KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Did Something Happen To Signs of Recovery Post? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:23 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
The post has been removed was there some problem with it?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:11 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
The post has been removed was there some problem with it?

It can't go away... it just can't! It's been a staple here in this forum for all these months and probably one of the most active threads, ever!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:01 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 170 times
It's a sign we're completely recovered. Yay :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:04 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

If were completely recovered then why the mask?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:12 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Lone, you're not that good at recognizing sarcasm. See, it's just further proof that you need to get out. ...with a mask of course.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:02 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

So why was the post taken down? I still don't have an answer for that? It seems you would be more concerned Bob, after all you are the one the started the post.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:44 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I know. I was quite proud when it surpassed 100,000 views. Maybe it was something someone said. The last thing I said was something along the lines of how things take forever to get done because it takes smart people a long time to convince dumb people that they're wrong. I doubt that was considered over the line by any stretch, but it wouldn't surprise me if a response to that went too far. I've never understood why they can't just delete problem messages instead of deleting the whole thread. The only other thing I've seen them do is freeze a thread from anyone adding more. Maybe deleting a single message is not an option.

Last edited by Bob Latshaw on Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:52 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Two other possibilities.

1. The admins got sick of watching you and I go back and forth in a clear case of pandemic boredom.
2. You bribed one of them to delete it so that your UBI thread would instantly become to the number one viewed thread ;)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:19 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
I know. I was quite proud when it surpassed 100,000 views. Maybe it was something someone said. The last thing I said was something along the lines of how things take forever to get done because it takes smart people a long time to convince dumb people that they're wrong. I doubt that was considered over the line by any stretch, but it wouldn't surprise me if a response to that went too far. I've never understood why they can't just delete problem messages instead of deleting the whole thread. The only other thing I've seen them do is freeze a thread from anyone adding more. Maybe deleting a single message is not an option.

Bob, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink plus you can't fix stupid.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:52 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Bob Latshaw wrote:
Two other possibilities.

1. The admins got sick of watching you and I go back and forth in a clear case of pandemic boredom.
2. You bribed one of them to delete it so that your UBI thread would instantly become to the number one viewed thread ;)

Let's examine the two possibilities, shall we?

Number 1. I believe this possibility is false. The banter between The Lone Ranger and Bob Latshaw has always been informative and very entertaining, to say the least. Reading their posts played on your emotions and had all the makings of a reality TV show.

Number 2. I believe this to be false, also. The Lone Ranger's life revolved around this thread. It helped him become a superstar of posters. I couldn't imagine him wanting it taken down.

So, I strongly suggest that The Lone Ranger start a new thread called "Signs of Recovery II" and continue to bring happiness and joy to all of the thousands of people who have enjoyed following it.

Attachments:
SIGNS.jpg
SIGNS.jpg [ 336.31 KiB | Viewed 36427 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:19 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Why start a similar post Alan, it would be taken down also. What I was wondering is why the original was taken down? I mean like you said it didn't get out of hand, and was informative, and addressing something that is effecting all people in the karaoke hosting business?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:34 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Why start a similar post Alan, it would be taken down also. What I was wondering is why the original was taken down? I mean like you said it didn't get out of hand, and was informative, and addressing something that is effecting all people in the karaoke hosting business?

OK... I'll post it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:38 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Very few threads are taken down, unless a complaint is flagged on an individual post in that thread..
Or, you annoy Phill.
Suggestions: Never post drunk, include a sarcasm emogi if other viewers are slow on the pickup, Post more, whine less.
You can thank me later..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:11 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 158 times
Also, it could have something to do with the limits of the software. I remember a board I used to post on using the same software that would cut large threads after a certain point--I forget what the threshold was.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:17 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

If it were a limit of the software, there wouldn't be other threads with far more content and views, and there are. Also, the software they're using here is still in development, with the latest release being only a month old. They've been using it a long time. It's also open source. I'd bet quite a bit that it's not a software issue. I'm sure it has a bug or two, but nothing that big or it would have been fixed a decade ago.

I'm pretty sure it was deleted on purpose. JD didn't act too surprised that it was gone.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:56 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 1080 times
Bob Latshaw wrote:
If it were a limit of the software, there wouldn't be other threads with far more content and views, and there are. Also, the software they're using here is still in development, with the latest release being only a month old. They've been using it a long time. It's also open source. I'd bet quite a bit that it's not a software issue. I'm sure it has a bug or two, but nothing that big or it would have been fixed a decade ago.

I'm pretty sure it was deleted on purpose. JD didn't act too surprised that it was gone.

We have a deleted folder, and it not viewable to non admin/mods.
Also, I believe Phill posted about this issue, and I thought most would have seen it.
I spend a lot of my time deleting spammers and the spam posts, so I don't always have time to see all these clever banters.
I'll try to step up my game.