 2 million more than expected. And there’s been a boost in entrepreneurship that has caused the biggest jump in years in new business applications. There is a fundamental mismatch between what industries have the most job openings now and how many unemployed people used to work in that industry pre-pandemic. For example, there are 1.8 million job openings in professional and business services and fewer than 925,000 people whose most recent job was in that sector. There’s a similar mismatch in education and health services, where there are 1.7 million job openings and only 1.1 million people whose last job was in that sector. The Indeed.com job portal showed more than 2,000 job posts in the Fairfax County, Va., area for child care teaching assistants. Most paid $12 to $13 an hour, a bit less than many nearby fast food restaurants and retail stores. Nationwide, most industries have more job openings than people with prior experience in that sector, Labor Department data show. businesses are demanding that experience and low wages with unreasonable expectations.
low wage
degrees required for "entry level" positions
part time hours only
require full time availability for any schedule (meaning no second job)

here is an example of what is really happening
https://www.businessinsider.com/worker- ... ge-2021-10

all the extra has already been cancelled, no more unemployment bonus, so that's not it.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:49 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
Alan B wrote:
Danny... I believe the bars that stopped offering entertainment will ultimately fail. Most people go to a bar for the entertainment it offers. Whether they have a DJ, karaoke, band, trivia, bingo, etc.... nobody is going to go to a bar that has nothing. It wouldn't be much fun now would it? Part of going out is to have fun... otherwise, I can just stay home and drink. Totally stupid move for a bar to offer no entertainment whatsoever to it's customers. They won't last very long.

Maybe people have changed during the pandemic, they don't want to go out and drink, party, when they are worried about food and shelter. The only thing that matters now is getting the pandemic behind us, once that is done then you can start rebuilding the entertainment industry. It is quite plain that the Mills aren't as interested in a party as they are about the future. The pandemic has changed things maybe for the better.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:07 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
Alan B wrote:
Most bars have returned to normal, operating like pre pandemic. The biggest problem with bars right now is not the pandemic, it's that they need help and nobody wants to fill those positions.

Resignations are the highest on record — up 13 percent over pre-pandemic levels. There’s a surge in retirements with 3.6 million people retiring during the pandemic, that's over 2 million more than expected. And there’s been a boost in entrepreneurship that has caused the biggest jump in years in new business applications. There is a fundamental mismatch between what industries have the most job openings now and how many unemployed people used to work in that industry pre-pandemic. For example, there are 1.8 million job openings in professional and business services and fewer than 925,000 people whose most recent job was in that sector. There’s a similar mismatch in education and health services, where there are 1.7 million job openings and only 1.1 million people whose last job was in that sector. The Indeed.com job portal showed more than 2,000 job posts in the Fairfax County, Va., area for child care teaching assistants. Most paid $12 to $13 an hour, a bit less than many nearby fast food restaurants and retail stores. Nationwide, most industries have more job openings than people with prior experience in that sector, Labor Department data show. businesses are demanding that experience and low wages with unreasonable expectations.
low wage
degrees required for "entry level" positions
part time hours only
require full time availability for any schedule (meaning no second job)

here is an example of what is really happening
https://www.businessinsider.com/worker- ... ge-2021-10

all the extra has already been cancelled, no more unemployment bonus, so that's not it.

Yes it is not so much that the employers are truly desperate for workers, as much as they miss their slaves.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:30 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
mrscott wrote:
Ya know what? I want the name of each of the lodges and their locations, and the managers number. So I can call them and just see how they view "entertainment" and it's value now. And yes, I am serious. You know that I won't be taking your gig from you since I am hundreds of miles away, so your ego can still be stroked.

I think this might be what you're looking for... Elks Lodge 1740

https://www.elks.org/lodges/ContactUs.c ... umber=1740

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:51 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

My original plan was to to this for roughly 90 days or until the first of 2022. Nothing happening is changing my operational timeline, it looks like I will be able to go back to my retirement mode. Despite all the gloom and doom predictions of hosts I haven't destroyed the local entertainment structure. At one venue they are going to hire a band on a regular basis after my tour is over. So I have made work for, however, many persons are in the band hired. The reason I'm sticking to my original timeline is simple, with vaccinations and now medication available to fight the virus, we are finally putting the pandemic in the rear view mirror. That is at least in California which has strong mandates that are enforced.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:05 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I want to take this time to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Sorry I have been so busy I just haven't had the time to poke my head in the tent. I will currently be ending my tour after January 1st, despite the warnings of gloom, and doom nothing happened, a few more people from the entertainment local community now have jobs for the New Year. So for Alan and Mr.Scott I'm making them a present of quitting for awhile?

P.S. Happy New Year also. Just baked the pies, and tomorrow the feast, have to get up early. :confused: :confused: :beermates: :beermates: :beermates: :beermates:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:39 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 116 times
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year LR!! Here's wishing you, your family, and your friends the very best during this holiday season. We can only pray that the new year will be a prosperous and safe time for everyone near and far! Take care of yourself and those around you ......

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:43 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Merry Christmas, LR.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:48 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Currently I am without a gig and it feels good, after over 90 days in the saddle I'm ready for a rest. I have to admit that it was tough but I got through it, during the pandemic. Now ,however, I see that we are not over the covid-19 just yet, so I'm back in a defensive mode. There are many problems that need to be solved in our supply chains, so the goods and services can flow freely. On the up side all of the non-profits so far have weathered the medical storms, and are ready for the New Year.

P.S. A Happy New Year to all! :party: :party: :party:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:05 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
I don't know about it, but I like to play video games. And not only the most modern, but also those that evoke nostalgia. Now I'm playing the free game tiles of the unexpected https://game-game.com/982/ on a cool site and I'm having a lot of fun.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6