KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - A Personal View Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: A Personal View
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:19 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
Lets try to get another perspective on immigration. All my life I have dealt with nationals Hired, worked with, drank with, sweat with, prayed with and cried with. At about 7 we had a cherry orchard as well as several neighbors. They would come up and distribute according to the size of the orchard. By noon rthe first day I was buddies with all of them. In those days they slept under the stars and would cook over a fire and sing and laugh. The gal cooking motioned me over and said "go get some butter". She cooked tortillas over the fire with the lid from a wood stove. You have never eaten until tortillas like that with home made buteer made from real cream. The goodbyes were emotional.

I have thinned sugar beets and many other things alongside. Spent a day in tennesse hoing maters with a bunch of black gals They were eying me and one said "just a bunch of hoes out heh hoing anda hoing anda hoig" I never laughed so hard in my life. We hoed and sang and laughed and hoed. It was one of those days that is priceless.

Paco was an illegal that hung out in our local bar Always smiling loved everybody. One sat they came in and busted him. With a big grin he said"I be back" Everybody cracked up. The next weekend he was back...

We had a liquor store in wellington and every fri aft the bus would come in and the last stop was our store. Smiles and jokes.. When harvest was over they came in and got  their preorderd large beer order for the big party. They all had to come in and say goddbye gotta go home...Nobody was laughing.

I could go on story after story. These people when you made a friend you had a friend for life. These people are my people. The ones we (including mexicans) have a problem with are those that sneak in break laws and never get punished. Now at first they showed total respect but as time goes by they are becoming more unruly and have no respect for this country its laws or tradions. Houston we have a problem!!!!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile