KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - I would like to sing Live Karaoke online Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:34 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
Hi everyone

My wife has an old Creative PCMCIA sound card (Blaster Audigy 2 zs) she users on her laptop windows XP, she uses this to sing live on Paltalk forum, unfortunately it's very old and no longer functions properly.

Does anyone please have any advice to upgrade the system with the same or better quality to sing and record her singing with up to date laptop or desktop equipment, we currently have a Apple IMac desktop.

She would like to be able to sing live to forum members on Paltalk again.

Thanks again everyone

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:13 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 170 times
stewartw wrote:
Hi everyone

My wife has an old Creative PCMCIA sound card (Blaster Audigy 2 zs) she users on her laptop windows XP, she uses this to sing live on Paltalk forum, unfortunately it's very old and no longer functions properly.

Does anyone please have any advice to upgrade the system with the same or better quality to sing and record her singing with up to date laptop or desktop equipment, we currently have a Apple IMac desktop.

She would like to be able to sing live to forum members on Paltalk again.

Thanks again everyone

I would switch back to a Windows laptop. Windows is a lot better than it was in the XP days and the amount of software and hardware options is virtually limitless. Apple is great at phones and tablets, but the professional laptop market is still a Windows world if you want a decent amount of options.

One of which is Karma, the best karaoke/audio/video player out there :D but I may be a little biased (and it's free for home use as long as you don't need more than 3 singers in the rotation and 3 songs queued up at any given time. Everything else is fully functional, including multi-display, effects, singer/player history, reports, etc...)

For recording, Windows comes with built-in audio recording software, but a better (and also free) audio recording software is Audacity. If you use the same laptop to play your karaoke tracks and record your singing at the same time, make sure you don't skimp on CPU power. With Audacity, you can record the vocal to a separate track and go back later and add or change effects on the vocals if you're serious about the final quality.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile