KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - vocal removers Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: vocal removers
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:23 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
What do you think about vocal remover audionamix?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:27 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
All vocal removers work on the same premise and that is cancelling out like frequency waves that exist on both channels and are completely dependent on how the original recording was engineered to begin with, some will work great, some will work ok and some will work eh - and any kind of monaural recording - forget about it. I don't see this service being anything better or worse than anything out on the market today.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:34 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 427 times
Lonman wrote:
All vocal removers work on the same premise and that is cancelling out like frequency waves that exist on both channels and are completely dependent on how the original recording was engineered to begin with, some will work great, some will work ok and some will work eh - and any kind of monaural recording - forget about it. I don't see this service being anything better or worse than anything out on the market today.

I agree mostly, but the stage position setting in Vogone can be a game changer. I've pulled up some that sucked at center stage. Shift left or shift right and you can sometimes find a sweet spot that makes a huge difference.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:45 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 242 times
What surprises me is that anyone would think that using a track whose sound recording has been altered and rerecorded and used in any situation other than home use is in any way shape or form legal. What amazes me even more however is that Lacey Thompson hasn't been sued by a major label yet. He's been doing this for many years, as far back as I can remember with his little classified ads in Musician, and Mix, etc. going back to at least the early 80s.

In any event I highly doubt that any engineer/producer would pan vocal tracks in such a way so as to make it more difficult for "vocal eliminators" to do their thing. There are new techniques that trend all the time and one technique in particular currently in use by many top engineers is to stack the vocals. This is done by taking the vocal track and panning it 45 degrees to one side, then copying that track and delaying it approximately 15 ms and panning that track 45 degrees to the opposite side, all the while EQing the opposite track differently as they're being stacked. I've used this technique myself and depending on a number of variables, have stacked vocals as many as 4 times for a lead vocal. Many times more of course for chorused vocals, etc. I can well imagine that recording lead vocals using this one technique would play havoc with a "vocal eliminator".

The main reason that the reverb tracks remain in the recording is because reverb tracks are almost never panned straight up and down and are often times EQ'd differently as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:35 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
I have used Audionamix's TRAX Pro 3 and XTRAX STEMS to remove vocals from songs. TRAX Pro takes much more time and effort to master but gives pretty good results.

https://audionamix.com/technology/adx-trax/

XTRAX STEMS is a simplified version that has less editing options, but can be useful if you are short on time. It can even remove drums from a song as well as vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBQnGArIliQ
https://audionamix.com/technology/xtrax-stems/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:11 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 39 times
Bastiat wrote:
What surprises me is that anyone would think that using a track whose sound recording has been altered and rerecorded and used in any situation other than home use is in any way shape or form legal. What amazes me even more however is that Lacey Thompson hasn't been sued by a major label yet. He's been doing this for many years, as far back as I can remember with his little classified ads in Musician, and Mix, etc. going back to at least the early 80s.

In any event I highly doubt that any engineer/producer would pan vocal tracks in such a way so as to make it more difficult for "vocal eliminators" to do their thing. There are new techniques that trend all the time and one technique in particular currently in use by many top engineers is to stack the vocals. This is done by taking the vocal track and panning it 45 degrees to one side, then copying that track and delaying it approximately 15 ms and panning that track 45 degrees to the opposite side, all the while EQing the opposite track differently as they're being stacked. I've used this technique myself and depending on a number of variables, have stacked vocals as many as 4 times for a lead vocal. Many times more of course for chorused vocals, etc. I can well imagine that recording lead vocals using this one technique would play havoc with a "vocal eliminator".

The main reason that the reverb tracks remain in the recording is because reverb tracks are almost never panned straight up and down and are often times EQ'd differently as well.

By most estimates; 90% of all KJs are pirates. These pirates have hundreds of thousands of karaoke tracks on their hard drives but you think that they are above using a track that has had the vocals reduced? That's almost as funny as asking the murder suspect to swear to tell the truth "so help me God". He has no issue with murder for hire but he would NEVER tell a lie. LOL

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:39 pm 

Been Liked: 1 time
AUDIONAMIX WON'T HONOR MY "NEVER EXPIRES" XTRAX STEMS PURCHASE (2022)

I bought XTRAX STEMS from Audionamix and paid extra for the product so it would "never expire." My receipt says I bought XTRAX STEMS, Expires: Never
Now they have retired the server and are only offering me a 1 year subscription to the new version of XTRAX STEMS. When I asked them why, they just said it is a subscription product now. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue.